davmariner
February 22, 2018, 3:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,860
Gold Stars: 75
https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2018/february/freeview--john-fentys-plea/

Seems we’re no closer to employing a new man. Doesn’t know how long Wilko will be in charge.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Gainsbro_Mariner
February 22, 2018, 3:37pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +27 / -2
Approval: +1,450
Gold Stars: 14
It sounds like they are going to give it to Wilko until the end of the season.

Tony Gallimore nicked my Pint and my sausage roll
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 75
MuddyWaters
February 22, 2018, 3:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
So now JF is going cap in hand to the fans who the club have treated pretty disgracefully. Perhaps Mr Marley should have gone and told last week's miscreants to 'Shut up'?

I'm not condoning the person or people who abused Scott Vernon and his family, not for one minute, but in life, what goes around, comes around and I just find it a bit rich when the board are now asking the fans for help.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 75
moosey_club
February 22, 2018, 4:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Are we going to get one of these every week now until we actually win ?

Ok ... so its "one individual" who is a w@nker. I trust the club will be identifying him then and subsequently banning him.

Fans need to be nice inside BP and support the players.  Protest all you like outside or at the board but not at the players.

and the belly laugh.....

"there is no reason this team cant get 20 more points to ensure safety "                

FFS. Really John ?  

Firstly ...do you actually believe they can get 20 points ?  
Secondly ....do you actually believe it needs 20 more to ensure safety ? 10 would probably do i reckon ( and i cant see us even getting that many honestly).

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 75
LH
February 22, 2018, 4:11pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 169
Brilliant. No closer to a new manager despite the caretaker making no difference or changes to the team in his first game. The very next tweet Town sent was one saying the EFL have agreed to bring the transfer window closure in August forward three weeks thus giving a new manager appointed at the end of the season three weeks less to get his business done.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 75
jonnyboy82
February 22, 2018, 4:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.29
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,683
Gold Stars: 95
Same old chestnut .

Fans fault.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 75
darren9
February 22, 2018, 4:16pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / -7
Approval: +590
Gold Stars: 39
Some points I’ve noticed;

Firstly. The statement issued yesterday ended “We will not be making any further comment at this time.”

If only that we’re true. There was no need to make this statement. If it were to cover the scott Vernan incident then a simple release saying they’ve looked into it and due to extreme provocation the club will not be taking any action and that the gesture was not aimed at the fans as an entirety but at a specific individual who was targeting the player.

I have been subjected to personal abuse due to my job and I agree that it is deplorable and fully understand why vernan made the gesture. I think we should move on from it now and put it to bed. But this is my personal opinion

The rest of the video is waffle of the highest order. Of course he doesn’t want protests. They’re protesting against him and his mates. He’s going to “plea” against isn’t he? But does he really think that this is going to solve the issue? If anything I’d suggest that it is just going to make it worse. Inside or outside BP or any other ground doesn’t matter does it? We’ve backed the club and the players we have and look where it’s got us. Can he really, truly expect that we’ll be clapping them for every shite touch, misplaced pass and bottled challenge? In any case we’re not protesting against them as individuals but complaining against the situation were in. I think that is understandable.

On the subject of a new manager. Well I maintain my stance that he’s hoping for some “footballing fortune” in the form of a fluked win so he can appoint Wilkinson either until the end of the season on one of those lovely 6 month rolling contracts.

I said earlier and I’ll say again there was no need to do this video.
Who is JF anyway? He’s not the chairman is he? If there is a statement it should come from the chairman. He wants all the power of chairman but spat his dummy out about being one long ago.
A dignified silence on all matters would have been better than this video which has done nothing but further antagonise the section of fans he was hoping to appease and to further stoke his massive ego.
As well as a new manager, team, ground, training facilities and owners one thing this club needs is a fully functioning PR department who could tell him what a bad idea this was.

As for the actual video. Well, it was poorly framed, badly lit and those making it couldn’t be bothered to turn their phones off.
One a plus point JFs shawl neck sweater was nicer than his roll neck/leather jacket combo at the fans forum so at least he can’t be pillioried for that and we’re moving forward in the building in that regard.

Twitter: @DarrenLeeNewman
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 75
darren9
February 22, 2018, 4:17pm
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +7 / -7
Approval: +590
Gold Stars: 39
Oh and I thought he could have at least had the decency to blame ITV digital again.

Twitter: @DarrenLeeNewman
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 75
moosey_club
February 22, 2018, 4:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from LH
Brilliant. No closer to a new manager despite the caretaker making no difference or changes to the team in his first game. The very next tweet Town sent was one saying the EFL have agreed to bring the transfer window closure in August forward three weeks thus giving a new manager appointed at the end of the season three weeks less to get his business done.

He did make changes to be fair and for 18.5 minutes they were proving positive.  

