Reply: 10 - 100
Bigdog
January 4, 2018, 9:24pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
What an incredibly benevolent gesture it would be if he kindly wrote the loan amount off..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 100
TheRealJohnLewis
January 4, 2018, 9:30pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from Bigdog
What an incredibly benevolent gesture it would be if he kindly wrote the loan amount off..

Only the rich get handouts from Tories.

Private Message
Reply: 12 - 100
Biccys
January 4, 2018, 9:35pm
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
I agree with that. It would. But also understand why he doesn't. Bottom line is, that loan is there as a loan that will EVENTUALLY be paid back in time. Whether it's in the next 1, 2 5 or 10 years isn't an issue. There's no interest accruing, there's no annual repayment taking away from our meagre playing budget. I don't believe John thinks the loan is putting anyone off investing or buying the club, just that nobody has at the moment. They will, eventually I'm sure. If it takes for John to walk away to do that i think we'll be waiting a while. He's not gonna be around forever but he's here for now.

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 13 - 100
MuddyWaters
January 4, 2018, 9:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,240
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Biccys
I agree with that. It would. But also understand why he doesn't. Bottom line is, that loan is there as a loan that will EVENTUALLY be paid back in time. Whether it's in the next 1, 2 5 or 10 years isn't an issue. There's no interest accruing, there's no annual repayment taking away from our meagre playing budget. I don't believe John thinks the loan is putting anyone off investing or buying the club, just that nobody has at the moment. They will, eventually I'm sure. If it takes for John to walk away to do that i think we'll be waiting a while. He's not gonna be around forever but he's here for now.

I don't think for a minute he'll write it off, I don't think for a minute it makes the club a worthwhile investment and I don't think he understands for a nanosecond how many fans are pi$$ed off with the way the club is run/the poor matchday experience/the devalued product/being taken for granted.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 100
TheRealJohnLewis
January 4, 2018, 9:47pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from Biccys

No fixed repayment plan, but he is slowly paying it back, £200k paid off in the last year's accounts.

Private Message
Reply: 15 - 100
Biccys
January 4, 2018, 9:54pm
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis

No fixed repayment plan, but he is slowly paying it back, £200k paid off in the last year's accounts.

Sadly not. That 200k was from a previous, non benign loan.....

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 16 - 100
TheRealJohnLewis
January 4, 2018, 10:03pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from Biccys

Sadly not. That 200k was from a previous, non benign loan.....

The way I've read it was 313k was paid off of bank loans and 209K of directors loans was paid, and as Fenty is the only one with loans it was his loan that was repaid.  

Pg 13  http://www.extra-gtfc.co.uk/accounts2/accounts/GTFC%20Accounts%202017.pdf

Private Message
Reply: 17 - 100
Cambs Mariner
January 4, 2018, 11:05pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +1,233
Quoted from 139914
How many times do we need to cover the same ground before everyone gets ‘the plan’.  Let me simplify:-

1.  The club could and should have been taken into administration years ago, but the main creditor didn’t fancy 5p in the pound of his ‘investment’.
2.  If the loans are benign (dormant), why are they secured against the clubs assets?
3.  If the loans are benign, how come £200k was paid back last year when other non-benign debts remained outstanding?

As a question, who authorised repayment of the £200k?  Did the Uber powerful trust board member endorse?

Time you all woke up and faced facts.  The non-chairman’s plan is simple, run the club on an absolute shoestring, each time fortune strikes he takes a bit back.  There will be no investment while he retains control, there will be no ambition while he retains control.  The only thing that’s benign is the club.

I vowed never to set foot in BP again while he remains in charge, if you want to get rid then consider doing the same.  Feed the cancer (with your hard earned cash) and he won’t leave until he’s had his ‘investment’ repaid in full.

I have no time for egotistical megalomaniacs.  The club isn’t dead but it might as well be!

Dembele. Osborne and Jones are the only assets left and they look  like they may be on their way. With his fixed loans he owns Blundell Park and could make some of his money back with a new housing venture. In my opinion he has realised the new stadium isn't going to happen within the near future. He knew the appointment of Slade would divide the fans. He divided it further with the fans forum and then got rid of Kristine. In my opinion he is trying to drive the club down to a level where it is unattractive to purchase (allegedly).
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 100
promotion plaice
January 4, 2018, 11:07pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from Cambs Mariner

Dembele. Osborne and Jones are the only assets left and they look  like they may be on their way. With his fixed loans he owns Blundell Park and could make some of his money back with a new housing venture. In my opinion he has realised the new stadium isn't going to happen within the near future. He knew the appointment of Slade would divide the fans. He divided it further with the fans forum and then got rid of Kristine. In my opinion he is trying to drive the club down to a level where it is unattractive to purchase (allegedly).

Makes sense  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 100
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The benign debt

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.