Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › labour council unable to make a decision shock!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 8 Guests

labour council unable to make a decision shock!

This thread currently has 21,912 views. Print
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
FishOutOfWater
November 18, 2015, 1:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from psgmariner
like him or loathe him De Freitas was fairly compelling as well.

Quoted from WetFlannel
Andrew DeFreitas could sign for us, score the winner to get us promoted, cure cancer after the end of the season and then headbutt David Cameron in the balls and I'd still think he was a grade A cockmuncher.

Take it you definitely fall in to the latter camp WF?  

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 60 - 110
WetFlannel
November 18, 2015, 1:22pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +395
Gold Stars: 7
Hahahah how did you know?!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 110
horsforthmariner
November 18, 2015, 1:41pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,630
Gold Stars: 9

What for? New Clee has been OK and that's only a platform. In fact, proximity to the Docks station is a big plus point and the site is close to the end of the A180.

Having said that, there are other issues that would need considerable planning and the input of a developer. It would however contribute far more to the regeneration of the town than any other option and I suspect that is why the council have re-included it.

You would be amazed. For a start a new development would need an impact assessment on the station. But I would expect new barriers, information boards, disability improvements, CCTV and probably a lot more.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 110
excusebeef
November 18, 2015, 2:26pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +296
What I was wondering is, although we need an enabling development for the stadium, why therefore cannot we use one of the smaller sites (i.e. the one in town centre) and then use housing in a separate area of the town where there is free land?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 110
jock dock tower
November 18, 2015, 4:37pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Just a thought.

Given that the club are Grimsby in name only, plying their trade in Cleethorpes, why are there no sites chosen for consideration in Meggies? Or are there genuinely none to be found there?

Was it a decision originally taken only to look at Grimsby and the likes of Great Coates rather than including Cleethorpes?

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 110
diehardmariner
November 18, 2015, 5:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,614
Gold Stars: 538
Said this before, the Freeman Street option ticks more boxes than anywhere else for me.  It's central, has better transport links than the other options and will rejuvenate an area that badly needs it.  I think the final point is the one that will sway the decision and I wouldn't at all be surprised if this is already the 'agreed' site.

With regards Cleethorpes as a location.  I can only think of two areas of land anywhere near big enough to accommodate the proposed development.  One is the area opposite Meridian Point including the golf course.  The finances involved in this would be phenomenal due to the location, it would eat into the Country Park which makes it an absolute no-no, not even starting on the transport issues...can you imagine a Bank Holiday fixture with a bumper gate?

The other is the area at the back of Humberston Avenue going towards Tetney....I'll just leave that one there for laughs.

I do wonder if any neighbouring councils have had conversations with the club about potential land for a new stadium.  Thinking more of our local authority neighbours to the south than those to the west.  
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 110
MuddyWaters
November 18, 2015, 5:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,250
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from WetFlannel
Andrew DeFreitas could sign for us, score the winner to get us promoted, cure cancer after the end of the season and then headbutt David Cameron in the balls and I'd still think he was a grade A cockmuncher.

Not entirely sure that Cllr de Fruityarse will be adding your testimonial to his Curriculum Vitae if I'm honest.
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 110
AdamHaddock
November 18, 2015, 5:20pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +36 / -5
Approval: +2,839
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from diehardmariner

I do wonder if any neighbouring councils have had conversations with the club about potential land for a new stadium.  Thinking more of our local authority neighbours to the south than those to the west.  

What like somewhere around where the boundaries meet? E.g. Toll Bar, HLC etc?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 110
MuddyWaters
November 18, 2015, 5:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,250
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from AdamHaddock

What like somewhere around where the boundaries meet? E.g. Toll Bar, HLC etc?

Waltham Airfield?
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 110
friskneymariner
November 18, 2015, 6:07pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Don't know why nobody really comments on Waltham airfield,seems to be dismissed out of hand.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 110
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › labour council unable to make a decision shock!

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.