TAGG
December 2, 2017, 9:45pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,981
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from HertsGTFC

So I asked in the week if he walked away tomorrow and you got your wish who would come in? Whats the alternative?  Even if he didn't want his £2 million back taking on Town is a massive challenge.

BTW I think the Matt Dean thing is getting boring and we should draw a line, my opinion not shared by many I'm sure. I now read posts about JF and use the filter of "is that disgruntlement or vendetta" some of the stuff I read makes me wonder.

Journo puts out story - story proves to be incorrect - club officials get p1ssed`off in public - journo "can't name reliable source" - club likes Journo a bit later when they have something to crow about or promote..................... not exactly a new phenomenon is it?

If he walked away go into admin. Other clubs have done it and come out the other side.

Lots of journos make intercourse ups and I know none will apologise but to be ambushed and set upon like he was was way way out of order.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 94
RichMariner
December 3, 2017, 12:10am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,109
Gold Stars: 204
There are a whole load of anomalies in everything Fenty does. Nothing stacks up because he only tells us what he chooses to tell us. He has a track record of making mostly bad decisions, and it's because of this that us fans are putting him under the microscope more than ever.

Don't blame us for wanting to know the ins and outs of everything. This is our club; our community; our town. We're proud of it, and we want to take care of it.

We know he makes decisions. But what we never see are the reasons behind those decisions. This is where he needs to get much better.

He appointed Extreme to build our new ground. Fine. But what have they got, or done, that gives him the confidence they'll do a good job? Because, having never built a project like this before, they don't give me, or many other fans, confidence.

What did they say that won him over and made him think, these guys are for us!

I understand he doesn't have the time to give us specifics, but he's got to get much better at explaining why he makes certain decisions without getting angry, defensive or turning it into a personal attack on someone who upset him a while back.

That's all we're asking for. It really isn't that much.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 21 - 94
Cloudy
December 3, 2017, 8:53am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
I don't doubt that JF believes the decisions he makes are 100% correct at the time.

The issue I have is that any question or slightest criticism is taken as a personal attack and he then goes on the offensive. If you operate like that then you are clearly going to drive a wedge and cause splits with the 'customer' base.

I hold out no hope for a change anytime soon.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 94
HertsGTFC
December 3, 2017, 11:03am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,630
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from TAGG

If he walked away go into admin. Other clubs have done it and come out the other side.

Lots of journos make intercourse ups and I know none will apologise but to be ambushed and set upon like he was was way way out of order.

The suggestion that to get rid  of JF and we go into administration is possibly the craziest thing I have seen posted on here in a long long time. The last thing we want to do is go into administration, ironically the only person who could send us in that direction is JF as he is the major creditor with his £2 million loans. If any supporter is willing to pay the price of going into administration just to see the back of JF that is very, very bloody minded at best and borders on a vendetta.

Going into administration is not a nice intensive care process where you come out the other side in better health it is a process to sell a business as a going concern only if it can trade it's way out of trouble and I would suggest if we had a £2 million debt to pay it would be curtains. With an administrator there is absolutely zero sentiment there what they do is sell off your assets (players first) to service the debt, then when the players have gone they'll just keep selling things.....anything right down to the toilet seats they think they have value. Remeber you do not make the decisions if those people come in. Administration usually results on liquidation.

You also get a 12 point deduction so effectively you are left with a poor squad as all the best players get sold and your 12 points behind, fast track to the National League that IMHO after all that time trying to get out of it is that a price you would really pay, do you really hate one person that much?

The other alternative is that the club could not find a buyer or there is no way to trade it's way out of trouble and we become a "phoenix club" like Hereford and a few others. That would mean we start right at the foot of the pyramid, not the National League North but the kind of level Grimsby Borough & Cleethorpes Town play at, worth thinking again?    

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 94
Marinerz93
December 3, 2017, 11:58am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Cloudy
I don't doubt that JF believes the decisions he makes are 100% correct at the time.

The issue I have is that any question or slightest criticism is taken as a personal attack and he then goes on the offensive. If you operate like that then you are clearly going to drive a wedge and cause splits with the 'customer' base.

I hold out no hope for a change anytime soon.

Well put, plus bad advice from his yes men.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 94
headingly_mariner
December 3, 2017, 8:02pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from HertsGTFC

The suggestion that to get rid  of JF and we go into administration is possibly the craziest thing I have seen posted on here in a long long time. The last thing we want to do is go into administration, ironically the only person who could send us in that direction is JF as he is the major creditor with his £2 million loans. If any supporter is willing to pay the price of going into administration just to see the back of JF that is very, very bloody minded at best and borders on a vendetta.

Going into administration is not a nice intensive care process where you come out the other side in better health it is a process to sell a business as a going concern only if it can trade it's way out of trouble and I would suggest if we had a £2 million debt to pay it would be curtains. With an administrator there is absolutely zero sentiment there what they do is sell off your assets (players first) to service the debt, then when the players have gone they'll just keep selling things.....anything right down to the toilet seats they think they have value. Remeber you do not make the decisions if those people come in. Administration usually results on liquidation.

You also get a 12 point deduction so effectively you are left with a poor squad as all the best players get sold and your 12 points behind, fast track to the National League that IMHO after all that time trying to get out of it is that a price you would really pay, do you really hate one person that much?

The other alternative is that the club could not find a buyer or there is no way to trade it's way out of trouble and we become a "phoenix club" like Hereford and a few others. That would mean we start right at the foot of the pyramid, not the National League North but the kind of level Grimsby Borough & Cleethorpes Town play at, worth thinking again?    

You've given all the reasons we won't go into admin. As you say our only debtor wont get his money back if we go into administration.

If you look at the supporter run clubs that have had to start again, they have a a unity around common goals for the club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 94
HertsGTFC
December 3, 2017, 8:12pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from headingly_mariner

You've given all the reasons we won't go into admin. As you say our only debtor wont get his money back if we go into administration.

If you look at the supporter run clubs that have had to start again, they have a a unity around common goals for the club.

Yes they do have unity but the search for unity at the moment should start with mediation and then on to collaboration and not in the hands of an administrator.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 94
headingly_mariner
December 3, 2017, 8:22pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Yes they do have unity but the search for unity at the moment should start with mediation and then on to collaboration and not in the hands of an administrator.  

I agree, but when you look at recent attempts to bring the club and fans closer together we have seen the situation get worse and not better. Look at the fans forum and the 15 minute video, both chances to reach out to the fan base, both opportunities missed through finger pointing, stubbornness and fan blaming.
No damage is irreparable, the problem is that those who could repair it through change don't display the ability or intention to do so.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 94
HertsGTFC
December 3, 2017, 8:33pm

Barley Wine Drinker

I agree, but when you look at recent attempts to bring the club and fans closer together we have seen the situation get worse and not better. Look at the fans forum and the 15 minute video, both chances to reach out to the fan base, both opportunities missed through finger pointing, stubbornness and fan blaming.
No damage is irreparable, the problem is that those who could repair it through change don't display the ability or intention to do so.

I could not agree more TBH, sad state of affairs.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 94
MuddyWaters
December 3, 2017, 8:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230

I know I'm not comparing like with like but, whilst the racing was on this afternoon, someone interviewed Michael O'Leary (Ryanair) and asked him, amongst other things, about the problems at Ryanair. His reply (not word for word) went along the lines of ' Things are getting sorted but sometimes you need to screw up to remind yourself that your only human after all. We got it wrong and humility is a wonderful thing'

There's a lesson there somewhere.
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 94
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Anomaly - The Matt Dean thing

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.