mariner91
February 25, 2015, 4:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,626
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from ackomariner

Wasn't he played on the right wing at bury and when he first played for us....just seem to remember that for some reason

Maybe I don't remember that far back. Besides, that is still a world away from being the "muscle" in midfield.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 64
February 25, 2015, 4:45pm
Guest User
WOW , I hadnt noticed that LJL  is not up to scratch, this is shocking news, time for a change perhaps?. We might then win 3 points easily rather than hoping the opposition dont score, draw level or actually win as i believe has happened on 5 occasions this term. We bring men in then not use them WHY? What did we see in them to bring them to BP?
Reply: 51 - 64
JMT
February 25, 2015, 5:07pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +473
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from ackomariner

Wasn't he played on the right wing at bury and when he first played for us....just seem to remember that for some reason

Played left wing for Lincoln, Played striker at Bury at first, then moved to the right wing, then arrived here as a winger i assume.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 64
Maringer
February 25, 2015, 5:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,487
Gold Stars: 185
I seem to think that he certainly started as a right sided player for a few games with us. Was it when we were trying to play a 4-3-3? Looking at soccerbase, for his first half-dozen appearances, he mostly came on as a sub but always played alongside Cook. I do vaguely remember being disappointed that those two couldn't get it working together very well because Cook wasn't really a target man though we stuck him in that role most of the time. He then started ahead of Cook a couple of times before generally dropping back to the bench for sub appearances.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 64
blundellpork
February 25, 2015, 7:23pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +1,655
Gold Stars: 32
Paul Hurst's absolute blind faith in Lenny will ultimately cost him his job. There are far too many times such as last night when nothing was going for him and he should have been substituted, but Hurst refuses to do so. There have been too many games where Lenny has missed sitter's/ really good chances that other players would have scored. I get the argument about how hard he works etc, but it still comes down to goals. Hurst's interview on Humberside last night was laughable.

There is certainly a place for him in the squad, but we all know that he is the first name on the teamsheet and Hurst can see no wrong.

Porky
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 64
cleethorpes_mariner
February 25, 2015, 8:18pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +313
Quoted from BIGChris

We counted 13

Official number was 6 fans, the rest where members of the squad who did not g.et picked for the team who decided to sit with their fans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 64
cmackenzie4
February 26, 2015, 7:31am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Out of interest does anybody know the lowest ever attendance from away fans at Blundell Park (league games) I have never known just 6 away fans attend before.. is this the lowest?

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 64
Les Brechin
February 26, 2015, 9:16am

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,701
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from cmackenzie4
Out of interest does anybody know the lowest ever attendance from away fans at Blundell Park (league games) I have never known just 6 away fans attend before.. is this the lowest?

In recent times it is Chris. I think the previous lowest was the 11 brought by Eastbourne and a couple of other teams whilst we've been down here.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 64
cmackenzie4
February 26, 2015, 9:48am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Thanks Les, I thought you would know.  

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 64
LongEatonMariner
February 26, 2015, 9:53am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +12 / -6
Approval: +1,037
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from mariner91

You can't say that with any conviction or proof. He has played up front all his career, if any of the professional coaches or managers saw the attributes that make a good midfielder in him then I'm sure it would have been tried by now.

I believe he was predominantly a winger prior to joining us. Just saying.

I agree with most of the other stuff you day in this thread.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 64
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.