2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 75
realist
February 22, 2018, 4:20pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,688
Gold Stars: 41
A load of waffle as usual. I will be protesting against the board, Wilko, and any player that doesn't honour their shirt INSIDE the ground. If you don't like just SHUT UP because I am not listening anymore/

FENTY OUT FENTY OUT FENTY OUT
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 75
lew chaterleys lover
February 22, 2018, 4:26pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,547
Gold Stars: 231
To be honest I cannot bear to view it. It would upset me too much.

What I do know is that things seem to be catching up with JS Fenty. People in the game talk to each other, and they must look at us a club at the minute and shake their heads.

The lack of vision and investment, and any tangible improvements in 15 years on or off the pitch are having a big bearing on the clubs standing. All the poor decisions have led us to this point where he has to plead with fans not to make a fuss. Too late. He has had countless chances and has cocked every single one of them up on the alter of his massive ego. Time to a back seat, and perhaps that would take some heat off the club, and let us get back to supporting the club without by association supporting Fenty.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 75
RoboCod
February 22, 2018, 4:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Pity he and the board don't listen to the fans pleas. When they pleaded, almost to a man/woman to change things before Xmas, to stop the most rotten of all rots with Slade's hapless management which was not going to improve.

Instead we got...a statement. A statement backing Slade, suggesting we stick together and the corner would be turned.
Now we look for a new man with a horribly unbalanced squad who have got into a losing habit, with the transfer window shut and a bunch of loanees who will be gone in a puff of dust come the final day, with a level of distrust between fans and board on a level I've never seen before.
I doubt we'll see anyone of any worth come in to manage, but it wouldn't be beyond this bunch of clowns to take Wilko on as a result of little interest in the job and pretend he was top choice anyway. I expect this now, sadly.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 75
jonnyboy82
February 22, 2018, 4:34pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.29
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,683
Gold Stars: 95
So in the meantime slade was sacked Fleetwood appoint a new manager , Cambridge get 3 wins in a row with there caretaker manager and we are no further on in appointing our new manager to galvanize the whole club.

We plod along hoping the problem fixes itself on a Saturday while the previous Saturday showed it won't.

Turned down by a journeyman manager while statement after statement waffles on about not making anymore statements .

Whilst we offer peanuts we we will get monkeys as our current playing squad shows , can't help but think the same is going on in the search for a new manager hence why we cant get anyone .

Sick to death of it.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 75
The Grim Reaper
February 22, 2018, 4:36pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -30
Approval: -533
Gold Stars: 1
He's saying GET BEHIND THE flipping PLAYERS. What's wrong with that?

Jesus wants me to be a sunbeam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 75
davmariner
February 22, 2018, 4:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,860
Gold Stars: 75
Davmariner’s plea to John Fenty, ‘do not appoint Wilko’.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 75
MuddyWaters
February 22, 2018, 4:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from jonnyboy82
So in the meantime slade was sacked Fleetwood appoint a new manager , Cambridge get 3 wins in a row with there caretaker manager and we are no further on in appointing our new manager to galvanize the whole club.

We plod along hoping the problem fixes itself on a Saturday while the previous Saturday showed it won't.

Turned down by a journeyman manager while statement after statement waffles on about not making anymore statements .

Whilst we offer peanuts we we will get monkeys as our current playing squad shows , can't help but think the same is going on in the search for a new manager hence why we cant get anyone .

Sick to death of it.

True - Nero (Fenty) fiddles while Rome burns and ever increasing amounts of tumbleweed surround BP. Perhaps a 'Sorry!' now and again, a bit of humility, an explanation as to why you sacked the previous manager after he won at a subsequently promoted club. No - you're always right and we're always wrong.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 75
Teestogreen
February 22, 2018, 4:39pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -113
Gold Stars: 20
My view? The board's position is untenable. The decisions they have made have been scandalous - particularly after gaining re-entry to the proper football league - with momentum and cash flow considerably in their favour.

The downward spiral will continue and the fans will revolt.

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 75
realist
February 22, 2018, 4:40pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from The Grim Reaper

Get behind this shower of shite? get real

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 75
MuddyWaters
February 22, 2018, 4:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from The Grim Reaper

Nothing wrong with it - except that HE DOESN'T NEED TO SAY IT!!!!!!

He should leave the supporters to do the supporting - we're actually quite good at it - and get on with doing whatever the board does.
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 75
dapperz fun pub
February 22, 2018, 4:53pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
No more statements ha ha what a load of codswallop ..
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 75
OneLove
February 22, 2018, 5:27pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
I could only manage halfway through that, yet again he's using the fans as a scapegoat to the performances. This is john fenty in his true colours, if he knew town fans he would know that we don't travel all that way to have a go at players before a balls kicked, theres reasons as to why they are getting grief is simply because of our position and their lack of interest in playing for the club. That bloke riles me so much in his smarmy ways.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 75
GrimRob
February 22, 2018, 5:29pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
Is it asking much for football supporters to support the team they profess to love?

