Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › FAO Getyourfactsright
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 253 Guests

FAO Getyourfactsright

This thread currently has 28,320 views. Print
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
grimsby pete
September 11, 2017, 5:58pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
What a different world it would be if,

Parker had stayed and Fenty had gone.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 210
MuddyWaters
September 11, 2017, 6:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,242
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from grimsby pete
What a different world it would be if,

Parker had stayed and Fenty had gone.

Who knows Pete?
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 210
crusty ole pie
September 11, 2017, 6:04pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,327
Gold Stars: 66
Quoted from MuddyWaters
As this thread is aimed for the attention of Mr Fenty, I would like to ask a question.

Is there any aspect of the club, on the pitch or off the pitch, that you feel has improved while you have been in charge?

Front lawn looks nice
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 210
MuddyWaters
September 11, 2017, 6:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,242
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from crusty ole pie

Front lawn looks nice

Probably covered in dogshit!
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 210
Marinerz93
September 11, 2017, 6:11pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Maringer

I don't deny Parker spent/lost a good amount of money. Just pointing out that he didn't want to go the whole hog and take charge. Again, this is fair enough.

Thus far, Fenty is the one who put his money where his mouth is (albeit mostly as 'benign loans'), so that's the current ownership situation and that's where we stand for the foreseeable future.

I've got a car, the type you've always wanted and you can buy it at book price. However, since I failed to maintain it and bodged certain jobs I had to take loans out to put things right, that'll cost £3 million on top, still want to buy that car.

The Benign loans are for Fenty to burden not the club, it was his mistakes and cheap options that put the club neck deep in excrement, why would any one want to pay him back that sort of money for his cockups?

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 210
pizzzza
September 11, 2017, 6:13pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Can't believe we have got to page 10 and still not been able to goad a response from Getyourfactsright.

C'mon John, have you forgotten your Fishy password?  
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 210
Marinerz93
September 11, 2017, 6:15pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from barralad

Ok I'll bite! If The Trust were running the club they'd be running it without me. There would be an obvious need to recruit people with far more experience and business acumen than our current group of very well-meaning amateurs.
The share offer was made around the time of the relaunch of the Trust. At no time was it communicated that we should use the shares to "Go it alone" as far as I'm aware. We were in no position whatsover to run a professional football club-neither did we have sufficient shares to enable it to happen. We must have been over this a hundred times but the decision to make the shares over to J.F. was made by the membership in a vote. The fact that J.F. threatened to sell players may have influenced that decision but it was what it was. As far as I'm aware Mr Parker retains a significant shareholding in GTFC.

He did indeed threaten to sell Hearn and also withhold payments matching Parker. Also isn't it very strange that Fenty also put a block on the trust accepting any more shares from Parker.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 210
lew chaterleys lover
September 11, 2017, 6:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,712
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Marinerz93

I've got a car, the type you've always wanted and you can buy it at book price. However, since I failed to maintain it and bodged certain jobs I had to take loans out to put things right, that'll cost £3 million on top, still want to buy that car.

The Benign loans are for Fenty to burden not the club, it was his mistakes and cheap options that put the club neck deep in excrement, why would any one want to pay him back that sort of money for his cockups?

Nobody is the answer. He presumably wants his money back which can only happen if and when the new stadium is built? If that suffers a setback he has a big decision to make.

Private Message
Reply: 97 - 210
grimsby pete
September 11, 2017, 6:26pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
Another thing if it was not Fenty in charge I bet we would have been in our new stadium years ago,

He rubs other councillors up the wrong way so they get their own back by stalling his plans at every opportunity.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 210
Bigdog
September 11, 2017, 7:29pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from moosey_club

Until we get to a potential suitable takeover scenario then guessing, accusing and supposing what JF will do is pointless and moral sapping.  

That leaves any anti JF movement with a couple of realistic options;

Approach JF through the trust, or directly, to find out what sort of package he would require to pass over his control in the club......then either.....

Set up an independent consortium, seek your own outside investment, raise the capital to initially buy and then run the club to a financial footing at least equal to what we have now....
Or
work with JF to promote the club to potential investor markets aiding JF either secure greater funding to improve our financial picture or to completely sell out.

This section of Moosey's post is the only blueprint fans have got to instigate change. It's written in the club's accounts that the directors have a duty to attract inward investment to improve the club's financial position.

And as Barra said of the Trust "There would be an obvious need to recruit people with far more experience and business acumen than our current group of very well-meaning amateurs."

Pretty much everything else on this thread is a sounding board of moans or opinions of what has gone on in the past or frets about our current position.

The burning question is, has anyone got the greater desire to do something about it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 210
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › FAO Getyourfactsright

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.