Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › labour council unable to make a decision shock!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 13 Guests

labour council unable to make a decision shock!

This thread currently has 21,747 views. Print
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
barralad
November 18, 2015, 9:21pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,193
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from ROKERITE

Really? Nearly all the corrupt councillors I've ever heard of have been Labour ones, though I'm sure you'll find them in all parties. But then I go back a long way, to the days of Andrew Cunningham and T. Dan Smith.
Perhaps the council could get their national leader to help them make up their mind, he's shown just how decisive he is in the last few days.

Yeah but you live in Sunderland where the local Tory party hold their meetings in a phone box (and I'm not talking Dr Who's TARDIS)

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 110
HackneyHaddock
November 18, 2015, 9:26pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
sonik, I agree on PP; just noting that if the council are only going to back Freemo, then we have to take it and it could work.

What the Telegraph article didn't make much of is that PP comes out clearly on top once you factor in viability.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 110
barralad
November 18, 2015, 9:29pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from MuddyWaters

The enabling development bit will probably be the key, isn't Europarc too commercial/industrial for anything of that type to happen there? I mentioned Waltham Airfield in a tongue-in-cheek sort of way earlier but thinking on, it is a big enough area to create new infrastructure around a ground, does anyone know who it belongs to?

This might be daft because I'm not sure where the boundaries of N.E. Lincs lie but I think Waltham areodrome might just be in East Lindsey which would go some way to explaining why it hasn't been considered by N.E. Lincs (I'll look tomorrow but I'm pretty sure the sign for N.E. Lincs is north of the areodrome on Louth Road. Holton Le Clay is definitely in East Lindsey.)

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 110
barralad
November 18, 2015, 9:33pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from rancido

But surely by being season-ticket holders they are classed as having " a vested interest " and as such would be prohibited from voting on any decisions as regards the siting of the ground ?

You may be right but just remember we aren't just talking about a football stadium here. It is to be a community stadium in every sense of the word. Most of the activities that happen there will have little or nothing to do with football on a week by week basis.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 110
ackomariner
November 18, 2015, 9:36pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from HackneyHaddock
sonik, I agree on PP; just noting that if the council are only going to back Freemo, then we have to take it and it could work.

What the Telegraph article didn't make much of is that PP comes out clearly on top once you factor in viability.

Would rather stay at bp than try for Freeman St , just couldn't see it working tbh

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 110
barralad
November 18, 2015, 9:38pm
Mariners Trust

Totally agree about Europarc and Great Coates. Having always been in the no to Parkway camp I am just pleased people are coming to their senses and seeing a club that says it is part of the community must have a ground that actually benefits the community. That goes a lot further than just lettings and leisure activities.On the Parkway that can never happen, in fact the reverse.

So my vote would go to Freeman Street with Morrisons second if we have to have an edge of town stadium.

I'd be genuinely interested in why you believe that to be the case and particularly what you mean by "community"

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 110
louth_in_the_south
November 18, 2015, 9:52pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +5,551
Gold Stars: 94
What about getting lidl or Aldi involved . They build flats above them down this way to get planning . Why not build the new ground built above it with leisure facilities , parking whatever also incorporated into the plan ? Would fit in freemo nicely then

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 110
MuddyWaters
November 18, 2015, 10:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,880
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from sonik

Peaks Parkway is central. Not Freeman Street! We need this now not in 10 to 15 years. Typical stalling Council.

UTM!

Im pretty sure that Freemo is slap bang in the centre of the Grimsby Clee conurbation and Peaks Parkway is on the edge. Not that I want Freemo.
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 110
barralad
November 18, 2015, 10:16pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Im pretty sure that Freemo is slap bang in the centre of the Grimsby Clee conurbation and Peaks Parkway is on the edge. Not that I want Freemo.

I used to think that but how can an area that is effectively bordered on one of its sides by the river be in the centre of anything?

Anywhere south of Clee Road in Cleethorpes (i.e all of Beacon Hill estate and all of Chichester Road estate and the sea front), all of the villages (Humberston, New Waltham Waltham, Brigsley Scartho) and anywhere South of Welholme Road, and east of Bargate/Scartho Road is definitely nearer to Peakes Parkway. The added advantage is that for the vast majority of people living in the above areas there would be no need to go and block up the roads in the Town Centre trying to get to the ground. The accessibility of the Peakes Parkway site is unquestionable in my opinion.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 110
ginnywings
November 18, 2015, 10:17pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
What about getting lidl or Aldi involved . They build flats above them down this way to get planning . Why not build the new ground built above it with leisure facilities , parking whatever also incorporated into the plan ? Would fit in freemo nicely then

I was thinking the same. Aldi and Lidl are the new Tesco, without the aggression.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 110
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › labour council unable to make a decision shock!

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.