Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Stadium Developers Set For Formal Planning App
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 13 Guests

Stadium Developers Set For Formal Planning App

This thread currently has 13,840 views. Print
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Nelly GTFC
February 9, 2017, 10:25am
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +24 / -6
Approval: +2,686
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from Grimsby Town F.C. | Posted: 9 February 2017, 10:00AM
Community Stadium Developers Set For Formal Planning Application

EXTREME has now completed the early stage viability assessment of the Community Stadium project and are satisfied that it is a project they wish to progress to a formal planning application with.

Alistair Gosling Chairman at EXTREME said: “We were delighted to be invited to give an informal presentation to Councillors across all parties yesterday (Feb 7th)  where we were able to outline, discuss and answer questions  over  our vision  to provide a Community Stadium and the enabling developments within North East Lincolnshire.

“Members raised a number of issues with us, which we understand and which we will seek to address as we move forward; we felt it was a very positive and progressive discussion and hopefully will be the first steps in engaging with the wider community on our exciting plans.

“We now look forward to hopefully seeing the Council’s Cabinet report on the next steps later this month.’’

Town director, John Fenty added: “I’m delighted that Extreme have had an opportunity to communicate directly with Councillors, in a two-way communication during their presentation. This has enabled clarification of opportunities for a scheme that has huge potential, to not only deliver a New Community Stadium, but to include other leisure facilities and much needed affordable homes within the borough. A project of this nature to progress needs timely decisions in order to make the most of opportunities that currently present themselves”.

The current facility mix being considered includes the following, a state-of-the-art 14,000 capacity football stadium, a new ice rink facility, additional sports and leisure facilities, retail and food & beverage offers.

To ensure viability and the least cost impact to the local district, an enabling element of affordable residential has been included. These are now being viewed on a District wide basis.

The level of investment for the Stadium & Leisure Project and enabling developments are expected to be in excess of £250 million, with the number of full-time jobs created in excess of 600 full-time positions excluding construction based on the design and facility mix.

Targeting mainly large scale developments EXTREME partners with land owners, sports clubs, local authorities and leisure operators to deliver the initial concept, master planning, site acquisitions, planning approvals, financial structuring and long-term leisure lettings to unlock the full potential of each site and achieve long-term growth and value for all our stakeholders.
Link >> http://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/grimsby-town-new-community-stadium-3565237.aspx

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> https://footballclubforums.com/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Cloudy
February 9, 2017, 10:40am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Slowly moving forward but I am sure we will get a few 'I want in on the Docks or East/West Marsh'

Peaks Parkway is the only show in Town, it either gets built there or not at all IMO
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 73
grimsby pete
February 9, 2017, 11:14am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,763
Gold Stars: 221
With the Government wanting loads more housing in the next few years,

It cam only help our plans.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 73
jimgtfc
February 9, 2017, 11:20am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +4,973
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from grimsby pete
With the Government wanting loads more housing in the next few years,

It cam only help our plans.

Exactly Pete, and I think that's what fenty means when he says "A project of this nature to progress needs timely decisions in order to make the most of opportunities that currently present themselves”

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 73
Nelly GTFC
February 9, 2017, 11:39am
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +24 / -6
Approval: +2,686
Gold Stars: 30
Looking at the pics, it's good to see the Architects have created a concave roof design, I doubt much sound at all will leak out of that, so the argument about a new stadium being too near housing, cemetary, and crematorium should be null and void.

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> https://footballclubforums.com/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 73
HertsGTFC
February 9, 2017, 11:46am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,555
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from Cloudy
Slowly moving forward but I am sure we will get a few 'I want in on the Docks or East/West Marsh'

Peaks Parkway is the only show in Town, it either gets built there or not at all IMO

As I don't live there any longer and only really get back for game days and a few times over the summer these threads are something that I have not got too involved in.

A new stadium is a must BP as much as it holds more good memories than bad personally is unsustainable in modern football. The way forward is to move into a new ground that forms part of a football hub/leisure complex etc.. etc.. Working with joint venture partners is the only way that this can be achieved as they have the expertise and investment capacity/access that we do not posses. I think the same as the poster above if it does not go into Peak Parkway then in won't possibly happen.  

What I would say though as I am now a visitor and someone who was brought up in the Freemo area if ever there was an area of a Town that would benefit from such a development it is Freemo and the space that sits behind it. Not just from the commercial and football point of view but also as a hub for constructive and positive community programmes etc.... etc... The club could form part of a regeneration legacy that they possibly would not achieve at Peak Parkway.

It appears that Peaks Parkway is the "only" option for the development but without adding fuel to the fire does this actually give the best benefit to the Town overall? Remember this is not just a football stadium it is a leisure development/hub or whatever you want to call it, I guess that remains to be seen.

What I would say though is regardless of where and if it eventually gets built pulling it off would be some massive feat by JF and the club. It is good to see that our clubs ambition extends to off the pitch as well as on it, if managed properly one can support the other without a doubt.  

UTM!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 73
psgmariner
February 9, 2017, 11:50am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.70
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,478
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Cloudy

*waves*

Private Message
Reply: 6 - 73
chicaneuk
February 9, 2017, 11:51am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +14 / 0
Approval: +1,438
Gold Stars: 5
I know we need to move to a better, more modern ground but.. can I just say regarding this line from the article:

"The current facility mix being considered includes the following, a state-of-the-art 14,000 capacity football stadium, a new ice rink facility, additional sports and leisure facilities, retail and food & beverage offers."

Great - another generic, soulless, cookie-cutter clone of every other out-of-town entertainment complex as you might find up and down the country with the same chain restraurants and bars. Honestly I'd rather we stayed at Blundell Park. At least the ground has history and character.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 73
psgmariner
February 9, 2017, 11:56am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.70
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,478
Gold Stars: 33
My preferences would be as follows:

1) Stay at BP forever and nothing ever changes cos I am a sentimental old fool.
2) Redevelop BP incrementally (bit by bit for the thickos).
3) Knock BP down and rebuild it.
4) Build a new ground down Freemo.
5) Build a new ground near Sainsburys.
6) Build a new ground on the Pleasure Island site.
7) Build a new ground somewhere else "in town" be that GY or Cleethorpes.
8 ) Build a new ground at Peaks Parkway.
9) Build a new ground somewhere else in the middle of nowhere and have a pre match pint at Frankie and Bennys.

Private Message
Reply: 8 - 73
Hagrid
February 9, 2017, 11:58am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,933
Gold Stars: 505
Quoted from chicaneuk
I know we need to move to a better, more modern ground but.. can I just say regarding this line from the article:

"The current facility mix being considered includes the following, a state-of-the-art 14,000 capacity football stadium, a new ice rink facility, additional sports and leisure facilities, retail and food & beverage offers."

Great - another generic, soulless, cookie-cutter clone of every other out-of-town entertainment complex as you might find up and down the country with the same chain restraurants and bars. Honestly I'd rather we stayed at Blundell Park. At least the ground has history and character.

use some common sense, the club will die if it stays at BP, there is nothing to progress us as a club there
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 73
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Stadium Developers Set For Formal Planning App

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.