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 21 - 75
February 22, 2018, 5:29pm
Guest User
Personally I think that Vernons supersonic hearing is wasted at Town. I was sat towards the side of the stand and I didn’t hear any abuse directed about Vernons family so how on earth did he? (Bearing in mind the distance from the subs and the fans at Cambridge is a fair distance). Also why did he laugh when ‘this fan’ aimed the rude gesture towards the Town fans. If someone abused my family I wouldn’t find it very funny.
Reply: 22 - 75
OneLove
February 22, 2018, 5:30pm
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
Two people I wish would eff off out of BP Fenty and Nick Dale, the pair of murky twits
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 75
GrimRob
February 22, 2018, 5:31pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
No more statements ha ha what a load of codswallop ..

Isn't this a statement about a different thing? This one is mainly about Vernon. The one where it said that was about the manager I think?

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 24 - 75
lew chaterleys lover
February 22, 2018, 5:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from GrimRob
Is it asking much for football supporters to support the team they profess to love?

That is a fair question.

On that basis, on Saturday I will be cheering the lads on with my usual gusto, whilst also singing "Fenty out" in every break in play. That way everyone's a winner.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 75
Bigdog
February 22, 2018, 5:47pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
You know when a long stay at the helm of a football club is coming to a natural end when you have to agree that some of what JF is saying is sensible regarding the predicament we are in on the playing side. But the ensuing critical comments by the fanbase carry much more credence because events in the past have led to the sorry state the club now finds itself in..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 75
devs
February 22, 2018, 5:52pm
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,960
Gold Stars: 30
Desperate message from a desperate man - embarrassing to be fair
Doesn't affect me cos I never abuse players, boo players etc just support the team

He's never ever going to get the fans on board so he'd be better off not giving people more ammunition

Smooth-talking Tory councillor trying to win over (basically) working class fans is a big ask at the best of times - so just leave it John!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 75
headingly_mariner
February 22, 2018, 5:55pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Quoted from GrimRob

But they already do. Even at the last home game the grief was directed at the board and not the players. The same people protesting were also the ones whipping up an atmosphere to support the team. How does protesting against the board effect the players? If anything it deflects the heat from the players. I have no beef with the players. The bloke who abused Vernon is clearly massively in the wrong and I'm not bothered about vernon's reaction.

I do take issue with saying that some people only travelled to Cambridge to protest. The people with banners and doing the Fenty Out chanting have been at games up and down the country for much longer than I've been going.

The fans are not the reason we are in this position. The board have made a complete mess of it and any protest in or out of the ground is fair enough as long as it isn't aimed at the players.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 75
Teestogreen
February 22, 2018, 5:56pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -113
Gold Stars: 20
Evening 's'

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 75
lukeo
February 22, 2018, 6:01pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,304
Gold Stars: 134
Only read what the telegraph have written briefly of what he has said but I'm sorry (here come the red x's) I have to agree with him that we should not be protesting from 2.45pm until the final whistle. Get behind the boys and show passion. As soon as the whistle blows or pre match outside the stadium do what you need to do. Whether people like it or not protesting during a match will only make things that slightly more worse
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 75
MuddyWaters
February 22, 2018, 6:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from devs
Desperate message from a desperate man - embarrassing to be fair
Doesn't affect me cos I never abuse players, boo players etc just support the team

He's never ever going to get the fans on board so he'd be better off not giving people more ammunition

Smooth-talking Tory councillor trying to win over (basically) working class fans is a big ask at the best of times - so just leave it John!

Doesn't matter what 'class' you are from - treating people with respect should be a given. I run a business which has a lot of working class and benefit claiming customers, they all get treated exactly the same.
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 75
RoboCod
February 22, 2018, 6:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
"Together we are stronger and the only way we can make Blundell Park a fortress is by turning out and backing the team.
Let’s show that relentless support for the team that has seen us recognized nationally in the past and here’s to bringing the goals, confidence and buzz back at Blundell Park"

Not a plea taken from todays latest statement but from the last statement when we were asked to back the team, back on the 9th Jan, under Slade.
I do hope the fans back the team but I also hope they have no reason to turn on them again as us fans really seem to be in some hopeless, empty promise ridden swirl of endless groundhog days, if the above statement is anything to go by.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 75
Ipswin
February 22, 2018, 6:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
For felicitations sake leave the bloke alone

He did what we all wanted and sacked the manager

He appears to be taking his time to find a new bloke and not rushing head on into another disasterous appointment

He wants to intercourse off out of the club and I believe nothing would give him greater pleasure (like most of us) but can't find anyone to buy him out

He is defending an employee against what was a disgraceful verbal attack and explaining the employee's behaviour

We are all painfully aware that his statements are always ill thought out, unnecessary and where there is something to tell the fans often totally lacking in info but like the team, he just can't win.

