Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Vote of Confidence
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 7 Guests

Do the supporters still back the Manager?
  View Results 0 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Vote of Confidence

This thread currently has 36,285 views. Print
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
barralad
November 1, 2015, 11:15pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from Rik e B

Good post and my thoughts are in that same basket. IF the trigger was ever to be pulled some skulldugerous tapping up of a quality replacement to come straight in would be essential

Word of the day...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 171
ginnywings
November 2, 2015, 12:23am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,132
Gold Stars: 548
I admit i have not read all this thread but i have been at a family gathering tonight in the presence of five staunch Town fans. All without question want Hurst removed and all said they know of no one who would be bothered if he was sacked tomorrow. Between us we know a lot of Town fans, so something doesn't add up. I think there is just a general apathy among fans. The ones i speak to anyway. I've really tried to stay impartial on this issue and have asked people what they think and i genuinely cannot find one person who sticks up for Hurst, either among my circle or in general around the town.

One said to me the Hurst detractors quote facts and the Hurst pro lobby quote what might happen in the future if we give him more time and that sums it up for me in a nutshell.

Had lots to drink and not explaining myself very well but in a straw poll tonight with 5 Town fans with over 150 seasons support between us, all have had enough of him. Only myself posts on here.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 171
Rik e B
November 2, 2015, 4:09am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Would people happily wax what remains of the boosted budget to pay Hurst's severence and instill a new broom?

Do people think we would be better off with a new man working with what we've already got or Hurst with the ability to add a player or two?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 171
Rik e B
November 2, 2015, 4:12am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Quoted from barralad

Word of the day...

Depends on the judging criteria... Ginnys 'reposte' had me hitting google for example

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 171
Harry Haddock
November 2, 2015, 4:53am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +18 / -8
Approval: +670
Gold Stars: 5
Everybody is entitled to their own opinion but voting after a defeat is pointless. If we'd have won the game, I'm sure we'd have completely different results.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 171
lukeo
November 2, 2015, 6:42am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
give him the rest of the season. we've given a lot of money and let's hope we go on a run like last year.  

Unless things turn for the worst and in January we're not close to the play offs and miles off top spot (points wise) then risk getting someone else in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 171
ginnywings
November 2, 2015, 9:24am

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from Harry Haddock
Everybody is entitled to their own opinion but voting after a defeat is pointless. If we'd have won the game, I'm sure we'd have completely different results.

Another among many examples of the "if we'd won" variety. We didn't win an therein lies the problem. After about 20 mins on Friday, the crowd were ready to rock, there were fireworks going off and i could just sense that Cheltenham were rocking slightly. Gary Johnson has said himself that some of his younger, less experienced players were wobbling a bit but as usual, we let them off the hook and gave Johnson time to work his magic. We never looked like winning from that point on and the game faded into another let down.

I get the sense that whereas most people calm down a day or two after a disappointing result, that's not happened this time and people are still p1ssed off. I can feel a sea change.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 171
ginnywings
November 2, 2015, 9:26am

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from Rik e B

Depends on the judging criteria... Ginnys 'reposte' had me hitting google for example

Riposte.  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 171
barralad
November 2, 2015, 9:35am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from ginnywings

Riposte.  

I was going to say the same thing but thought better of it (for once!)

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 171
Garth
November 2, 2015, 9:41am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Only saving grace to relieve the pressure on PH would be for him to sign on loan two players in the form of a target man and an aggressive Pouton style midfielder, its not going to happen I know but a failure Saturday and it all goes apeshit
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 171
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Vote of Confidence

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.