Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back (Merged)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 169 Guests

Just Back (Merged)

This thread currently has 16,132 views. Print
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
petethemariner
December 28, 2014, 5:48pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
For reasons i w'ont bore anyone with, plus at present a  strange general apathy towards Football, its the first time i have seen
Town in a while and to be brutally honest judged on that we are a mid table side,out fought, out tackled, outpaced and out desired,
which is not acceptable, to be honest Lincoln looked more like a side capable of going up then us, even allowing for the injuries.
Central midfield is still anonymous, OK Disley scores a few, but when have we had a midfield that actually controls games? Years ago
IMHO.  Pittman and Shop caused Lincoln problems when some decent service was actually provided, but that happened all too rarely and
we play far too deep as a team in my opinion, you should compress play at home and trust your defenders to do their jobs if the
opponents counter.
Bitterly disappointed by that, had hoped attending today would inspire some more interest in me, its had the opposite effect unfortunately.
Two other things - what a strike for Lincolns first goal - d'ont think i have ever seen a shot hit with more power at BP and despite the fact that
i cannot stand  the inbreds, you have to give credit to the Lincoln fans (bar 1) for respecting the minutes silence so well and their general
support - but then again they had plenty to support, we had very little.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 146
itsnotcoditshaddock
December 28, 2014, 5:49pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +312
Anyone blaming Macca for the first goal needs their head testing. Fantastic strike, nothing else to be said. I didn't think we were bad, just picked off after attempting to get back in the game. Lincoln played well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 146
ginnywings
December 28, 2014, 5:49pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,124
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Chrisblor
I think Lincoln are getting too much credit for their first. Was right down the middle of the goal and McKeown didn't react. Should have at least got a hand to it for me.

He gets beaten by long range efforts quite regularly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 146
Mariner Ronnie
December 28, 2014, 5:51pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Anyone blaming Macca for the first goal needs their head testing. Fantastic strike, nothing else to be said. I didn't think we were bad, just picked off after attempting to get back in the game. Lincoln played well.

This. Thank god!!

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 146
Chrisblor
December 28, 2014, 5:53pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,811
Gold Stars: 234
intercourse off.... Hurst doesn't even think that was a poor performance!! Total and utter moron. Aswad and Arnold didn't look remotely arsed today, no way did they give everything as you stupidly suggest.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 146
Mariner Ronnie
December 28, 2014, 5:53pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from ginnywings

He gets beaten by long range efforts quite regularly.

That means the defence is doing the job when they have to resort to long range shots, but to be honest, today's and Telford's where imo near to impossible to save.

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 146
Chrisblor
December 28, 2014, 5:55pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,811
Gold Stars: 234

It was hit hard but from a long way out meaning he had enough time to get in the way of it. It was relatively central and not towards the corners of the goal. Watch a replay and you'll see he was slow to react.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 146
LH
December 28, 2014, 5:55pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,509
Gold Stars: 173
We're always going to concede a long range goal or two a season. It's the poorly defended goals that we can deal with better that we need to cut out - and we conceded two of those today. I can't think of any player who played better then 6/10 today. That is unacceptable for a derby game let alone being the supposed better side going into it.

We'll bounce back eventually and I'm still confident we'll make the play offs because the league is so poor but the big games don't suit us and going into the play offs it doesn't bode well.
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 146
ginnywings
December 28, 2014, 5:57pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,124
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Chrisblor

It was hit hard but from a long way out meaning he had enough time to get in the way of it. It was relatively central and not towards the corners of the goal. Watch a replay and you'll see he was slow to react.

Poor header out from Disley too. I was taught from a young age to never head the ball to the edge of the box and he had a clear sight at it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 146
Maringer
December 28, 2014, 6:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,505
Gold Stars: 185
It looked pretty clear to me that Magnay was not well enough to play today, even before he was caught. He looked ill and was puffing and panting after just 5 minutes. If he's had one of the many chest infections currently going around, it's no surprise he struggled. Unfortunately, Thomas looked well out of sorts as well and Parslow just couldn't cope with their pacy No. 15.

I don't think McKeown had much of a chance for their goal. It might have been relatively close to the centre of the goal but was an absolute piledriver. The Lincoln keeper played well enough but didn't have to face any shots nearly as good as that. Our defending for their last two goals simply wasn't good enough.

Disley ran out of steam in the second half but I was disappointed to see that Clay was much the same as well. I don't think our current options in central midfield are good enough for a team looking for a promotion. It will be interesting to see if Hurst does anything about this in the transfer window (I tend to doubt he will).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 146
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back (Merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.