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 75
realist
February 22, 2018, 6:37pm
Table Wine Drinker
You are loved up with him
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 75
grimsby pete
February 22, 2018, 6:40pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from Ipswin
For felicitations sake leave the bloke alone

He did what we all wanted and sacked the manager

He appears to be taking his time to find a new bloke and not rushing head on into another disasterous appointment

He wants to intercourse off out of the club and I believe nothing would give him greater pleasure (like most of us) but can't find anyone to buy him out

He is defending an employee against what was a disgraceful verbal attack and explaining the employee's behaviour

We are all painfully aware that his statements are always ill thought out, unnecessary and where there is something to tell the fans often totally lacking in info but like the team, he just can't win.

I am beginning to worry about you my mate  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 75
Ipswin
February 22, 2018, 6:42pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from realist
You are loved up with him

Not at all I think he's a useless lump but its difficult to see what he can do and attacking him and /or the team will change nowt

His sacking of Slade was, I am sure (although he will never admit it) led by fan pressure and whoever is appointed (unless we are in the Premier League in four years) will bring on another tirade of complaints / abuse down on his head.

Who would want his job? For that matter who wants the managers job (except perhaps Wilko)

Private Message
Reply: 36 - 75
monkeyboy
February 22, 2018, 6:44pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -174
Gold Stars: 26
He did what we all wanted and rightly sacked Slade and yet the moaning still goes on, im not saying Wilko is the best man for the job but come on guys he has had one game and a matter of a few days to try and get the team how he sees fit.
I personally think Wilko will do ok given the chance but it seems to be like a witch trial at the moment.

Fenty is right to say get behind the boys, we still dont have to agree with the board though.

As we are stuck with these players now i dont see the point in getting a new man in until near the end of the season, gives the board time to pick up someone hopefully credible but also time for them to look at the players.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 75
realist
February 22, 2018, 6:53pm
Table Wine Drinker
I wouldn't criticise his manager selection because I am as clueless as he is. I know I wouldn't have had Slade back though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 75
Pouton4ever
February 22, 2018, 6:55pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: -244
Quoted from monkeyboy
He did what we all wanted and rightly sacked Slade and yet the moaning still goes on, im not saying Wilko is the best man for the job but come on guys he has had one game and a matter of a few days to try and get the team how he sees fit.
I personally think Wilko will do ok given the chance but it seems to be like a witch trial at the moment.

Fenty is right to say get behind the boys, we still dont have to agree with the board though.

As we are stuck with these players now i dont see the point in getting a new man in until near the end of the season, gives the board time to pick up someone hopefully credible but also time for them to look at the players.

And it would give time for all the venom to dissipate from social media and the web.

I honestly am so confused at how people think personal abuse- and it's more than just the vernon thing- think all those posts insulting slade, fenty- make this club an attractive proposition to any manager worth their salt.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 75
MuddyWaters
February 22, 2018, 6:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from monkeyboy

That's what happened last season wasn't it? A rip roaring success that turned out to be.
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 75
Cloudy
February 22, 2018, 6:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from monkeyboy

He did finally sack Slade but at least 4 weeks too late!

He sacked him AFTER he shipped out any semblance of creativity.

He SACKED him after the transfer window closed leaving behind a terribly unbalanced squad.

I actually don't think the squad is THAT bad but it has no confidence and desperately needs a new voice to lead and motivate them, a fresh set of eyes to get gem playing closer to their ability. For me it IS VITAL we get a new man in.

Sadly a misplaced pass or an unenforced error will get the crowd on the players backs and we go round again.

Fenty blames the fans for this that and everything, yet he is like a blind man who cannot see the error of his ways. He ploughs on in his own egotistical manner, oblivious to why the club is collapsing around his ears.

Just take a back seat John, step aside from the day to day running of the club, you are causing far more damage by your freakish control
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 75
monkeyboy
February 22, 2018, 7:03pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -174
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from Cloudy

He SACKED him after the transfer window closed leaving behind a terribly unbalanced squad.

I actually don't think the squad is THAT bad but it has no confidence and desperately needs a new voice to lead and motivate them, a fresh set of eyes to get gem playing closer to their ability. For me it IS VITAL we get a new man in.

Sadly a misplaced pass or an unenforced error will get the crowd on the players backs and we go round again.

Fenty blames the fans for this that and everything, yet he is like a blind man who cannot see the error of his ways. He ploughs on in his own egotistical manner, oblivious to why the club is collapsing around his ears.

