Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › FAO Getyourfactsright
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 295 Guests

FAO Getyourfactsright

This thread currently has 28,283 views. Print
22 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next All Recommend Thread
Swansea_Mariner
September 12, 2017, 8:25am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,430
Gold Stars: 63
[quote][/quote]
Quoted from lukeo
Still think we should seriously consider looking into fan ownership, to see what it entails and how much it'll cost to buy him out and then see the books to see if it's doable on a year to year basis etc

Do you know I think it probably would be possible to cobble together a fan led consortium that could underpin the budget each year. The big problem is raising the 3m to pay off the loans to enable control.

That's a big sum, far to big for us to ever be able to raise Imho.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 130 - 210
Cloudy
September 12, 2017, 8:35am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from grimps

Good idea , its just a shame that our fans trust foolishly gave him all their shares

Given the situation threat at the time I can see why the members of The Trust voted the way they did. I would also add that one of the conditions which seems to be forgotten was that JF had to buy a further £200k(?) worth of shares as a condition. This in effect gave the club a cash injection to keep the wolf from the door and stopped any possibility of selling Liam Hearn. Hindsight is a wonderful thing  
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 210
barralad
September 12, 2017, 9:02am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,267
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from grimps

Good idea , its just a shame that our fans trust foolishly gave him all their shares

The Mariners Trust retains a significant shareholding in GTFC.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 210
realist
September 12, 2017, 9:13am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,689
Gold Stars: 41
The time is right for Fenty to go. He has done nothing for this club. He clings on to his benign loans so he can control his little empire, but doesn't have the balls to call himself chairman.
The club started to die when he took over, and the way he continues to run it will see it in intensive care very soon.

FENTY OUT
FENTY OUT
FENTY OUT
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 210
RichMariner
September 12, 2017, 11:01am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,134
Gold Stars: 209
I simply want to watch GTFC compete at the highest possible standard without jeopardising our future.

Unfortunately, our future always seems to be in doubt because we have a majority shareholder who has proven, over the last 15 years or so, that he makes mostly bad decisions.

I thought, with the patience he afforded PH while trying to get back into the FL, he may have learnt something. But these last 12 months have proved that he hasn't learnt a thing.

Hand on heart, I can't see us ever progressing from where we are now. This is our level. I don't want it to be, but we've been here or lower since 2004 and I'm struggling to see how, looking at the way we're being run, that is ever likely to change under the current regime.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 134 - 210
TAGG
September 12, 2017, 11:06am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,961
Gold Stars: 124
Any loans that are owed by the club to Fenty should be wiped out because of all the fuckups he has made over the years so it gives a more or less clean sheet for anyone/consortium to come in and try to sort this excrement out.
Im not one of those that say"if not Fenty then who"
There is a big wide world out there filled with money people wanting to get there foot in the door of English football.

Here is one from just up the road 😤😤😤
httop://www.biznews.com/undictated/2017/04/26/clive-nates-english-soccer/

FENTY OUT

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 135 - 210
MuddyWaters
September 12, 2017, 11:33am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from RichMariner
I simply want to watch GTFC compete at the highest possible standard without jeopardising our future.

Unfortunately, our future always seems to be in doubt because we have a majority shareholder who has proven, over the last 15 years or so, that he makes mostly bad decisions.

I thought, with the patience he afforded PH while trying to get back into the FL, he may have learnt something. But these last 12 months have proved that he hasn't learnt a thing.

Hand on heart, I can't see us ever progressing from where we are now. This is our level. I don't want it to be, but we've been here or lower since 2004 and I'm struggling to see how, looking at the way we're being run, that is ever likely to change under the current regime.

Nail hit squarely on head. Great post.
Private Message
Reply: 136 - 210
Grimsby69
September 12, 2017, 11:46am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +16
Both Exeter/Wimbledon Trust raise approximately £150,000 per year with 60% going to the clubs.  Both of these are within wealthy areas.

Grimsby the last three years of Non/League Grimsby had an average income 2.1 Million including 3 Wembley games.

During that period expenditure was approximately 2.2 Million loss of £100,000

Income from Gate Receipts & Retailing/Merchandise is only 62% approximately (£1.3 Million) - wages as an average over the last three years have been £1.6 million (73% of total expenditure)

No account have been produced for last season these are normally around October but I would imagine that income will be up about £600k (excluding Bogle sale) but costs will have increased in line with the additional money. So I would imagine a £500-600k surplus including transfer income.

Going back to Exeter City they had to raise £800,000 to purchase the club and lower debts.

If the fans were intent on having a fan run club i imagine it would need to raise at least initial £750,000 and continue to raise £200K plus per season to cover the clubs losses as fans/investors would soon lose interest if the wage budget was not wisely invested.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 137 - 210
realist
September 12, 2017, 11:57am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,689
Gold Stars: 41
If the squad was a sensible size it could break even. Wages are a massive drain on resouces as Fenty is probably realising at the moment.
New income streams could help, imagine what catering by the fans for the fans could bring in?.There are some many options even with staying at BP.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 138 - 210
friskneymariner
September 12, 2017, 11:58am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,157
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner

Do you know I think it probably would be possible to cobble together a fan led consortium that could underpin the budget each year. The big problem is raising the 3m to pay off the loans to enable control.

That's a big sum, far to big for us to ever be able to raise Imho.

It would be more than that as you would need some working capital,however  with some hard negotiating with Fenty probably get price down.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 139 - 210
22 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › FAO Getyourfactsright

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.