Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › FAO Getyourfactsright
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 287 Guests

FAO Getyourfactsright

This thread currently has 28,279 views. Print
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
September 10, 2017, 4:10pm
Guest User
Until he steps down, this Club will go nowhere!

I don't think he wants promotion because he is worried about operating costs in the higher division.

Completely 100% right, it's about him and his ego!!

If he loved this Club so much, he'd let it go and release the ransoms of his silly little benign loans!!

As for the Bogle money, I reckon he splashed loads out on Slade!!

Club is spiralling into to Doldrums once more!
Reply: 30 - 210
lew chaterleys lover
September 10, 2017, 4:18pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,659
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from mariner91

Absolutely this. I'm not old enough to remember Bill Carr but my old man told me he used to get a lot of stick and that was when things weren't going well a couple of divisions above this. We've just had the worst 15 years of the club's history, all under the watch of one man and very little seems to have been said about it, startling really.

I think people have become resigned to Fenty, because there is no obvious way to get him out. Every man and his dog knows the problems stem from the top, and managers are there to take the flak for the lack of proper investment and the inability of the club to really move forward. I think it also common knowledge that Mr. Fenty likes to be top dog; even new investment is not really a goer because he finds it difficult to work with other people and having to share the limelight.

The only way is for Fenty to be bought out which won't happen either as no one is going to pay him for his mistakes, hence the apathy/acceptance from the fans.

Having said all that if we really do get caught up in another relegation scrap I think he will start to feel the heat.  
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 210
Cloudy
September 10, 2017, 4:33pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Haven't seen the last few years accounts but I have a question for anyone who does;

Has JF's loans or shareholding increased at all in, say, the last 3 years?

I am just trying to ascertain if he has made any further investment OR if the club at the current level is essentially funded by the fans and commercial income?
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 210
MuddyWaters
September 10, 2017, 4:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from mariner91

Absolutely this. I'm not old enough to remember Bill Carr but my old man told me he used to get a lot of stick and that was when things weren't going well a couple of divisions above this. We've just had the worst 15 years of the club's history, all under the watch of one man and very little seems to have been said about it, startling really.

I do remember Bill Carr, a lovely bloke who ended up carrying the can for not taking us beyond the Championship. We've now got a bloke intent on taking us into oblivion for the second time, mainly because he's engineered a situation where we can't get rid of him.
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 210
Marinerz93
September 10, 2017, 5:05pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
I think it's time to call Fenty to the fishy to justify himself like fans he has called to the club. So come on Fenty, your quick to have your two pence when you want, your pretty quite now though. What do you have to say for yourself.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 210
HackneyHaddock
September 10, 2017, 5:51pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Like most here I'm just at a loss as to where we go from here.  It's abundantly clear that JF is a millstone around the neck of the club, both in terms of his attitude and interpersonal skills, and the "Benign" £3m revolver pointed at the club's temple.

Like many, during the non-league years, I was prepared to accept his egomaniacal benevolence as a price worth paying at a time when we needed subsidy to stay afloat.  Now, back in the league, we should (should) be able to at least break even, stabilise and at least run the club in a competent manner until someone or something shows up.

I've no idea who might come in to take over, whether it be a local consortium, David Ross or whoever, but one thing looks certain, that won't happen while JF is at the helm.

Perhaps the short term aim of the fans needs to be to clarify exactly what these loans are, and what JFs exit conditions are, then to up the pressure from there?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 210
MuddyWaters
September 10, 2017, 6:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from HackneyHaddock
Like most here I'm just at a loss as to where we go from here.  It's abundantly clear that JF is a millstone around the neck of the club, both in terms of his attitude and interpersonal skills, and the "Benign" £3m revolver pointed at the club's temple.

Like many, during the non-league years, I was prepared to accept his egomaniacal benevolence as a price worth paying at a time when we needed subsidy to stay afloat.  Now, back in the league, we should (should) be able to at least break even, stabilise and at least run the club in a competent manner until someone or something shows up.

I've no idea who might come in to take over, whether it be a local consortium, David Ross or whoever, but one thing looks certain, that won't happen while JF is at the helm.

Perhaps the short term aim of the fans needs to be to clarify exactly what these loans are, and what JFs exit conditions are, then to up the pressure from there?

Most businessmen have an exit strategy. I'm struggling to work out what Fenty's is, although I think there's a growing number who might be able to assist his thought process.
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 210
RichMariner
September 10, 2017, 6:14pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,134
Gold Stars: 209
Turn the clock back and give Paul Hurst his strength and conditioning coach, or whatever else he was asking for in an effort to take this club forward. I refuse to believe that any of his demands were unreasonable.

He's been the only manager during the last 20 years that has brought any success to this town. You should've just backed him and not listened to the small number of whinging fans who didn't like him because he supposedly never praised us, or sounded dour, or was from Yorkshire, etc.

He got us promoted. He signed the best asset we've had since Ryan Bennett. He proved himself. He'd have proven himself again in League 2 had we just believed in him (which we had no problem doing in the National League, funnily enough, when patience was at a premium).

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 37 - 210
HackneyHaddock
September 10, 2017, 6:27pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Most businessmen have an exit strategy. I'm struggling to work out what Fenty's is, although I think there's a growing number who might be able to assist his thought process.

From what I gleaned from previous fans' forums, I think he believes he can wait for an offer and either be bought out or hand the club over in return for some investment meaning he can recoup some of his money later if there's some "football fortune" (huuuuge transfer, cup run, Sheikh/Oligarch buy-out etc).

I think JF is being wildly optimistic in holding out for some "football fortune" and if he wants to ensure a good legacy, should look at removing himself from the scene, either by triggering an automatic "benign loan write-off" or some sort of debt-into-equity conversion in the event of a takeover, or by just entrusting the football club to the people of Grimsby by cancelling his loans (subject to accountants/tax considerations) and walking away completely, paving the way for others.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 210
HertsGTFC
September 10, 2017, 6:28pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,883
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from RichMariner
Turn the clock back and give Paul Hurst his strength and conditioning coach, or whatever else he was asking for in an effort to take this club forward. I refuse to believe that any of his demands were unreasonable.

He's been the only manager during the last 20 years that has brought any success to this town. You should've just backed him and not listened to the small number of whinging fans who didn't like him because he supposedly never praised us, or sounded dour, or was from Yorkshire, etc.

He got us promoted. He signed the best asset we've had since Ryan Bennett. He proved himself. He'd have proven himself again in League 2 had we just believed in him (which we had no problem doing in the National League, funnily enough, when patience was at a premium).

I doubt the S&C coach would have solved the problem, felt like a bit of a smoke screen that sited both sides IMHO.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 210
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › FAO Getyourfactsright

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.