Just take a back seat John, step aside from the day to day running of the club, you are causing far more damage by your freakish control

I agree the timing of the sacking was urine poor indeed and makes it very difficult for anyone to get results, for me that has made it the biggest danger now to going down, not the fact that Wilko is in charge.
Im not sure who this number 2 Byrne is he has in but maybe just maybe this guy can have a good effect and fresh eyes you where mentioning.
It would seem that the number 2 is also Wilkos choice which in this instance makes a world of difference that the manager and assistant get along and probably work in tandem.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 75
Pouton4ever
February 22, 2018, 7:03pm
Beer Drinker
Quoted from Cloudy

Put the Fenty issue to one side and ask yourself what the goal is short term. You would probably agree it's to stop the slide and get some points on the board. If so why not decide that the players we have we are stuck with so instead of getting on their backs when they mess up , support them. If it's not you getting on their backs then encourage those who are to just change their mindset and not get on their backs. We re in this together with the same goal.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 75
BPMariner
February 22, 2018, 7:10pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: -61
Gold Stars: 6
Here here. Get behind our own players, make the place hostile for the opposition. This will no doubt be Paul Tisdale's team talk on Saturday. "Turn their own fans on them, if they are not already."  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 75
Pouton4ever
February 22, 2018, 7:17pm
Beer Drinker
Quoted from BPMariner
Here here. Get behind our own players, make the place hostile for the opposition. This will no doubt be Paul Tisdale's team talk on Saturday. "Turn their own fans on them, if they are not already."  

It was also Newports team talk and I imagine countless other teams too. That is a bit embarrassing
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 75
MuddyWaters
February 22, 2018, 7:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from BPMariner

Any sane fan will do that. That doesn't mean we can't discuss the Fenty plea on here does it?
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 75
Marinerz93
February 22, 2018, 7:29pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
“I plead with the fans who have really got an angst with the way the football club’s run to take that argument outside Blundell Park if possible, because it really isn’t helping anything,” Fenty said.

Are you for flipping real, as soon as the team walks out on to the pitch I want them to win and enjoy themselves but the problem is some of them are stealing a wage or just not good enough, this is your doing, put it right and offer the players a staying up bonus at the end of the season.

You need to be proactive not reactive, this is why you have failed time and time again, you want the kudos of running the club but don't want the grief for the countless gaffs and excrement decisions, time for you to go and take your benign debt with you.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 75
lew chaterleys lover
February 22, 2018, 7:32pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Pouton4ever

And it would give time for all the venom to dissipate from social media and the web.

I honestly am so confused at how people think personal abuse- and it's more than just the vernon thing- think all those posts insulting slade, fenty- make this club an attractive proposition to any manager worth their salt.

All clubs are the same. You have to take the rough with the smooth. This amount of dissatisfaction is a surprise, but I think people have just had enough.

Yes it will be difficult to attract a decent manager, but I can assure you that is not down to the fans on social media or at the ground(s)

Private Message
Reply: 48 - 75
Grim74
February 22, 2018, 7:35pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Not matter what Fenty does he will always get abuse from these perverse fraggle's, if he had appointed the no-mark from the tin pot league it would of been accepted as a good decision by the majority, (just like Slade) but say we were to get relegated then the vitriol led by the Fenty obsessed CA would swing straight right back his way! He's dammed if he does and dammed if he doesn't.

I would rather give it to wilkinson now anyway a local lad who has done his town proud, maybe it's going to far to say he deserves his chance but he's there now so intercourse it get behind him he's only had one game FFS.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 75
BottesfordMariner
February 22, 2018, 7:36pm

Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Gold Stars: 9
Why Fenty feels the need to continually makes  these video statements.......it's like he cant help himself. Even though he must surely realise he simply winds people up and does nothing to diffuse the situation.

He's not the chairman so why cant we hear from one of the other faceless directors instead. I wonder if any of them have any opinions at all. It is the Fenty show after all.

Re the Vernon issue a simple worded statement would suffice. And whatever you think about the team and Vernon as a player being abusive about his familly is too far and is not acceptable.

Ok the fans need to get behind the team. I agree with that. But by the same token the team need to show some flipping balls and turn up on matchday and get the fans onside by showing some passion and commitment. We are not in this mess because of the fans. A clueless manager and too many players who dont seem overly bothered
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 75
lew chaterleys lover
February 22, 2018, 7:42pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Cloudy

How I heartily agree with that last sentence.

The whole club is gripped by "Fentyitis" which is strangling the club from within. If only he would take an extended break, at the very least and let people start doing what they feel is right for a change. You know what I mean - when the boss goes on holiday at work everything runs much more smoothly, doesn't it?
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 75
Ipswin
February 22, 2018, 7:50pm
Vodka Drinker

How I heartily agree with that last sentence.

