Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Vote of Confidence
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 7 Guests

Do the supporters still back the Manager?
  View Results 0 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Vote of Confidence

This thread currently has 36,303 views. Print
18 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
rancido
November 3, 2015, 10:25am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from ginnywings

Oh dear, not even worthy of a reply.

How ironic that you used sarcasm " I understood about 2.266% of that post " and ridicule " the rest is 100% bollox " and yet you are upset because I have adopted the same tone! If you can give it out then you must be prepared to take it.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 171
FishOutOfWater
November 3, 2015, 2:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Garth

Great post says and explains it all IMO, I am one of the Hurst in voters and have always entertained the thought of what if we change manager now scenario fear,  but over the last few weeks I am finding that my support for him has weakend to such an extent that fear now has turned to expectation and a little excitement

I've voted yes in the poll but as someone else said on a scale of 1(=out) to 10 (=stays) I'd be looking somewhere around a 6 - not a particularly convincing indictment of his current managerial prowess

I've always had some faith in PH's ability to stay the course and to give us a team that's difficult to beat, along with the occasional flashes of excitement (such as some of the drubbings, double over Barnet last season etc.)

However his seemingly wanting the team not to lose more than wanting them to win isn't doing much good so far this season

I was getting increasingly frustrated on Friday at the start of the second half because you just knew the way Cheltenham came on to us, they wanted the win. They were in our faces, pushing us back like a boxer on the ropes and they accordingly delivered their knock out blow. Nobody was at all surprised...we were just bystanders as our manager and team failed

Things like that make me really question PH's ability...if everyone around BP could see we were being given the run-around, why didn't he make some pre-emptive move of his own? Simply baffling

Anyway for me he has to get things back on track in the league starting straight away next week at Barrow...we don't want another 1-1, scraped a point away performance. We need to put them to the sword in the same way we dealt with them at home in August

A winning mentality on the pitch and on the terraces is all that's going to be acceptable from here on and if PH just reverts to type and we go through the rest of the season taking just  an average 1.6 points per game, he cannot be too surprised if he finds himself on his way.

I'd much rather he loses his conservatism and put up some kind of fight, taking this league by the scruff, but in all honesty I doubt he will and it will be on his head if we're still at this level next season
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 111 - 171
ginnywings
November 3, 2015, 4:34pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,147
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from rancido

How ironic that you used sarcasm " I understood about 2.266% of that post " and ridicule " the rest is 100% bollox " and yet you are upset because I have adopted the same tone! If you can give it out then you must be prepared to take it.

Who said i was upset? I'm not responding to your post because the premise of your argument is wrong but you can't see it. Others can see it but you insist that i'm wrong which is your prerogative, so the discussion is pointless. Believe what you want to believe.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 171
Town Monkey
November 3, 2015, 4:56pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +379
Gold Stars: 6
I'm also a Hurst in voter at present.  

I don't get to see us as often as I would like but with the players we have this season I've been filled with hope. Unfortunately, I've not seen that hope rewarded enough.  When we've got the ball down and played we've been magnificent but all too often in games with resorted to hoofing it long.  Does this come from the manager or just players in a game losing focus or composure?  Who knows but it's very frustrating.  I also think PH gives other teams too much respect.   That said, most of his permanent signings in the last couple of years have been decent (for this level) so he can pick a player.

Therefore, I'm in for now but for how long, who knows?  As for replacements, I have no idea who I would want and therein lies part of the problem.  So actually, with my fear of failure, I'm as guilty as anyone!

UTM Let's hope we're popping champagne corks in April (or ideally, for my nerves, March).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 171
MuddyWaters
November 3, 2015, 4:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,265
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Town Monkey
I'm also a Hurst in voter at present.  

I don't get to see us as often as I would like but with the players we have this season I've been filled with hope. Unfortunately, I've not seen that hope rewarded enough.  When we've got the ball down and played we've been magnificent but all too often in games with resorted to hoofing it long.  Does this come from the manager or just players in a game losing focus or composure?  Who knows but it's very frustrating.  I also think PH gives other teams too much respect.   That said, most of his permanent signings in the last couple of years have been decent (for this level) so he can pick a player.

Therefore, I'm in for now but for how long, who knows?  As for replacements, I have no idea who I would want and therein lies part of the problem.  So actually, with my fear of failure, I'm as guilty as anyone!

UTM Let's hope we're popping champagne corks in April (or ideally, for my nerves, March).

There you go - you're Hurst in but still state the reasons why many are Hurst out. Big conundrum.
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 171
Town Monkey
November 3, 2015, 5:07pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +379
Gold Stars: 6
Codger, you're spot on and that's my problem.  Am I accepting mediocrity and fearing change or do I think he can get us promoted (which is all that matters).  At the moment, I still think he can get us up but it's more hope than expectation now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 171
MuddyWaters
November 3, 2015, 5:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,265
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Town Monkey
Codger, you're spot on and that's my problem.  Am I accepting mediocrity and fearing change or do I think he can get us promoted (which is all that matters).  At the moment, I still think he can get us up but it's more hope than expectation now.

And I think that's where many are - I expected us to be in the top 3 by now based on the assembled squad, I hoped we wouldn't be in the midfield. I expected us to kick on from last season and we haven't. I know we have no right to expect promotion but we've had 18 years without one (we must be one of the worst in that respect) and I don't see one coming any time soon whilst we fritter away another year's budget and rack up additional losses.
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 171
barralad
November 3, 2015, 5:28pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from MuddyWaters

And I think that's where many are - I expected us to be in the top 3 by now based on the assembled squad, I hoped we wouldn't be in the midfield. I expected us to kick on from last season and we haven't. I know we have no right to expect promotion but we've had 18 years without one (we must be one of the worst in that respect) and I don't see one coming any time soon whilst we fritter away another year's budget and rack up additional losses.

Everton haven't had a promotion in 80 years...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 171
ginnywings
November 3, 2015, 5:31pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,147
Gold Stars: 548
Weren't Rochdale in LG2 (4th division) for an eternity before finally getting promoted?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 171
barralad
November 3, 2015, 5:39pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from ginnywings
Weren't Rochdale in LG2 (4th division) for an eternity before finally getting promoted?

40+ years. We are mere beginners!

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 171
18 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Vote of Confidence

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.