KingstonMariner
January 5, 2018, 12:37am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from 139914
How many times do we need to cover the same ground before everyone gets ‘the plan’.  Let me simplify:-

1.  The club could and should have been taken into administration years ago, but the main creditor didn’t fancy 5p in the pound of his ‘investment’.
2. If the loans are benign (dormant), why are they secured against the clubs assets?
3.  If the loans are benign, how come £200k was paid back last year when other non-benign debts remained outstanding?

As a question, who authorised repayment of the £200k?  Did the Uber powerful trust board member endorse?

Time you all woke up and faced facts.  The non-chairman’s plan is simple, run the club on an absolute shoestring, each time fortune strikes he takes a bit back.  There will be no investment while he retains control, there will be no ambition while he retains control.  The only thing that’s benign is the club.

I vowed never to set foot in BP again while he remains in charge, if you want to get rid then consider doing the same.  Feed the cancer (with your hard earned cash) and he won’t leave until he’s had his ‘investment’ repaid in full.

I have no time for egotistical megalomaniacs.  The club isn’t dead but it might as well be!

The highlighted bit is a very good point.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 100
pen penfras
January 5, 2018, 7:18am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -126
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from 139914
How many times do we need to cover the same ground before everyone gets ‘the plan’.  Let me simplify:-

1.  The club could and should have been taken into administration years ago, but the main creditor didn’t fancy 5p in the pound of his ‘investment’.
2.  If the loans are benign (dormant), why are they secured against the clubs assets?
3.  If the loans are benign, how come £200k was paid back last year when other non-benign debts remained outstanding?

As a question, who authorised repayment of the £200k?  Did the Uber powerful trust board member endorse?

Time you all woke up and faced facts.  The non-chairman’s plan is simple, run the club on an absolute shoestring, each time fortune strikes he takes a bit back.  There will be no investment while he retains control, there will be no ambition while he retains control.  The only thing that’s benign is the club.

I vowed never to set foot in BP again while he remains in charge, if you want to get rid then consider doing the same.  Feed the cancer (with your hard earned cash) and he won’t leave until he’s had his ‘investment’ repaid in full.

I have no time for egotistical megalomaniacs.  The club isn’t dead but it might as well be!

I don't really understand how you on one hand criticise for having loans that have no repayment schedule, therefore don't affect the playing budget, and on the other hand criticise that the budget is too small even though we budget to break even or lose a small amount of money as mentioned earlier in the thread. Increasing the budget would mean increasing the loan debt and then there'd be more complaining.

Sure, a higher budget might bring more success on the field which in turn brings in more fans and money, but that is no way guaranteed. Looking back, you can see large losses in unsuccessful seasons which must have meant a high budget.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 100
MuddyWaters
January 5, 2018, 7:31am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,242
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from pen penfras

I don't really understand how you on one hand criticise for having loans that have no repayment schedule, therefore don't affect the playing budget, and on the other hand criticise that the budget is too small even though we budget to break even or lose a small amount of money as mentioned earlier in the thread. Increasing the budget would mean increasing the loan debt and then there'd be more complaining.

Sure, a higher budget might bring more success on the field which in turn brings in more fans and money, but that is no way guaranteed. Looking back, you can see large losses in unsuccessful seasons which must have meant a high budget.

In seasons where we signed journeymen such as Sweeney, Conlon et al - bit like Hooper & Dixon.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 100
HertsGTFC
January 5, 2018, 7:43am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from MuddyWaters

The thread title is fairly clear so I'm struggling to know why you would look at it if you don't like it?

Though relevant It has to be recognized that this is going over old ground in reality.

Maybe Marinez should just cut through the periphery and ask getyourfactstraight? od should he now be know as debtyourfactsstraight  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 100
MuddyWaters
January 5, 2018, 7:51am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,242
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Though relevant It has to be recognized that this is going over old ground in reality.

Maybe Marinez should just cut through the periphery and ask getyourfactstraight? od should he now be know as debtyourfactsstraight  

I thought it was getyourfactsright (GYFR)! This thread should have been titled debtyourfactsright.

I agree it's going over old ground but the facts have changed a little since the publication of the last set of accounts.
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 100
HertsGTFC
January 5, 2018, 7:56am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I thought it was getyourfactsright (GYFR)! This thread should have been titled debtyourfactsright.

I agree it's going over old ground but the facts have changed a little since the publication of the last set of accounts.

Like you say in reality the shares are only worth the value the seller places on them rather than a quoted figure, JF has an interest to attach a price to these "magic beans".  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 100
January 5, 2018, 7:59am
Guest User
Quoted from pen penfras

Or poor management perhaps?
Reply: 26 - 100
mirrorballman
January 5, 2018, 9:22am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +552
Gold Stars: 8
One thing that puzzles me is that when JF puts cash into the club, it's a loan. However, the trust put money in and it goes into a black hole. They don't even get shares in return.

Also, if I won the lottery, I'd buy Town and expect to lose millions in the process. Anyone putting money into Town or any debt ridden lower league club, would know it's not an investment, it's basically just burning your cash. JF expecting to get his money back is a joke. Using it to hold us to ransom is really poor form, particularly when his mis-management cost us millions by being out of the league.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 100
Ipswin
January 5, 2018, 11:08am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from HertsGTFC

No point in sending him a PM you will just get abuse if he can't / won't answer your questions

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 100
Marinerz93
January 5, 2018, 11:39am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I've had a few chats via pm messaging which I have kept off here and all he says basically it's my opinion and to stop going over old ground, the old ground stuff that hasn't been cleared up by the way just forgotten or buried. He won't answer anything that will portray him in a bad light or put the spotlight on how he has managed things.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 100
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The benign debt

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.