10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
hampshiremariner
December 3, 2017, 9:07pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,056
Gold Stars: 35
I find it truly alarming that there are comments on here favouring going into administration and coming out the other side as several clubs have done. That, to me, is asking for even more trouble. So we can be like Hereford, for example? Not only that but when Portsmouth went into admin several ordinary hard working tradesmen who had done work at Fratton Park were cheated out of what they were rightly owed. Immoral and unethical in my book.
All of this is de-stabilisng the club and does no one any good at all. I want a club that is playing at a decent level, at least Championship, so that the threat of non-league football is banished. I don't want to be on a downward slope ever again -it is miserable, even from 220 miles away. Look at York City and Stockport? Once  you are in the mire down there it is tough to get out because there are a lot of ambitious little clubs who will kick you into submission on paddy fields.
Please let's concentrate on the playing side so we can get further up the table and into the play -off positions if possible.
I find it ironic that people used to rubbish players such as Gally. Well, we would all like to be back playing at the level he played in the early 2000s and, relatively speaking, he was a decent player.  Don't drag the club into anymore controversy, please.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 94
MuddyWaters
December 3, 2017, 9:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from hampshiremariner
I find it truly alarming that there are comments on here favouring going into administration and coming out the other side as several clubs have done. That, to me, is asking for even more trouble. So we can be like Hereford, for example? Not only that but when Portsmouth went into admin several ordinary hard working tradesmen who had done work at Fratton Park were cheated out of what they were rightly owed. Immoral and unethical in my book.
All of this is de-stabilisng the club and does no one any good at all. I want a club that is playing at a decent level, at least Championship, so that the threat of non-league football is banished. I don't want to be on a downward slope ever again -it is miserable, even from 220 miles away. Look at York City and Stockport? Once  you are in the mire down there it is tough to get out because there are a lot of ambitious little clubs who will kick you into submission on paddy fields.
Please let's concentrate on the playing side so we can get further up the table and into the play -off positions if possible.
I find it ironic that people used to rubbish players such as Gally. Well, we would all like to be back playing at the level he played in the early 2000s and, relatively speaking, he was a decent player.  Don't drag the club into anymore controversy, please.

Well, according to our leader, our time in the Championship made us expect too much. Maybe he would be happier being the big fish in the little pond?
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 94
headingly_mariner
December 3, 2017, 9:27pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113

I don't think anyone would favour going into administration.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 94
dapperz fun pub
December 3, 2017, 9:44pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82

ive been on the urine with gally a couple of  times when hes had a game the next day , anyone who says gally didn't take the urine out of  gtfc clearly didn't know him , but having said that I liked him as a player and a bloke ......port and lemon anyone
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 94
lew chaterleys lover
December 3, 2017, 10:18pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236

Everything in life is a gamble. You sound like you want the status quo for ever and a day just in case we ever make a wrong move sometime in the future.

I think what we want is new investment to give us fresh impetus. We cannot attract said investment whilst Fenty is at the club so we are at an impasse. However, something has got to give at some time, unless Mr. Fenty is expecting to get to retirement age still being the non chairman.
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 94
Marinerz93
December 3, 2017, 10:36pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from TAGG

If he walked away go into admin. Other clubs have done it and come out the other side.

Lots of journos make intercourse ups and I know none will apologise but to be ambushed and set upon like he was was way way out of order.

What happened to JF's post regarding the quote above, has JF been banned or did he think once, twice and then removed what he said?

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 94
lew chaterleys lover
December 3, 2017, 10:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Marinerz93

What happened to JF's post regarding the quote above, has JF been banned or did he think once, twice and then removed what he said?

I saw it - it was there for a split second. Had second thoughts obviously but it ended with "suck it up" or something similar!
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 94
lew chaterleys lover
December 3, 2017, 10:40pm
Vodka Drinker

I saw it - it was there for a split second. Had second thoughts obviously but it ended with "suck it up" or something similar!

No that is unfair - it ended with him saying no wonder Russ got wound up or something like that. It was only there a fraction of a second though.
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 94
Marinerz93
December 3, 2017, 10:41pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1

No that is unfair - it ended with him saying no wonder Russ got wound up or something like that. It was only there a fraction of a second though.

It ended with, so leave it

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 94
Getyourfactsright
December 3, 2017, 10:45pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +19 / -26
Approval: +196
Gold Stars: 47

Was meant to be a PM not a post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any chance of giving it a rest now guys and getting behind the team.

In the meantime if you find anyone with a few quid to run the club for you, do send them along.

Private Message
Reply: 39 - 94
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Anomaly - The Matt Dean thing

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.