Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Vote of Confidence
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 10 Guests

Do the supporters still back the Manager?
  View Results 0 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Vote of Confidence

This thread currently has 36,296 views. Print
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
rancido
November 2, 2015, 7:47pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,572
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from ginnywings

I understood about 2.266% of that post. The rest is 100% bollox. The fishy is representative of the Town fans and as such, the same 50-50 would probably occur if you polled all fans at a game. Bit like when an election result is forecast from an exit poll of a small number of voters. They are unerringly accurate.

I always thought you were one of the more reasoned, intelligent posters on here but if you truly cannot understand that then you are obviously less intelligent than I thought. The original statement was about the vote on here and obviously not reflective of the whole of GTFC support. Do you understand that or has 100% of it going in through your left ear and out your right ear without encountering anything to decipher it.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 171
ackomariner
November 2, 2015, 7:51pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from rancido

I always thought you were one of the more reasoned, intelligent posters on here but if you truly cannot understand that then you are obviously less intelligent than I thought. The original statement was about the vote on here and obviously not reflective of the whole of GTFC support. Do you understand that or has 100% of it going in through your left ear and out your right ear without encountering anything to decipher it.

Feel a fight coming on 🔔👊👀

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 171
chaos33
November 2, 2015, 8:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
Blimey....

Let me just pose this.....

I fancy that a fairly large proportion of those that still back Hurst are only just able to do so, and many are seemingly just about out of patience if you read several of their apparently candid posts on here.

I'm intrigued to know how things might look given the very distinct possibity that we fail to beat Barrow next week. There is a narrative behind the current 50/50 stats on the poll.

It's funny really because I'm naturally conservative with a small 'c' but it would seem clearly evident that many want to persist with Hurst out of fear of the alternative (don't believe in the board's ability to appoint a capable successor, don't believe there's a better manager  available, don't believe that key players will stay and play for a new man etc..). Now, this is hardly a ringing endorsement for Hurst. It's more about fear of the unknown.

Paul Hurst has been here a long time. He's had astonishing backing in terms of resource and fan support. We can go on and on indefinitely getting into the play off picture and that's alright for some, but there are very clearly established patterns in terms of shortcomings and they can't be denied.

I'm behind him and the team as long as he's here and on match day,  BUT, IMO he was lucky to be retained at the end of the 2013/14 season (I felt he should have gone then), had another shot and failed in the play offs last year (albeit very unluckily) and is almost half way through yet another shot at promotion looking nowhere near a title winning side, and the current stats can't be opposed.

This club needs promotion, but its ambitions are inhibited by fear and the acceptance of the second rate.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 171
ackomariner
November 2, 2015, 8:21pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from chaos33
Blimey....

I fancy that a fairly large proportion of those that still back Hurst are only just able to do so, and many are seemingly just about out of patience if you read several of their apparently candid posts on here.

I'm intrigued to know how things might look given the very distinct possibity that we fail to beat Barrow next week. There is a narrative behind the current 50/50 stats on the poll.

It's funny really because I'm naturally conservative with a small 'c' but it would seem clearly evident that many want to persist with Hurst out of fear of the alternative (don't believe in the board's ability to appoint a capable successor, don't believe there's a better manager  available, don't believe that key players will stay and play for a new man etc..). Now, this is hardly a ringing endorsement for Hurst. It's more about fear of the unknown.

Paul Hurst has been here a long time. He's had astonishing backing in terms of resource and fan support. We can go on and on indefinitely getting into the play off picture and that's alright for some, but there are very clearly established patterns in terms of shortcomings and they can't be denied.

I'm behind him and the team as long as he's here and on match day,  BUT, IMO he was lucky to be retained at the end of the 2013/14 season (I felt he should have gone then), had another shot and failed in the play offs last year (albeit very unluckily) and is almost half way through yet another shot at promotion looking nowhere near a title winning side, and the current stats can't be opposed.

This club needs promotion, but its ambitions are inhibited by fear and the acceptance of the second rate.

Great post as usual  

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 171
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 2, 2015, 8:24pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from rancido

The original statement read " this vote means nothing and is only a tiny percentage of the GTFC populous ". The statement was referring to the vote and is correct in that context. It doesn't matter how many fans you have spoken to the vote refers to The Fishy and that remark was about The Fishy. Up to typing this there have been 137 votes cast and 50% of those don't support PH. If you take a GTFC populous of 3,000 then only those on the Fishy count in the vote , that's why it's a vote on The Fishy. The total Fishy vote is 137 which represents 4.56% of a GTFC populous of 3,000. Of those 137, 68 want PH out which represents 2.266% of that 3,000 which is only a " tiny percentage of the GTFC populous ". If you were to do a poll on the 3,000 then that would be a totally different matter but this poll is only on The Fishy.

This is misunderstanding the point of the poll. The vote is a representative sample. The point being that if the 50% (or whatever % does not support Hurst) is representative of supporters as a whole then some 1500 regular supporters could well hold the same opinion. On the other hand the representative sample may be as inaccurate as an election forecast. But it certainly does not "mean nothing".

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 171
ginnywings
November 2, 2015, 8:26pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,143
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from rancido

Oh dear, not even worthy of a reply.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 171
grimsby pete
November 2, 2015, 8:59pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,800
Gold Stars: 222
Another thing to think about,

Some say if Hurst goes he will take half the team with him,

Well unless he goes to Eastleigh or Forest Green,

Wrexham and Tranmere have just got new managers,

He could not afford them,

They are not going to leave Town to play for a lot less money just to be with Paul.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 171
MuddyWaters
November 2, 2015, 9:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,256
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from grimsby pete
Another thing to think about,

Some say if Hurst goes he will take half the team with him,

Well unless he goes to Eastleigh or Forest Green,

Wrexham and Tranmere have just got new managers,

He could not afford them,

They are not going to leave Town to play for a lot less money just to be with Paul.

Just to note that the players are all under contract till at least the end of this season.
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 171
November 2, 2015, 9:39pm
Guest User
Quoted from chaos33
Blimey....

Great post - I echo these words, on match day I back all at the club and would never boo them off. We are underperforming, which isn't sustainable and the fans are justified in their current lack of confindence.
Reply: 98 - 171
jonnyboy82
November 2, 2015, 9:53pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
9th place.

Says it all really.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 171
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Vote of Confidence

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.