11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
barralad
May 11, 2015, 9:49pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,195
Gold Stars: 121

Let's just have a little balance please.

* You could not "buy" a place at Clee Grammar School after 1951 because it was controlled by the Lindsey County Council.
** People were moved out of the Strand & East Marsh in the 1950s, 60s & 70s by both parties when in power to the Western, Crosby & Grange estates miles from any amenities or into the "family friendly" tower flats.
*** So built another pool miles from anywhere unless you happen to live in the middle of Little Russia.

"Miles from any amenities"?? So there were no schools, doctors, buses to the town centre in these far flung suburbs? The residents of Strand and East Marsh were probably pleading to stay in rat-infested, unfit for purpose housing

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 106
poomehellt
May 11, 2015, 10:29pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / -3
Approval: +44
Quoted from Mariner1972
Was on the Burnsy show on Humberside this morning saying she is against the new stadium at Peaks Parkway, saying it's the wrong location.

Typical politician  Get voted in and then come out against whilst sitting on the fence immediately before the election so to keep both sides sweet. Was willing to give her a chance after replacing that old duffer Mitchell, but to hell with her.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 106
Maringer
May 11, 2015, 10:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
Hmmm. Thought I'd seen Onn state her opposition to the Parkway site well before the election?

I seem to remember that there as a thread somewhere about what local politicians thought and she noted then she was against that particular site. Or am I just imagining it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 106
Fcukthescunts
May 11, 2015, 10:47pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +776
Went to school with her and yes I would....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 106
Chrisblor
May 12, 2015, 12:20am

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,678
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from Maringer
Hmmm. Thought I'd seen Onn state her opposition to the Parkway site well before the election?

I seem to remember that there as a thread somewhere about what local politicians thought and she noted then she was against that particular site. Or am I just imagining it?

She wrote a long article before the election which took several paragraphs to explain she was totally on the fence about the proposed location. Now she's been elected she's found she actually does have an opinion - typical politician and exemplifies precisely why there's a lack of trust towards our elected representatives.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 106
grimps
May 12, 2015, 6:58am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +4,993
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from KingstonMariner
"What have Labour ever done for Grimsby?" is comedy gold. Like the "what have the Romans ever done for us?" scene in Life of Brian.

....apart from the NHS, working family tax credit, employment rights, workplace safety, council housing giving people somewhere decent to live as opposed to the damp dilapidated slums of the old East Marsh*, fair access to schools**, leisure centre and Scaffa baffs***....

I'm sure Barralad could add loads more.

Anyone who thinks any of this would have happened if the Tories had been left to their own devices is more than averagely naive.

* ask your Great Grandad
** in my mum's day you could buy places at Clee Grammar
*** haven't been able to upgrade or replace due to government cuts and spending restrictions

Look what they've done for us in the last 50 years ?? intercourse all
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 106
grimps
May 12, 2015, 7:03am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +4,993
Gold Stars: 46
Labour hate successful businessmen and they hate Tories , Do you really think they'd ever help Fenty or the Town get what they want ?
She and the Labour council are playing politics with our club
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 106
ackomariner
May 12, 2015, 9:05am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Fcukthescunts
Went to school with her and yes I would....

Could you finish your sentence please

"Went to school with her and yes I would....."  Would what..?  

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 106
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
May 12, 2015, 9:15am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from barralad

"Miles from any amenities"?? So there were no schools, doctors, buses to the town centre in these far flung suburbs? The residents of Strand and East Marsh were probably pleading to stay in rat-infested, unfit for purpose housing

Actually, we were.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 106
ginnywings
May 12, 2015, 9:18am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from grimps
Labour hate successful businessmen and they hate Tories , Do you really think they'd ever help Fenty or the Town get what they want ?
She and the Labour council are playing politics with our club

The Football club is hardly at the top of the list of problems that a politician has to try and sort out in GY.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 106
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Melanie Onn

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.