The whole club is gripped by "Fentyitis" which is strangling the club

Sadly this board and many other fans are fuelling and causing the progression of the disease. We contributed to the managers dismissal, now lets forget Fenty, ignore him and his daft statements, he won't be playing on Saturday (I hope) and just support the team and Wilkinson

I fancy a win on Saturday BTW

Private Message
Reply: 52 - 75
lew chaterleys lover
February 22, 2018, 7:54pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Ipswin

Sadly this board and many other fans are fuelling and causing the progression of the disease. We contributed to the managers dismissal, now lets forget Fenty, ignore him and his daft statements, he won't be playing on Saturday (I hope) and just support the team and Wilkinson

I think the 12 games without a win or hardly a goal was the cause of Slades demise.
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 75
TAGG
February 22, 2018, 8:01pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,981
Gold Stars: 121
Yet again should have kept his trap shut.

Absolute load of 'dribble'  

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 75
Marinerz93
February 22, 2018, 8:03pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Quoted from Ipswin

The board didn't listen to the fans so the fans haven't contributed Slades dismissal, Fenty stated in the fentygate tape he usually gives a manager 6 straight defeats and no reasonable plan to change it before he pulls the trigger, he let that slip to 12 games because he was mates with him. Even giving him the transfer window to do business when he should have gone well before that. There is no defence for Fenty he has cocked up in a major way this time, does he has form for putting things right, no, and blaming the fans for the players unable to do the basics, remember his words of wisdom to Lincoln, keep out negative and toxic fans to avoid relegation. John doesn't like dissenting voices to his crippling grip on the club, he doesn't want people giving him grief in the ground.

Any player stealing a wage or capitulating during a game, deserves all the grief that comes their way. People are fed up of rallying calls only for the players not to give a shite, it's about time the players delivered something for the fans to cheer about.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 75
thefish
February 22, 2018, 8:20pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -1
Approval: +2,267
Gold Stars: 67
Quoted from headingly_mariner
The bloke who abused Vernon is clearly massively in the wrong and I'm not bothered about vernon's reaction.

Why? What were his exact words/actions? Genuinely curious!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 75
Cloudy
February 22, 2018, 8:21pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from Marinerz93

The board didn't listen to the fans so the fans haven't contributed Slades dismissal, Fenty stated in the fentygate tape he usually gives a manager 6 straight defeats and no reasonable plan to change it before he pulls the trigger, he let that slip to 12 games because he was mates with him. Even giving him the transfer window to do business when he should have gone well before that. There is no defence for Fenty he has cocked up in a major way this time, does he has form for putting things right, no, and blaming the fans for the players unable to do the basics, remember his words of wisdom to Lincoln, keep out negative and toxic fans to avoid relegation. John doesn't like dissenting voices to his crippling grip on the club, he doesn't want people giving him grief in the ground.

Any player stealing a wage or capitulating during a game, deserves all the grief that comes their way. People are fed up of rallying calls only for the players not to give a shite, it's about time the players delivered something for the fans to cheer about.

Agree totally with the first paragraph but I don't actually think the players have shirked their shift. They haven't been very good and now seem riddled with fear but I don't actually think they haven't tried tbh
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 75
Cayman_mariner
February 22, 2018, 8:23pm
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +483
Gold Stars: 3
We're in such a difficult situation at the moment.  We're desperate to get this management situation sorted, and if nothing else a new appointment would give the club a lift, but are definitely paying the price for waiting too long to pull the trigger on RS, which for me is where the fault lies.

Its really not surprising we can't snare any our top choices at the moment. Our club has potential but who in reality is going to want to risk coming in for 12 games, to what is probably the worst team in league football (on current form anyway) to risk their reputation and stock with a team at their lowest ebb of confidence and with their hands tied to be able to bring other players in.

I hope I'm wrong, but suspect we are going to have Wilko in charge for the next few games and surely it would be in our own interests to keep negativity out of BP during the games and try and create a positive atmosphere towards the team - if it helps even in a tiny way to gaining another 3 points surely that's worth it?  

Its not in the interests of making things easier on JF, just anything to help get us over the line to safety as quickly as we can and helping in achieving that for Our Club - not for the board.

If we can get another 10 points and safety the whole situation changes and we become a far more attractive proposition than we are now to potential managers.  It won't change anything with our dissatisfaction with the board and there is plenty of time or other ways to let our feelings known - it doesn't have to be during the game.

Surely in the short term doing anything to generate a positive atmosphere and get behind the team should be paramount - and vent any anger into making BP hostile for the opposition during those 90 minutes.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 75
moosey_club
February 22, 2018, 8:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Its actually just occurred to me what this message could be about....

prospective manager coming to the game on Saturday maybe.....3000 semi happy fans vs 3000 angry fans , which one might help persuade a target this is the club to come to ?

just a thought.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 75
MuddyWaters
February 22, 2018, 8:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from moosey_club
Its actually just occurred to me what this message could be about....

prospective manager coming to the game on Saturday maybe.....3000 semi happy fans vs 3000 angry fans , which one might help persuade a target this is the club to come to ?

just a thought.

