Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Vote of Confidence
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 21 Guests

Do the supporters still back the Manager?
  View Results 0 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Vote of Confidence

This thread currently has 36,260 views. Print
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Hagrid
November 1, 2015, 9:29am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,384
Gold Stars: 532
Theres obvious frustration, can understand both sides, But agree with Barra in that when we lose, their is an immense overreaction on this board. I dont think anyone is particuarly pleased with where we are currently, But i believe in PH and the players will get us there this season, If not, then it is time for Paul to go. And like i said the last we lost: drew with- a team we supposedly should beat, there is no way this board will sack PH in the postion we are in
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 171
barralad
November 1, 2015, 9:33am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from denni266

Sorry but you do seem to have a dig at anyone who has a different opinion to yours. i respect your views , so respect ours , when we have a manager who knows what he is doing i will back him , that is not what we have now

Feel free not to respect my views. I'm honestly not bothered. I don't resort to personal abuse.  I"m just thankful that the powers that be arent so volatile as this board in such circumstances.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 171
November 1, 2015, 9:50am
Guest User
Ideally, I would like a change of manager. I do believe PH is passionate about winning promotion but each and every time we get close, we fall away. We seem incapable of beating anything better than a beefed up pub side - a recurring theme. He has had time, lots of it. Have we every genuinely challenged for that top spot come May? Last season, we got close after our run in March / April and predictably fell away.

I would wait for now as PH, or rather the quality of the squad will keep us relatively in the play off mix. If we sack PH, it would have to be for a 'winner' manager.

Not ideal to change a manager mid season but if someone like Steve Evans (maybe moved out of our level nowadays) or a John Still became available then have a quiet word before dismissing the manager.

It comes down to whether or not you believe PH will win the league for us - I don't think he will.
Reply: 12 - 171
November 1, 2015, 11:47am
Guest User
Whatever you think, changing him now will be a mistake and probably a costly one. Someone new will want to bring in their own players in January and it'll be all over the place. May is the time to make this judgement.
Reply: 13 - 171
rancido
November 1, 2015, 12:00pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,571
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from ginnywings

First highlighted part i disagree with.

Second highlighted part i do agree with and i do still get behind the team and manager at BP.

I don't see how you can disagree with the first part! The hardened GTFC populous is probably 2,500 to 3,000 fans. Now compare this to The Fishy members who will vote and you will see how accurate the initial statement was.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 171
friskneymariner
November 1, 2015, 12:01pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
I don't think the reaction is a result of losing,but the manner in which we played,it is glaring apparent we have been short of a midfielder since the start of the season,yet Hurst has remained stubbornly immobile ,couple with his indecisive inaction and his reluctance to make changes during a game until it is too late.
It was apparent to all the game was crynig out for pace but McKreth was left sitting on the bench.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 171
rancido
November 1, 2015, 12:05pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,571
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from friskneymariner
I don't think the reaction is a result of losing,but the manner in which we played,it is glaring apparent we have been short of a midfielder since the start of the season,yet Hurst has remained stubbornly immobile ,couple with his indecisive inaction and his reluctance to make changes during a game until it is too late.
It was apparent to all the game was crynig out for pace but McKreth was left sitting on the bench.

With all due respect I don't think McKreth would have made the slightest difference to the outcome and as for his " pace ", I'm still waiting to see real evidence of this!

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 171
Rik e B
November 1, 2015, 12:21pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Perhaps a midfielder of the quality and temperament required to improve on what we have could not be sourced/we just missed out out. We don't want to bring in average players just to pad the squad out.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 171
friskneymariner
November 1, 2015, 12:25pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from rancido

With all due respect I don't think McKreth would have made the slightest difference to the outcome and as for his " pace ", I'm still waiting to see real evidence of this!

I would agree with your comments ,but of all the options he had McKreth would have been the best.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 171
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 1, 2015, 12:30pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
What Barralad said x100 this vote means nothing and is only a tiny percentage of the GTFC populous.

For the people saying a chimp could get this side to the top I say bollox.

If it were that easy we would have been up years ago.

I repeat money DOES make a difference some of these sides are WELL FUNDED.

We have no god given right to be walking this league the sooner some of you accept that the better.

This season is far from over get behind the team and manager.

If money matters so much why are we behind Bromley, Dover, Braintree ..........?
It's attitude and spirit that count. We are being out-teamed not out-spent.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 171
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Vote of Confidence

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.