Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back (Merged)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 362 Guests

Just Back (Merged)

This thread currently has 16,130 views. Print
15 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
tonyfordsmicrofro
December 29, 2014, 12:41am

Lower Findus
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +37 / -4
Approval: +26
I've just got back via getting drunk up and my thoughts still  are.....

We were flipping excrement and deserved to get beaten.

UTM and all that.

You fill up my senses,
Like a barrel of Tetley's,
Like a packet of Woodbine,
Like a good pinch of snuff,
Like a night out in Cleethorpes,
Like a greasy chip butty,
O, Super Black and Whites,
Come fill me again
Na na naa naa naa naaaa TOWN!!
Na na naa naa na na naaaa
Na na naa naa na naaa naaa
Na na naa naa naa naaaaaaa!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 146
TAGG
December 29, 2014, 12:45am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,962
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from tonyfordsmicrofro
I've just got back via getting drunk up and my thoughts still  are.....

We were flipping excrement and deserved to get beaten.

UTM and all that.

I'm drunk too love it

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 146
DocTower
December 29, 2014, 7:36am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Quoted from barralad

We weren't great defensively but to say we were set up defensively with the likes of Arnold, Pitman and Neilson in the side is stretching the bounds of reality....

Neilson got taken out early , if there was a game plan that changed .  There were times when 20 players were almost stood together . Far to narrow knowing how slow we are .
Game lost , big one on Thursday . Who's going to be fit ?  
Big decision time now for Hurst , players in , players out , change style .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 146
barralad
December 29, 2014, 8:20am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from DocTower

Neilson got taken out early , if there was a game plan that changed .  There were times when 20 players were almost stood together . Far to narrow knowing how slow we are .
Game lost , big one on Thursday . Who's going to be fit ?  
Big decision time now for Hurst , players in , players out , change style .

We'll have to agree to differ. An awful lot of Town's attacking in both halves went down both flanks..

As for Thursday it may be a case of whoever is fit plays...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 146
mariner91
December 29, 2014, 10:01am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,643
Gold Stars: 261
Anyone else think of this when they scored their equaliser? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGLSeWYCggw
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 146
diehardmariner
December 29, 2014, 11:05am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,608
Gold Stars: 538
Not for the first time this season, Hurst got it wrong tactically.  Lincoln packed the middle of the park and dominated us in there.  Power sat between their midfield and attack, completely controlling the play and we did nothing to pick him up.  

Selection wise, I don't think Hurst did a lot wrong.  Clay over Brown because of the height issue was fair enough.  Neilson over Mckreth after a heavy game on Friday.  Arguably Magnay should have been given another game to recover but sometimes you don't know how players will cope until they actually play.

Most frustrating thing for me was that we got drawn into another long ball game with Lincoln, even more frustrating considering the early joy we had playing Pittman on the last shoulder early on.  

The above said though, you can only blame tactics or selections so much when your players choke on the day.  That's what happened. They froze.
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 146
Garth
December 29, 2014, 1:11pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from barralad

We attacked down both wings today.

I must have nodded off
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 146
Les Brechin
December 29, 2014, 3:21pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,709
Gold Stars: 174
Holding my hands up here. I missed the game on Sunday (First home game I've missed this season) as I was visiting my brother in Surrey.

I watched the highlights this morning though and I'm surprised there has been no mention of the performance by Lincoln's goalie. I know they had a goal disallowed and hit the frame of the goal but , I don't know if those highlights were biased towards us but it seemed that we had plenty of chances and their keeper made several great saves.

As I said, I can only go on the highlights but it looked to me that we could just as easily have won that.

Brilliant strike for their equaliser though. 9 times out of 10 they go flying over the top of The Pontoon!  

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 146
Maringer
December 29, 2014, 3:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,504
Gold Stars: 185
Their keeper certainly played pretty well (and his kicking was hugely better than McKeown's), but most of the shots were pretty much straight at him so he didn't have to do too much with them. I think we should certainly have been more clinical for one or two of those chances and at least made him work harder. And, of course, the wasted chances when we were in the lead were a big problem. No real excuse for messing up 2 or 3 really good scoring opportunities like that. Pittman's cross for the goal was perfect but the other crosses were poor.

We certainly had enough chances to score a few goals but a combination of poor defending and poor finishing made the performance look all the worse.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 128 - 146
Madeleymariner
December 29, 2014, 4:25pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,051
Gold Stars: 49
Simple difference between the 2 sides, they targetted and took out our most influential players by kicking them in the air early on and they had three big strong fast players up front who when they got the ball aimed straight for the goal or byline as soon as they could with another 4/5 players flying into the box ready for the cross, unlike ours who got booked for soft cynical challenges (Neccesary in both cases) and  but why didnt they try to hurt them at the same time as they were obviously going to get yellow cards. and our wingers who simply turn back inside at every opportunity instead of flying forward and hitting the byline. We lacked pace everywhere on the pitch. Best players Pearson by a mile then Lenny Pitman and Clay, the rest should have stayed at home. Wish I had.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 129 - 146
15 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back (Merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.