Good theory. Though JF did say to direct our anger at the board so that's not terribly positive either.
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 75
RichMariner
February 22, 2018, 8:54pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,109
Gold Stars: 204
John Fenty doesn't know when to talk, and when not to talk.

It's not always about the content of what he says, but how he says it.

He desperately needs someone advising him on PR issues because he's making a right hash of everything.

He needs to be honest with himself - he should know that the fans don't trust or believe in the board, so when the board has something to say, the fans simply aren't going to buy into it.

Rallying cries are best done by one of the few players that the fans are still on good terms with (e.g. McKeown).

Saying there will be no more statements and then making a statement the very next day don't help. Saying you back the manager and then sacking him the next day (Newell) don't help either.

Basically, if you keep doing this stuff over time you'll lose trust (where have we heard that line before?).

Trust in Fenty and the board is at an all time low. That's only one part of the reason why no one likes these video statements. The other reason is that the content of them is rubbish too.

Fenty can plead with the fans all he likes but he seems to forget that, unlike the players (who get paid to be at Blundell Park on match day), we have to pay to be there.

The money we give to the club that gets us our match tickets goes to the players. It's an interesting dynamic. That's why I believe players like Scott Vernon - a professional footballer, let's not forget, really needs to be professional and rise above the vitriol.

Easier said than done, I know, but his actions (no matter what the provocation) has created yet another discussion point that highlights what an utter mess we are in.

Fenty's failed to deal with it appropriately. Players are role models and one of them has let the team down. Fenty owes nothing to Vernon - he's already got a nice two-year contract out of us.

Fenty can ask us to behave, tow the line or whatever, but until he changes his ways it'll continue to fall on deaf ears because absolutely no one has any confidence in him or the board.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 61 - 75
dapperz fun pub
February 22, 2018, 8:59pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from RichMariner
John Fenty doesn't know when to talk, and when not to talk.

It's not always about the content of what he says, but how he says it.

He desperately needs someone advising him on PR issues because he's making a right hash of everything.

He needs to be honest with himself - he should know that the fans don't trust or believe in the board, so when the board has something to say, the fans simply aren't going to buy into it.

Rallying cries are best done by one of the few players that the fans are still on good terms with (e.g. McKeown).

Saying there will be no more statements and then making a statement the very next day don't help. Saying you back the manager and then sacking him the next day (Newell) don't help either.

Basically, if you keep doing this stuff over time you'll lose trust (where have we heard that line before?).

Trust in Fenty and the board is at an all time low. That's only one part of the reason why no one likes these video statements. The other reason is that the content of them is rubbish too.

Fenty can plead with the fans all he likes but he seems to forget that, unlike the players (who get paid to be at Blundell Park on match day), we have to pay to be there.

The money we give to the club that gets us our match tickets goes to the players. It's an interesting dynamic. That's why I believe players like Scott Vernon - a professional footballer, let's not forget, really needs to be professional and rise above the vitriol.

Easier said than done, I know, but his actions (no matter what the provocation) has created yet another discussion point that highlights what an utter mess we are in.

Fenty's failed to deal with it appropriately. Players are role models and one of them has let the team down. Fenty owes nothing to Vernon - he's already got a nice two-year contract out of us.

Fenty can ask us to behave, tow the line or whatever, but until he changes his ways it'll continue to fall on deaf ears because absolutely no one has any confidence in him or the board.

Can’t you approach him and give him some guidance you clearly understand this subject
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 75
Meza
February 22, 2018, 9:04pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,634
Gold Stars: 50
I dont think for one minute JF meant no more statements period he probably meant no more statements on that particular scenario maybe.

I think JF has been forced to come out with additional statements based on fan protest, player abuse, media.  Im sure JF loves a quality statement he's a politician after all 😉

I know onething i dont care how many statements the club come out with im more concerned about other things like 3pts please. 🤗

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 75
moosey_club
February 22, 2018, 9:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Good theory. Though JF did say to direct our anger at the board so that's not terribly positive either.

direct anger at him or the board but away from BP he said

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 75
ginnywings
February 22, 2018, 9:16pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
I watched it, but it wasn't directed at me, because i turn up, game in game out and support the team. I've never booed, jeered, shouted at players or management, ever. What i would like to see is the team getting behind the fans for once, by erm......actually being any good. Most people set off to the game in the hope that it will be a good game of football, some exciting stuff will happen, some goals will be scored and hopefully their team will prevail now and again. They don't set off to the game with the express intention of booing and jeering their own players, management and board of directors. Even the gobsh1tes who can't help themselves will be mostly muted if they don't have too much to complain about.

