Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › FAO Getyourfactsright
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 136 Guests

FAO Getyourfactsright

This thread currently has 28,150 views. Print
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
September 10, 2017, 6:58pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from RichMariner
Turn the clock back and give Paul Hurst his strength and conditioning coach, or whatever else he was asking for in an effort to take this club forward. I refuse to believe that any of his demands were unreasonable.

He's been the only manager during the last 20 years that has brought any success to this town. You should've just backed him and not listened to the small number of whinging fans who didn't like him because he supposedly never praised us, or sounded dour, or was from Yorkshire, etc.

He got us promoted. He signed the best asset we've had since Ryan Bennett. He proved himself. He'd have proven himself again in League 2 had we just believed in him (which we had no problem doing in the National League, funnily enough, when patience was at a premium).

I think you're grossly misrepresenting people's opposition to Paul Hurst as manager. And misrepresenting the number.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 210
KingstonMariner
September 10, 2017, 7:02pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from HackneyHaddock

From what I gleaned from previous fans' forums, I think he believes he can wait for an offer and either be bought out or hand the club over in return for some investment meaning he can recoup some of his money later if there's some "football fortune" (huuuuge transfer, cup run, Sheikh/Oligarch buy-out etc).

I think JF is being wildly optimistic in holding out for some "football fortune" and if he wants to ensure a good legacy, should look at removing himself from the scene, either by triggering an automatic "benign loan write-off" or some sort of debt-into-equity conversion in the event of a takeover, or by just entrusting the football club to the people of Grimsby by cancelling his loans (subject to accountants/tax considerations) and walking away completely, paving the way for others.

I suspect the exit plan is linked to getting the new stadium built. The theory is that will provide us with the infrastructure to grow as a club and increase revenues.

That looks like a long shot ("it's all gone quiet over there") and looks like the act of a race horse owner gambling that his next winner will solve his problem.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 210
lukeo
September 10, 2017, 7:23pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,304
Gold Stars: 134
Genuine question, what would it take for gtfc fans to take over the club? Exeter is fan and family run and runs very successfully. Genuine question, if it's a rediculous amount fair enough, but look what we did for Operation Promotion.. If Fenty was willing to give us a good price to step aside I'm sure we'd raise massive amount because we're mental like that!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 210
Swansea_Mariner
September 10, 2017, 7:31pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,387
Gold Stars: 62
Quoted from lukeo
Genuine question, what would it take for gtfc fans to take over the club? Exeter is fan and family run and runs very successfully. Genuine question, if it's a rediculous amount fair enough, but look what we did for Operation Promotion.. If Fenty was willing to give us a good price to step aside I'm sure we'd raise massive amount because we're mental like that!!

Well I'd wager the cost is that of the value of the benign loans, did someone say 4.1m. We should get a discount for the shares that were given away though! 😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 210
Badger57
September 10, 2017, 7:34pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,902
Gold Stars: 30
There seems to be a lot of one red crosses here, Hi John, feeling the love?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 210
Cloudy
September 10, 2017, 7:50pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from HackneyHaddock

From what I gleaned from previous fans' forums, I think he believes he can wait for an offer and either be bought out or hand the club over in return for some investment meaning he can recoup some of his money later if there's some "football fortune" (huuuuge transfer, cup run, Sheikh/Oligarch buy-out etc).

I think JF is being wildly optimistic in holding out for some "football fortune" and if he wants to ensure a good legacy, should look at removing himself from the scene, either by triggering an automatic "benign loan write-off" or some sort of debt-into-equity conversion in the event of a takeover, or by just entrusting the football club to the people of Grimsby by cancelling his loans (subject to accountants/tax considerations) and walking away completely, paving the way for others.

It certainly shows twisted thinking imho.

If you wanted or even depended on football fortune then you can either cross your fingers or try and do something to bring it about.

After OP the fans were buoyant and all it took was for Fenty and say Mullen to make a little investment on the basis of speculate to accumulate.

The figures are largely irrelevant but let's say the playing budget was going to be £1m. If The two directors put in say £150k each that would have made it far easier to get the 3 or 4 top quality players in to give it a real go. ( We all saw that last season the League was not fantastic and we could have made at least the play offs)

Once you have secured your signings you go public, saying what you have done and then you want the fans to get behind the plan. It would have instantly boosted gate revenue and if the right players were chosen would be self financing.

Just think what an honest and open approach may do for moral and additional support.

Worst case scenario is it doesn't work and you fall short but I bet some of the additional income would offset the investment.

There will be lots of other ideas which are worth considering but just to cut cut and cut some more squeezes the life out of the club.

We had a brilliant chance to use the momentum of promotion instead JF quickly jumped on the sparks of enthusiasm with his ultra cautious outlook
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 210
chaos33
September 10, 2017, 9:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
I'd just like to say, that as pathetic as the gutless hoofball we are currently playing, is the sound of those harping on about Hurst and how we should have believed in him, or the conspiracy to oust progressive top coach of tomorrow Marcus Bignot. There are about four threads full of a load of f***ing cobblers about this and other related guff. Some people have got very short memories and the ability to change their tune because they're unhappy or frustrated. I'd say about 80% of Town fans were sick to death of Hurst about a year before he finally cupped his ears then sneakily nicked off. And Bignot? This board was filled with post after post trying to fathom what the hell he was trying to do and infuriated by his verbal blather. Now all of a sudden, we didn't mean it, some people are pretending they never posted what they did at the time (have a look back some of you) and these men have been squandered by the club. Give over!

We should roll our sleeves up and f***ing get on with it, and that goes for the players too. What's done is done. Whining on and on about the past or the major shareholder - demanding he come on here and explain himself! As if anything he could say could make it better! Let's get 10-15 games under our belt, and if things haven't improved, then decisions will pretty much make themselves anyway. Get a good result Tuesday night, and win at home next Saturday and the end won't quite be nigh will it. If only we'd believed old sniffer Doig eh! What have we done?! FFS.

UTM

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 210
TheRealJohnLewis
September 10, 2017, 9:36pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
According to last year's accounts, year ending May 16, directors loans equal £2,209,700 and Fenty's shares amount to £975,000, which means you need just under £3.2 million to get rid, unless, I have missed something in the accounts.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/00034760/filing-history
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 210
MuddyWaters
September 10, 2017, 9:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis
According to last year's accounts, year ending May 16, directors loans equal £2,209,700 and Fenty's shares amount to £975,000, which means you need just under £3.2 million to get rid, unless, I have missed something in the accounts.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/00034760/filing-history

I think you may have gotyourfactsright
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 210
TheRealJohnLewis
September 10, 2017, 9:48pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
It'll be interesting come November trying to dissect the accounts to see where the Bogle money went.
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 210
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › FAO Getyourfactsright

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.