Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › labour council unable to make a decision shock!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 19 Guests

labour council unable to make a decision shock!

This thread currently has 21,846 views. Print
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
moosey_club
November 17, 2015, 4:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,206
Gold Stars: 224
Pretty ironic they have identified Garth Lane, fairly sure that back in the Great Coates days the council gave that site permision for retail development to ABP(?) which may have influenced potential retail partners at Great Coates pulling out.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 110
Maringer
November 17, 2015, 4:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,412
Gold Stars: 184
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Peaks parkway would be grid locked on match days especially Saturdays with Freshney place traffic and NO I don't live around here just stating a fact of how it is now.

Freemo could really be a winner if it was done properly.

I can't imagine how a Freeman Street site wouldn't be just as gridlocked if not more so than a Peaks Parkway site?

The problem is that we just don't have a two-lane circular sort of road in the way that many towns our size do. Everything has to pass through the middle of town and along single-lane roads to get anywhere. Note, this isn't a criticism of the council or road planning. It's just the way the town has built up over the years and there is no way it can be rectified as far as I can see because there is no free space between the Humber estuary and Grimsby/Cleethorpes. You could perhaps get around this to some degree with a Fish Docks site with roads running directly off the A180, but what would be the cost of that, I wonder?

I think a roundabout near the proposed Peaks Parkway site might be enough to alleviate some of the potential congestion problems, but not all of them. I think we're going to struggle, regardless of where any new site was located. If (heaven forbid) a Europarc/Pyewipe site was chosen, there will be outward bound congestion on match days as fans from Cleethorpes/Humberston etc would need to pass through Grimsby to get to the new site, followed by inward congestion as they left after the game.

No ideal locations available in the area. Other than Fenty Island, of course.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 110
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 17, 2015, 5:25pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
What's wrong with the Morrisons option? I've no axe to grind but nobody has mentioned it have they? On the by-pass (albeit a by-pass with a ridiculous speed limit) and plenty of room. Only problem I can see with it is rail links.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 110
Mrs Doyle
November 17, 2015, 5:28pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/

Seems freemo as become shortlisted Hmmm could really revamp that area up with new retail as well. The downside would be it could be the final nail in freshney place coffin after Ramsdens was recently given the green light to redevelop.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 110
ginnywings
November 17, 2015, 5:29pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
What's wrong with the Morrisons option? I've no axe to grind but nobody has mentioned it have they? On the by-pass (albeit a by-pass with a ridiculous speed limit) and plenty of room. Only problem I can see with it is rail links.

Morrisons pies are delish. I'm in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 110
MuddyWaters
November 17, 2015, 5:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Just seems like more time and money wasted with precious little progress.

Seems like more smoke and mirrors to come to a similar conclusion to that which the club have already come to.
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 110
barralad
November 17, 2015, 5:34pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,267
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from arryarryarry

Has this been confirmed, will income from the stadium on non match days be used to fund GTFC considering we wont own the stadium?

As there are no concrete plans in place I'm not quite sure what needs to be confirmed. The club are on record as saying that Blundell Park doesn't offer them the seven day a week income that needs to form part of the modern funding of a professional football club and that the new stadium will need to address that. By the way I haven't seen anything in writing (apart from on here) to say that the club won't own the new stadium. I wasn't aware that we were at the stage where such decisions are made.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 110
MuddyWaters
November 17, 2015, 5:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from barralad

As there are no concrete plans in place I'm not quite sure what needs to be confirmed. The club are on record as saying that Blundell Park doesn't offer them the seven day a week income that needs to form part of the modern funding of a professional football club and that the new stadium will need to address that. By the way I haven't seen anything in writing (apart from on here) to say that the club won't own the new stadium. I wasn't aware that we were at the stage where such decisions are made.

Colchester's community stadium is owned by the Borough Council and operated by the football club. The council borrowed over £10 million to build it with difference being made up by grants and other angel funding. I don't want to assume anything but if we are looking at a similar model then we will be renting off NELC I guess.
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 110
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 17, 2015, 5:54pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Colchester's community stadium is owned by the Borough Council and operated by the football club. The council borrowed over £10 million to build it with difference being made up by grants and other angel funding. I don't want to assume anything but if we are looking at a similar model then we will be renting off NELC I guess.

The likelihood is that there would be a separate management company in charge of the actual administration of the stadium. In the York model, from memory, I think that company is basically the football club plus some extra posts.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 110
crusty ole pie
November 17, 2015, 5:57pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,336
Gold Stars: 62
Here we go again but I have always said since the announcement that the flats will be coming down is where the stadium will be placed and I bet it will be called the shoreline stadium ( they will possibly even borrow the plans of the keepmoat ) so I see this as stalling tactics until the site is cleared
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 110
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › labour council unable to make a decision shock!

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.