Unfortunately, game after game, season after season of poor to mediocre fare, on and off the pitch, takes it's toll eventually and even the most patient of fans lose their cool. It's not unique to GTFC and no amount of pleading will change that. Only performances, goals and excitement will.

More action, less talk please.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 75
Meza
February 22, 2018, 9:39pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,634
Gold Stars: 50
I agree with that Ginny

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 75
Mrs Doyle
February 22, 2018, 9:56pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
All this baloney at the end of the day just win a game you will be surprised how many fans we appreciate that and warm to the players.

People don't pay hard earned cash just to see us lose we ALL want to see us win a friggin match and break this cycle.

This "them and us" culture is what is destroying our club.

The players do feel the toxic atmosphere but I hope they realize the fans are the lifeline of this club WE ALL WANT THE SAME THING.

I have no axe whatsoever to grind with any GTFC player believe it or not John and certainly don't need reminding about supporting them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 75
heppy88
February 22, 2018, 10:00pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,069
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from ginnywings
I watched it, but it wasn't directed at me, because i turn up, game in game out and support the team. I've never booed, jeered, shouted at players or management, ever. What i would like to see is the team getting behind the fans for once, by erm......actually being any good. Most people set off to the game in the hope that it will be a good game of football, some exciting stuff will happen, some goals will be scored and hopefully their team will prevail now and again. They don't set off to the game with the express intention of booing and jeering their own players, management and board of directors. Even the gobsh1tes who can't help themselves will be mostly muted if they don't have too much to complain about.

Unfortunately, game after game, season after season of poor to mediocre fare, on and off the pitch, takes it's toll eventually and even the most patient of fans lose their cool. It's not unique to GTFC and no amount of pleading will change that. Only performances, goals and excitement will.

You've hit the nail on the head. I used to be excited about going to the match. Really looked forward to it during the week. Not anymore. I can't "make" myself enjoy the game, the performance. I can't pretend I'm watching a good game of football, if I ain't. Just like I can't pretend the club I care about is being run by a progressive, professional group of men, who have the supporters interests at heart. Because to believe so would mean I am a deluded fool. If I'm angry with what I am seeing, then I'm angry. Why pretend to be otherwise. Speaks volumes that Fenty is now trying to control the behaviour of the fans. This whole sorry saga has gone too far. I'm sure I'm not the only one who is sick to the bone of his mishandling of everything GTFC. He just needs to go.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 75
chaos33
February 22, 2018, 11:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
Quoted from ginnywings

This, absolutely.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 75
ska face
February 22, 2018, 11:36pm

Vodka Drinker
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,360
Gold Stars: 824
It’s absolutely flipping outrageous that he’s taken to blaming THE FANS yet again. It’s unreal.

The bloke’s an absolute space cadet.

FENTY OUT.
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 75
KingstonMariner
February 22, 2018, 11:39pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Meza
I dont think for one minute JF meant no more statements period he probably meant no more statements on that particular scenario maybe.

I think JF has been forced to come out with additional statements based on fan protest, player abuse, media.  Im sure JF loves a quality statement he's a politician after all 😉

I know onething i dont care how many statements the club come out with im more concerned about other things like 3pts please. 🤗

Step one then is not holding hostages to fortune by saying something he doesn't really mean.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 75
KingstonMariner
February 22, 2018, 11:40pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

Can’t you approach him and give him some guidance you clearly understand this subject

It's been done before by at least two posters, and that doesn't include Rich. It fell on deaf ears.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 75
RexFannies
February 23, 2018, 12:33am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +517
Gold Stars: 5
Maybe the players just aren't good enough. Bad players with bad attitudes is not a recipe for success.

The Only Way Is Up
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 73 - 75
Davec
February 23, 2018, 6:52am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
Well as others has said if we get rewarded with a win or atleast some positive stuff then we'll support them. Contrary to what a minority say on here, no fan goes to games hoping we lose so we can scream "told you so" or hurl abuse at players etc, but when we do its the passion talking, of course the fans don't like losing games, what does he expect us to do? Be a happy clapper? I was sat in front of a happy clapper at Cambridge and I thought "he must be some relation to a member of the clubs board"

At the end of the day if we had a team to be proud off then we will turn out in numbers and support them passionately, hopefully our next manager can give us that.

As Belinda Carlisle said, we dream the same dream and we want the same thing.

It's about time more action and less words.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 75
1mickylyons
February 23, 2018, 8:39am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,261
Gold Stars: 54
Think were all fed up of the rallying calls we just want to back our team and see a win.Trouble is for most of us we know what comes out that tunnel isn`t OUR team it`s been destroyed since the FGR victory.This next few Months are the most important in the long history of GTFC we are genuinely clinging to the side of a massive cliff by a single fingernail.Talk is cheap Mr Fenty now show us some action.UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 75
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Fenty’s plea to fans

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.