Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › labour council unable to make a decision shock!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 40 Guests

labour council unable to make a decision shock!

This thread currently has 21,758 views. Print
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
lew chaterleys lover
November 17, 2015, 7:13pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,547
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from crusty ole pie
Here we go again but I have always said since the announcement that the flats will be coming down is where the stadium will be placed and I bet it will be called the shoreline stadium ( they will possibly even borrow the plans of the keepmoat ) so I see this as stalling tactics until the site is cleared

I don't think they are coming down now though. I think the prohibitive cost has put Shoreline off the idea. That's what I heard from a Shoreline employee unless they have changed their mind again.
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 110
mariner2000
November 17, 2015, 7:38pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +164
Gold Stars: 3
I think looking at that map that was posted is one of the most useful pieces of information.

I think as well as the location you have to look at the size of the site, which allows enabling development and non matchday income streams.

I think the cromwell road/millennium, peakes parkway and morrisons sites are large enough and are in reasonably densely populated areas.  They look like they have plenty of room for development and reasonable transport.

Freemo just has no room for everything, plus would you park your car there!! also do we really not see this and the garth lane sites being a nightmare for the club to police on big games when the force demand on being there, imagine the bill that the force would expect them to pay!!!

Garth lane again is just not big enough.  King George tiny as is B&Q and Ladysmith Road.

Tioxide is completely wrong location as is Europarc which I would argue is also too small.

Yet again no no no to Great Coates.

So for me sensibly it has to be either Peakes Parkway or Morrisons of that final list.  It will be interesting to hear Fenty's thoughts on Morrisons as I think we know what they will be on the others.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 41 - 110
headingly_mariner
November 17, 2015, 7:54pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
Not that the stadium will ever come to fruition, but I would be gutted if it was out of town or the council wedged a running track into it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 110
HackneyHaddock
November 17, 2015, 8:14pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
I'm no Labour supporter, but I think this ineptitude has gone on for 20-odd years and has the fingerprints of all sides on it.

Councils are bound by certain legal obligations in terms of due diligence and procedure.  What I saw in that report was a comprehensive and exhaustive exploration of the options within the borough, with Peakes Parkway coming out on top by a long way, so much so that if you read the breakdown of the scores for the other locations, PP is the ONLY option that is viable on the key points.  In this respect, the report has made official and irrefutable the case against such Pie-in-the-Sky ideas as King George, Pyewipe and Europarc.

This looks to me like the council would be on board if the plan were to go in, and also gives a strong argument in favour of PP in case the project is referred to the Secretary of State by objectors further down the line who hope to overturn a decision.  It's up to the club and council now to move this on and flesh out the plan to make it happen.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 110
barralad
November 17, 2015, 8:50pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,195
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Colchester's community stadium is owned by the Borough Council and operated by the football club. The council borrowed over £10 million to build it with difference being made up by grants and other angel funding. I don't want to assume anything but if we are looking at a similar model then we will be renting off NELC I guess.

You may well be correct. The fact is that none of us (including me) can say with certainty that is what will happen.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 110
easypeersy
November 17, 2015, 8:53pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +301
Gold Stars: 11
GET ON WITH IT !!!!!! WE HAVE WAITED FOR SO LONG ALREADY!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 110
barralad
November 17, 2015, 8:54pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,195
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from crusty ole pie
Here we go again but I have always said since the announcement that the flats will be coming down is where the stadium will be placed and I bet it will be called the shoreline stadium ( they will possibly even borrow the plans of the keepmoat ) so I see this as stalling tactics until the site is cleared

It isn't just the area of the flats though. Compulsory purchase orders would need to be put on a lot of the properties that aren't going to be knocked down in order to accommodate reasonable car parking and the anchor tenants/housing development.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 110
stevethefish
November 17, 2015, 8:55pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +773
Gold Stars: 66
The Colchester funding idea is good, but don't locate it like Colchester have, off the A12 in the middle of nowhere. No to Europarc.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 110
crusty ole pie
November 17, 2015, 9:05pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,311
Gold Stars: 62
Quoted from barralad

It isn't just the area of the flats though. Compulsory purchase orders would need to be put on a lot of the properties that aren't going to be knocked down in order to accommodate reasonable car parking and the anchor tenants/housing development.

Can you see the land owners resisting the compulsory purchase orders pretty sure most with give up the liability of the run down properties like a flash.
Things are already stated in my mind with the sealing off of freeman way .

LEW CHATS LOVER
pretty sure they will be down next year very few of the flats are occupied now with the exception of nelson house
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 110
HackneyHaddock
November 17, 2015, 9:24pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
In an ideal world, I'd love it to be by Alexandra Dock in the middle of Town, or just off a rejuvenated Freeman Street, but really can't see it.  In terms of availability, it looks like PP is the only game in town, unless the council pulls some sort of redevelopment grant rabbit out of the hat.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 110
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › labour council unable to make a decision shock!

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.