This thread currently has 10,036 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Mrs Doyle
February 24, 2015, 10:16pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Phew!! we made a meal out of that we bossed the game for large intervals and should have had a bag full but three points will do nicely at this stage. Mc Kewon had very little to do Pearson was outstanding and Robertson looked assured. Arnold took his goal really well. The shop................well he had one decent effort that hit the bar but is finishing was a bit woeful. That's one banana skin dealt with bur so many chances missed ?  We got away with that one.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 64
DocTower
February 24, 2015, 10:21pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
They were a big side ginny , but why not try keeping it on the floor .  Been going on too long now for our manager to change his style . You know and I know the first name on the team sheet is going to be LJL.

Also listening to Hurst now , Lenny was great .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 64
ginnywings
February 24, 2015, 10:21pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from BIGChris
We have made a habit in failing to break down a 10 man defence at BP BUT this wasn't one of those!!

Despite not being on top of our game we created enough chances to have run out winners by 5/6/7 . The fact we didn't was down to some shocking finishing. LJL has had by full support this season but today he was worse than poor. Not just for missing clear chances but his touch, control, movement were all well below standard.

Let's face it we totally dominated the game but they were very poor and you could see why they are bottom of the league, however at 1-0 no games is secure.

Mackreth all of a sudden seems to have discovered his pace than we saw against us in previous seasons, Toto was the dominant one IMO out of our central defence, Robertson had a good game. Including a good pass for Arnold's goal. Arnold's touch is the best in the squad and he was a threat throughout but he missed a golden chance in the first half.

Magnay got the sponsors man of the match once again although I thought his distribution was not up to his high standard.

Why are we so uninspiring at BP? I agree with many that away games are far more entertaining and enjoyable. I feel sorry for those who can only get to home games because in isolation we are shockingly ineffective.

Bottom line is a win is a win. Get another 3 pts on Saturday and keep taking it a game at a time

Good summary and one i should have written but couldn't muster the enthusiasm for some reason.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 64
gary_elton
February 24, 2015, 10:30pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
Listening to the commentary we shud have won comfortable by at least 3 or 4 goals... but whereas we
used to blow points in games like this , we're now winning  , and if winning ugly happens , I'll take it.... just to get out
of this crap league... sorry for those that pay to watch it tho... must be very frustrating... and sad to say it I know,
but I'll take 3 points the same way on Saturday if necessary...

UTM !!!!

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 64
barralad
February 24, 2015, 10:31pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,267
Gold Stars: 121
I'm a big fan of Lenny's but tonight was a car crash of a performance in the art of finishing (or for that matter selecting the right choice.) The one in the first half where he shot wildly from a difficult angle as opposed to rolling it across the goal to I think Jolley or Mackreth was absolutely shocking. Having said that I don't see how anyone could fault his effort, it was just wasted effort.
Macca managed to give us all a scare chasing a ball across the box he didn't need to and going down in a heap.
The back four were solid all night (I cannot Telford forcing Macca into a save). Some useful game time for Brown.
MOM Arnold for me. Not just for the excellent finish with the outside of his boot for the goal but for a non-stop running display although in a shot shy first half he was guilty of not shooting after leaving at least three Telford players in his wake.
Mackreth realised after about 30 minutes that he would be able to get round their left back but still didn't deliver enough decent balls in for my liking. Jolley relatively quiet as was Pitman when he came on.
Telford were comfortably the worst side I've seen at B.P. this season...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 64
Les Brechin
February 24, 2015, 10:33pm

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,693
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from barralad
I'm a big fan of Lenny's but tonight was a car crash of a performance in the art of finishing (or for that matter selecting the right choice.) The one in the first half where he shot wildly from a difficult angle as opposed to rolling it across the goal to I think Jolley or Mackreth was absolutely shocking. Having said that I don't see how anyone could fault his effort, it was just wasted effort.
Macca managed to give us all a scare chasing a ball across the box he didn't need to and going down in a heap.
The back four were solid all night (I cannot Telford forcing Macca into a save). Some useful game time for Brown.
MOM Arnold for me. Not just for the excellent finish with the outside of his boot for the goal but for a non-stop running display although in a shot shy first half he was guilty of not shooting after leaving at least three Telford players in his wake.
Mackreth realised after about 30 minutes that he would be able to get round their left back but still didn't deliver enough decent balls in for my liking. Jolley relatively quiet as was Pitman when he came on.

Did you not go to the Alfreton game Barra?

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 64
Jarmo.Is.God
February 24, 2015, 10:36pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
Toto was good tonight.

I'm a massive fan of the shop, but tonight was scary, good touch, good turn, but my God he misses alot of chances.

Job done, nothing more, nothing less.

Arnold motm for me, played very well again, he certainly showing what he is capable off, imo, a better nielson, brave words, but I believe he is
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 64
moosey_club
February 24, 2015, 10:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,211
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from barralad

Ever.

Truly shocking ...no wonder only 8(?) supporters bothered coming.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 64
EY Mariner
February 24, 2015, 10:42pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +865
Gold Stars: 5
It's not how, folks. It's how many. Big win. Onto Saturday. Still right in the mix.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 64
BIGChris
February 24, 2015, 10:42pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from moosey_club

Ever.

Truly shocking ...no wonder only 8(?) supporters bothered coming.

We counted 13
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 64
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.