Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › labour council unable to make a decision shock!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 31 Guests

labour council unable to make a decision shock!

This thread currently has 21,910 views. Print
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
November 18, 2015, 10:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,242
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from barralad

I used to think that but how can an area that is effectively bordered on one of its sides by the river be in the centre of anything?

Anywhere south of Clee Road in Cleethorpes (i.e all of Beacon Hill estate and all of Chichester Road estate and the sea front), all of the villages (Humberston, New Waltham Waltham, Brigsley Scartho) and anywhere South of Welholme Road, and east of Bargate/Scartho Road is definitely nearer to Peakes Parkway. The added advantage is that for the vast majority of people living in the above areas there would be no need to go and block up the roads in the Town Centre trying to get to the ground. The accessibility of the Peakes Parkway site is unquestionable in my opinion.

We can go through all the whys and wherefore of the geography - what we all want is some action and some decisions.
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 110
ginnywings
November 18, 2015, 10:21pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,126
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from barralad

This might be daft because I'm not sure where the boundaries of N.E. Lincs lie but I think Waltham areodrome might just be in East Lindsey which would go some way to explaining why it hasn't been considered by N.E. Lincs (I'll look tomorrow but I'm pretty sure the sign for N.E. Lincs is north of the areodrome on Louth Road. Holton Le Clay is definitely in East Lindsey.)

Whenever i worked on a project involving planning permission from East Lindsey Council, it was always a right palaver. The building inspectors were akin to the Hitler Youth. Very strict and a pain in the rear.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 110
LH
November 18, 2015, 10:28pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,515
Gold Stars: 173
If they had some sort of rivalry or some beef with NELC they might welcome putting a massive development right on the border of the districts just to urine them off. Worth an ask.
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 110
barralad
November 18, 2015, 11:50pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from MuddyWaters

We can go through all the whys and wherefore of the geography - what we all want is some action and some decisions.

As you well know my reply was to your assertion that Freemo was slap bang in the middle of the conurbation.
Surely it is a given that we all want action and decisions?

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 110
Southwark Mariner
November 19, 2015, 12:41am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,550
Gold Stars: 83

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 110
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 19, 2015, 8:06am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
I'm much more interested in us getting 3 points at Eastleigh than worrying about the geography of of a lump of concrete that might/could/may/will/should happen in X years time.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 110
Chrisblor
November 19, 2015, 8:59am

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,813
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from Southwark Mariner

Comrade Cllr John Shelton Fenty (Con - Humberston)

gary jones
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 110
diehardmariner
November 19, 2015, 9:46am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,612
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from Rob_in_Grimsby

Freeman St may be the right location for a few reasons over the others  BUT it will never happen there as the club can not afford to build the new ground without an enabling development, No new retailer is going to move down freeman st, With all the empty shops that are already there they would have done it by now.

The site Location has to be desirable to Anchor tenants and not just GTFC . Freeman st, the docks and Morisons sites would not bring fresh retailers running.

At present no retailer in their right mind would pitch up at Freeman Street.  The whole idea behind building a stadium at the top end of Freeman Street would be to give new life to the area.  It wouldn't be an area with eyesore flats and former buildings about to collapse, it would be a new shiny development in a very accessible part of the area.  
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 110
FishOutOfWater
November 19, 2015, 1:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from ROKERITE

Really? Nearly all the corrupt councillors I've ever heard of have been Labour ones, though I'm sure you'll find them in all parties. But then I go back a long way, to the days of Andrew Cunningham and T. Dan Smith.
Perhaps the council could get their national leader to help them make up their mind, he's shown just how decisive he is in the last few days.

Maybe now that Cameron has his managed to snaffle his own plane to facilitate his globe-trotting maybe he'll be coming down more on the side of Waltham Aerodrome as the preferred location

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 98 - 110
grimps
November 19, 2015, 2:54pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,121
Gold Stars: 46
The Labour council are clearly just mischief making and trying to hamper Fentys and the clubs progress , hopefully all Town fans will remember this come election time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 110
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › labour council unable to make a decision shock!

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.