gtfc98
May 12, 2015, 9:21am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from grimps
Labour hate successful businessmen and they hate Tories , Do you really think they'd ever help Fenty or the Town get what they want ?
She and the Labour council are playing politics with our club

She can play with my politics all she likes!

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 106
WOZOFGRIMSBY
May 12, 2015, 9:34am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
Is she against the idea because of JF being a Tory or the fact it will detract from shops in and around freshney place? So she is also against redevelopment and relocation of the surrounding suburbs that lie outside of the town. Will be interesting to see her views on any further planning applications.

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 106
Jaws
May 12, 2015, 9:37am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from ginnywings

The Football club is hardly at the top of the list of problems that a politician has to try and sort out in GY.

10,000 people off to Wembley, many others unable to go for varying reasons - at least 10% of the population care about the club; pretty big issue.

If she got the club a new ground sorted she'd get quite a few extra votes.
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 106
BIGChris
May 12, 2015, 9:45am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Is she against the idea because of JF being a Tory or the fact it will detract from shops in and around freshney place? So she is also against redevelopment and relocation of the surrounding suburbs that lie outside of the town. Will be interesting to see her views on any further planning applications.

IMO Town centre shopping like Freshney Place is dying out and clinging on to half empty shops, with many poundshop/charity shops shows were it is heading.

Like it or not more and more people are using internet shopping, with less need for a High St/Town centre presence especially at the sky high rents.

Town centres need to move with the times and become a focus for leisure with bars/restaurants etc.

For me any new ground needs to be easily accessible to more fans, that is why Great Coates, IMO. was a great escape.
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 106
barralad
May 12, 2015, 9:54am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from grimps
Labour hate successful businessmen and they hate Tories , Do you really think they'd ever help Fenty or the Town get what they want ?
She and the Labour council are playing politics with our club

You probably don't read what I write on a matter of principle. Perhaps if I use capital letters your attention may be drawn to it.

IT WAS A LABOUR CABINET DECISION TO OFFER THE PEAKS PARKWAY SITE TO GTFC...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 106
barralad
May 12, 2015, 9:59am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from Jaws

10,000 people off to Wembley, many others unable to go for varying reasons - at least 10% of the population care about the club; pretty big issue.

If she got the club a new ground sorted she'd get quite a few extra votes.

I'm a supporter of the new ground site to the point where it actually cost me votes in the recent council elections but I have to say that if my experience is anything to go by opinion is very divided amongst actual fans as to whether the Parkway site is the best. I had season ticket holders on their doorsteps telling me it was a bad idea!
I agree 100% with your view that it is a big issue and I predict as things progress it will get bigger with opinions hardening on both sides of the argument.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 106
nickmariners
May 12, 2015, 10:01am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +519
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from BIGChris

IMO Town centre shopping like Freshney Place is dying out and clinging on to half empty shops, with many poundshop/charity shops shows were it is heading.

Like it or not more and more people are using internet shopping, with less need for a High St/Town centre presence especially at the sky high rents.

Town centres need to move with the times and become a focus for leisure with bars/restaurants etc.

For me any new ground needs to be easily accessible to more fans, that is why Great Coates, IMO. was a great escape.

...So, therefore it might be possible to argue that since more and more people access sports and games through the internet and TV that there is less need for an actual physical football team in or around Grimsby to cater for we mere 5,000 or so hardy souls?

That semi-serious point aside, I agree that parking and access is a huge issue for all retail and leisure activities these days, but inventive thinking could possibly address that by using the area around the railway lines and old sidings between BP, the river and the docks.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 106
Rodley Mariner
May 12, 2015, 10:01am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 177
Feminism is alive and well on The Fishy!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 106
LH
May 12, 2015, 10:10am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,518
Gold Stars: 173
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Feminism is alive and well on The Fishy!

If she wasn't pro-stadium before I reckon she will be now a load of anonymous men on a football forum have expressed sexual interest in her. We should have tried this with Austin Mitchell.
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 106
Rodley Mariner
May 12, 2015, 10:12am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 177
Quoted from LH

If she wasn't pro-stadium before I reckon she will be now a load of anonymous men on a football forum have expressed sexual interest in her. We should have tried this with Austin Mitchell.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 106
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Melanie Onn

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.