Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back (Merged)
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 211 Guests

Just Back (Merged)

This thread currently has 16,129 views. Print
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
dapperz fun pub
December 28, 2014, 6:19pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from DocTower

We know how Lincoln play , no excuse for not knowing that . We looked as if we didn't know each other , Hursts game plan , if there was one collapsed and as usual no plan b . Got exactly what we deserved .
Over to you .

I think that's a great point about no plan b and its been like that for yonks
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 146
grimsby pete
December 28, 2014, 6:19pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,792
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from KingstonMariner

But you'd still rather have him at the helm eh Pete.

I do unless another multi millionaire wants to take over,

Do you know anybody who wants the job ?  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 146
Mariner Ronnie
December 28, 2014, 6:21pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from DocTower

We know how Lincoln play , no excuse for not knowing that . We looked as if we didn't know each other , Hursts game plan , if there was one collapsed and as usual no plan b . Got exactly what we deserved .
Over to you .

Ok. If you was hurst what what you have done today? Over to you and all that  

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 146
louth_in_the_south
December 28, 2014, 6:23pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,680
Gold Stars: 96
It's also worth considering when we win , usually 1 nil with about 2 shots on goal , how many people question the team and management . Then in the heat of a local derby we crumble . Hmmm

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 146
highcliff mariner
December 28, 2014, 6:28pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -3
Approval: +778
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
It's also worth considering when we win , usually 1 nil with about 2 shots on goal , how many people question the team and management . Then in the heat of a local derby we crumble . Hmmm

This  I can't remember coming away from a game this season thinking , yea we was great today .
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 146
mariner91
December 28, 2014, 6:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,641
Gold Stars: 261
Well that was an abject performance. First of all, credit to Lincoln, deserved the win. They wanted it much more and outmuscled and outpaced us. If our players had their attitudes we'd have won today, that much I'm certain of. I don't think Lincoln looked particularly good, other than Adams and Sam-Yorke, but they had a game plan and worked as a team. You know what you're going to get from them especially in a derby and the fact that our players couldn't match them for effort is a travesty in front of nearly 6500 fans. I don't care what you say, if you're a player and you can't motivate yourself for a local derby in front of almost the biggest crowd you'll get in this league, then you're in the wrong profession. It shouldn't need to come from the manager, not today.

On to us. Other than Pearson who played reasonably well and I think Pittman had a half decent game we were poor all over the park. The centre of midfield is still not good enough. It lacks pace and power coupled with a lot of stray/sloppy passes today and that leaves you with very little. Parslow is not good enough, who ever thought he could play centre back needs their head examining. As Maringer said, I wouldn't bother signing him. Thomas was AWOL for their third and should have defended better for the second. Up front I thought they battled well and caused them problems. Their defence wasn't great. There were goals to be had if we could have shifted up a gear or two but we never got going and our strikers had to come deeper and deeper to get the ball from a midfield that wasn't doing it's job. Mackreth was okay when he came on, some good runs at speed but still little end product. As for Nathan Arnold, that was one of the most gutless and useless performances I've seen in quite a while. Didn't look interested second half, always seemed to make the wrong decision and I think I could count on one hand the number of times he managed to retain possession. Absolutely woeful and I'd drop him for the foreseeable future. This lad on loan Walker cannot be any worse than that.

I thought all three goals conceded were avoidable. The first was a piledriver admittedly but it is criminal to not have a man within 15 yards of him in the centre of the goal. If he's under any sort of pressure he does not score. And the clearance from Disley was poor, it's a simple rule that you do not head it out to the middle of the box. The second and third were similar and came from us being caught short and positioning ourselves poorly. You give the ball away in those areas you are asking for trouble.

The thing that really grinds my gears is the lack of positivity and ambition from our players when attacking. Far too many times when given the opportunity to advance with the ball, our players hesitate or choose not to. This is particularly annoying with the wingers, there were a number of times today when we could have had a go at them on the break but all the forward players, particularly Arnold, didn't have the heart to. Lincoln have a leaky defence, it was clear they were not comfortable with players running at them or with the ball played on the floor into feet. Yet all too often we didn't capitalise on this like they did when given the chance. Not good enough. However, I don't think this comes from the manager like some will suggest. No manager is going to suggest to his forward players to not take on defenders when on the break in a good position. I think we have too many gutless players who take the easier option and hope someone else does something. For this reason, we'll get to the play offs and fail to go up yet again. They haven't got the balls required to win in a big game in front of a big crowd.

You could argue we were unfortunate with the two injuries and Toto being banned. However, we keep saying what a strong squad we have. If this is true, it's about time some of them stood up to be counted when it matters.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 146
dapperz fun pub
December 28, 2014, 6:30pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie

I think it's sad how it's more "reactionary" when we lose than when we win.  

I'll tell you what's sad mate is that my kids have had to watch Dogg excrement for the last decade and some of that dog shitt is non league dog shitt
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 146
KingstonMariner
December 28, 2014, 6:32pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from grimsby pete

I do unless another multi millionaire wants to take over,

Do you know anybody who wants the job ?  

Why do we need one? Oh I forgot, because we keep overspending while we fail in football terms.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 146
DocTower
December 28, 2014, 6:32pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

I think that's a great point about no plan b

We don't know what goes on behind closed doors , but with the tinkering we see on the field , is it a case of trying to keep everyone happy . Obvious that Aswad isn't or wasn't fit , running through treacle . I was slated for saying weeks ago that we are a mid table side , but that performance encompasses town ever since Hurst took charge . If you went to the Forest Green game were poor but got 3 points . Far too predictable , with a reactive not a proactive approach .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 146
mariner91
December 28, 2014, 6:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,641
Gold Stars: 261
Today showed we are in desperate need of a winger, CM and a striker if we want to get out of this godforsaken league.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 146
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back (Merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.