February 24, 2015, 10:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,882
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from moosey_club

Ever.

Truly shocking ...no wonder only 8(?) supporters bothered coming.

I counted 9. About the same number as Lenny had chances.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 64
ginnywings
February 24, 2015, 10:44pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Quoted from moosey_club

Ever.

Truly shocking ...no wonder only 8(?) supporters bothered coming.

RH said there were 6 and the Stewards gave them all a cup of tea. Think that good publicity they got has gone to their heads.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 64
moosey_club
February 24, 2015, 10:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,141
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from BIGChris

We counted 13

Specsavers for you......i suspected it following your criticism of a rather natty jacket a couple of weeks ago but this confirms it  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 64
Garth
February 24, 2015, 11:05pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Possibly the worst individual display I've ever seen. Lennie wasn't great on Saturday, but tonight matched his lack of ability with a lack of effort.

IMO Lennie looked jaded tonight after a battle Saturday with the two Barnet centre backs and would benefit from a rest this Saturday, problem is PH is putting his name down first on the team sheet and for this he is not being fair to the lad, the position he plays in as a target for hoof ball means he is the hardest worker on the field and its taking its toll.
Put him on the bench for Saturdays game, we`ve got other options.
As far as the game went it was as I expected a tight one goal win in an after the Lord Mayors show performance but a win is a win UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 64
oldun
February 24, 2015, 11:17pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.91
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
As others have said for the most part it was one way traffic but we failed with the final ball or to take our chances when they came along. We played some great approach play during the first half and should have had a comfortable lead at half time. Thankfully we scored a very good goal early in the second half and I expected us to go on and get a couple more but again when the chances came we were wasteful. In fact after our goal they did get firward more and it got a bit jittery as one mistake or free kick could seen them nick one. Thankfully that did not happen and we have 3 more points in the bag. I have to mention Lenny for whom nothing much went right. He seemed desperate to get a goal but failed with the chances he had. He seems to want to smash every shot he gets, there were times when more composed striker would have rolled it in or skipped round the keeper. He also took shots when team mates were in better positions. Not one of his best nights. Still like him though. On to Sat now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 64
The_Laughing_Mariner
February 24, 2015, 11:18pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,040
Gold Stars: 10
To be fair Lenny missed a few, but I can't criticise him for lack of effort

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 64
headingly_mariner
February 24, 2015, 11:25pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
Lenny had a poor night in front of goal and should have had at least three but for me he was streets ahead of the really disappointing Jolley, hopefully Pittman or Palmer will be fit enough to start with Lenny on Saturday. That was the most one sided 1-0 win I've ever seen.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 64
Grimal
February 24, 2015, 11:26pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +2,850
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from moosey_club

Specsavers for you......i suspected it following your criticism of a rather natty jacket a couple of weeks ago but this confirms it  

Moosey, can you catch up mate, you need another " W "  on the chaser.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 64
Nelly GTFC
February 24, 2015, 11:34pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +24 / -6
Approval: +2,694
Gold Stars: 30
The longer the game dragged on, the more clumsy we got, and the game just lost any flow that we had, I thought Arnold had a great game.

We should of won at least 4-0, they looked like a team at the bottom.

Who did the effort that clipped the bar, was that Shop? Unlucky as it was a good shot whoever that was.

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 64
Maringer
February 24, 2015, 11:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
As others have noted, LJL didn't have a good game (and his link-up play was extremely poor), but accusing him of a lack of effort is just ridiculous. Ran and worked his socks off again and was (unfortunately) doing the work of 2 most of the time as Jolley was again disappointing. That said, he had 3 one-on-ones and should have scored one of them at the very least. The effort he toe-ended over the bar was only a half-chance from my viewpoint as he was absolutely at full stretch. I reckon Hurst would have taken him off with 20 or so minutes to go had we been a few goals up but, cautious manager that he is, didn't want to risk losing his workrate when the game wasn't safe.

My main problem with tonight was that we so badly failed to put an extremely poor Telford team to bed. I thought we played pretty decent stuff in attack at times in the first half though the final ball often left a lot to be desired and our failure to shoot in good positions was maddening. After Arnold's well-taken goal early in the second half, we just looked utterly clueless in attack way too often with pretty much every player making really poor decisions or terrible passes. The fact that we still had a few good chances after that despite playing so poorly said a lot about Telford's lack of quality. Our crossing in particular was just awful. I think the two best crosses we managed all night came from Robertson, the first for Arnold's goal and the second for the one LJL toe-ended over. We need to see better crossing than this from our attacking players when in such good positions.

Incidentally, anyone else think we were much worse after Clay went off for Brown? The game just seemed to pass Brown by and he seems a long, long way from the player who started the season looking so sharp.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 64
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.