7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
February 24, 2015, 9:50pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Christ, that was hard work. Was all i could manage to stay awake. Too many opportunities to create chances missed with poor decision making and when we did create some, we were woeful in putting them away. If we had a decent striker or two, we'd urine this league. Bit keystone cops at times but three points is three points. Pity Bristol pulled it out the bag again but all we can do is win as many as poss.

BP is not an exciting experience, generally.
Logged Offline
Private Message
DocTower
February 24, 2015, 9:59pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Teams know that we are beatable at home and it shows . We were sort of in control but always looking as we could throw it away .
Too many missed chances , yes we are a conference side but just how long are we going to have to put up with with the same formation and forward .
3 points , very unforgettable .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 64
Marinerz93
February 24, 2015, 10:01pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Enough chances to win two games according to JT.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 64
Hagrid
February 24, 2015, 10:01pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,987
Gold Stars: 507
For me a win is a win, never looked like conceeding, should have had 3 or 4, not a great game but got the 3 points and im happy with that
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 64
ackomariner
February 24, 2015, 10:04pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
I'll tell you what....if LJL gets 20 goals this season he can shove a sausage up my @rse along with jonnyboy.

Will never happen....he must have missed at least six tonight, but will start again on sat

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 64
MuddyWaters
February 24, 2015, 10:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,882
Gold Stars: 230
Possibly the worst individual display I've ever seen. Lennie wasn't great on Saturday, but tonight matched his lack of ability with a lack of effort.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 64
Les Brechin
February 24, 2015, 10:09pm

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,644
Gold Stars: 168
If there is such thing as a comfortable 1-0 win, then that was it. We scored early enough in the second half and although they had a decent amount of possession then never really troubled McKeown. It was McKeown's own error that gave them their best chance and we were fortunate their player fluffed it but apart from that I can't remember him having that much to do tonight, apart from tripping himself up.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 64
DocTower
February 24, 2015, 10:10pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Possibly the worst individual display I've ever seen. Lennie wasn't great on Saturday, but tonight matched his lack of ability with a lack of effort.

I never like to criticise by name but change is needed . We have better alternatives sat on the bench , being put through the wringer like that isn't doing my health any good .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 64
ginnywings
February 24, 2015, 10:12pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Lenny should have had an easy hat trick tonight. The fact he didn't manage one and has stopped scoring any in the last 2 months means a change should be imminent but i doubt it will be. We don't have anyone else who can do his role. Palmer possibly when fit but he's not really an aerial type player, despite his height.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 64
BIGChris
February 24, 2015, 10:15pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.98
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
We have made a habit in failing to break down a 10 man defence at BP BUT this wasn't one of those!!

Despite not being on top of our game we created enough chances to have run out winners by 5/6/7 . The fact we didn't was down to some shocking finishing. LJL has had by full support this season but today he was worse than poor. Not just for missing clear chances but his touch, control, movement were all well below standard.

Let's face it we totally dominated the game but they were very poor and you could see why they are bottom of the league, however at 1-0 no games is secure.

Mackreth all of a sudden seems to have discovered his pace than we saw against us in previous seasons, Toto was the dominant one IMO out of our central defence, Robertson had a good game. Including a good pass for Arnold's goal. Arnold's touch is the best in the squad and he was a threat throughout but he missed a golden chance in the first half.

Magnay got the sponsors man of the match once again although I thought his distribution was not up to his high standard.

Why are we so uninspiring at BP? I agree with many that away games are far more entertaining and enjoyable. I feel sorry for those who can only get to home games because in isolation we are shockingly ineffective.

Bottom line is a win is a win. Get another 3 pts on Saturday and keep taking it a game at a time
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 64
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.