7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Garth
February 25, 2015, 9:49am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
As I`ve said earlier Lennie needs a rest for at least one match, and if I was manager I would bench him Saturday and play Hamish from the start to see what he can do,  never mind sending him out on loan at this critical time of the season without giving him at least sixty minutes to prove whether or not theres a player there somewhere
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 64
sausage rolls
February 25, 2015, 10:10am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +31
Moved house and season ticket in box at storage company. I've not been bothered to try and retireve it. Having to pay to see a game where I have already paid (for a season ticket) x 3 before they will reprint my ticket means I will probably miss the rest of the home games this season.
My point is though, that I'm not really bothered. I can count on one hand the amount of home games this season where I have felt like I received my moneys worth for the entertainment on offer (can the way we play at home be called entertainment? - Not very often in my opinion). It sounds like I was right to not pay to see last nights game (for the second time).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 64
mariner91
February 25, 2015, 11:22am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,612
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from DocTower

Wow , obvious by you comments your in love with Lenny .  No I said the muscle in midfield , win the ball , that's all . Hurst won't drop him . Too late in the season to change things anyway .  Read other comments regarding strike partners the reoccurring  message is no understanding .  Been watching town for over 55 years now , the ever present observation is if someone doesn't deliver , change  it . These home performances especially this season haven't  been inspiring,  lack of atmosphere hence the relatively  low crowd .
I turn up , I pay for my ticket ,  I watch as you do . We can make true observation not like the ones who read the newspaper and know all about it . Will there with you next home game , you never know , watching a  fest .

Far from being in love with him, I find him extremely frustrating. He is good athletically, has a terrific attitude and work rate and generally his hold up play is fairly good. But his inability to finish easy chances is infuriating. But even being the muscle in midfield is a completely different proposition to playing as a target man. I've no doubt he would have the physical attributes to do it. However, he would have to change the way he reads the game, change his instincts in what to do in certain situations, change the way he receives the ball as you don't want your midfield player with his back to goal! Everything would be completely different. Players with a football brain are generally more adaptable and versatile. My point was you said he had no football brain then suggested changing his position entirely. If he lacks a football brain (in your opinion) in his favoured position how do you think he'd fare any better in an alien position where he hasn't any experience?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 64
grimsby pete
February 25, 2015, 12:11pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Marinerz93
Enough chances to win two games according to JT.

We could have scored 2 goals then mate.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 64
Maringer
February 25, 2015, 12:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,476
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from grimsby pete

We could have scored 2 goals then mate.

Heh. Just gave you a tick to take you up to the 2,000 mark!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 64
Maringer
February 25, 2015, 1:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,476
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from Maringer

Heh. Just gave you a tick to take you up to the 2,000 mark!  

And now, a couple of bell-ends have marked you down again!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 64
DocTower
February 25, 2015, 2:35pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Quoted from mariner91

My point was you said he had no football brain then suggested changing his position entirely. If he lacks a football brain (in your opinion) in his favoured position how do you think he'd fare any better in an alien position where he hasn't any experience?

His favoured position isn't  his strongest asset ,  how many times do we have players in the words of our manager  , square  pegs in round holes  Paul Groves , forward , converted to one of the best midfielders we have ever had . Alan Smith forward converted to midfield , plus others. As I said too late to change now ,  end of the season who knows who we will still have on the books . All hypothetical  though . Do you think on last night's performance  we missed  an extra Arnold type , tricky dribbler to try to break  through the stubborn  defence .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 64
Abdul19
February 25, 2015, 3:24pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,547
Gold Stars: 215
Alan Smith was a shit forward and an even worse midfielder

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 64
mariner91
February 25, 2015, 3:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,612
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from DocTower

His favoured position isn't  his strongest asset ,  how many times do we have players in the words of our manager  , square  pegs in round holes  Paul Groves , forward , converted to one of the best midfielders we have ever had . Alan Smith forward converted to midfield , plus others. As I said too late to change now ,  end of the season who knows who we will still have on the books . All hypothetical  though . Do you think on last night's performance  we missed  an extra Arnold type , tricky dribbler to try to break  through the stubborn  defence .

You can't say that with any conviction or proof. He has played up front all his career, if any of the professional coaches or managers saw the attributes that make a good midfielder in him then I'm sure it would have been tried by now.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 64
ackomariner
February 25, 2015, 3:52pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from mariner91

You can't say that with any conviction or proof. He has played up front all his career, if any of the professional coaches or managers saw the attributes that make a good midfielder in him then I'm sure it would have been tried by now.

Wasn't he played on the right wing at bury and when he first played for us....just seem to remember that for some reason

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 64
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.