Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back (Merged)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 291 Guests

Just Back (Merged)

This thread currently has 16,120 views. Print
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
DocTower
December 28, 2014, 8:06pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Quoted from GrimExile
My god guys, we are a Conference side with as good a manager at this level as we can get. If Paul Hurst was to be sacked (with the team in 4th place I might add) then who on earth do you get in to make things better. Of course it was an awful result and display but aren't we letting our emotions take over from sensible constructive thought? We do not have a devine to be promoted, we just have to be realistic and support the manager and the team. The reaction of half the posts on here are almost as depressing as the result itself. Come on guys lets get in the real world. UTM

The real world , we have produced yet another poor performance in front of a yet another bumper crowd , the majority of who won't return very soon . Good money spent , too many times too many off days . Trouble is this problem never gets addressed .
If you can't get inspired in front of a big crowd your in the wrong job .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 146
ska face
December 28, 2014, 8:07pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,606
Gold Stars: 840
Think we missed Toto desperately today. Absolute lack of pace at the back was our downfall, N'siala gives us that cover when we get caught. Also thought distribution from the back was urine poor, only thing that came from the back without being intercepted/lost were punts towards LJL who battled but struggled against Brown & Bencherif. Though not perfect, Toto's distribution is infinitely better than what we saw today, can usually pick a pass through midfield along the floor and isn't afraid to bring the ball forward out of defence.

Don't get me started on Parslow.
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 146
ackomariner
December 28, 2014, 8:08pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Abdul19

2 days ago, before being taken off (hence my question)

Bang on, and was wondering why he was dropped when today's game would have suited him more than clay IMO

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 146
RoboCod
December 28, 2014, 8:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
And what of Towns corners? At one stage we had 3 in a row, in any other game under any other team this would be seen as pressure, the fans of the team defending the relentless onslaught just knowing it was going to go in eventually. At BP fans don't even bother getting out of their seat for corners, so useless are they.
Seriously, how can a team who can't even take a corner expect to gain promotion? It's embarrassing and amateurish and it's about time Hurst acknowledged it and gave us some idea of just when or how it's going to be addressed.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 146
TownSNAFU5
December 28, 2014, 8:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,873
Gold Stars: 42
We are great at heading balls to the opposition.  Sometimes our headed clearances are so "weak" they have to wait for them to come to ground.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 146
Mariner Ronnie
December 28, 2014, 8:26pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from DocTower

Think like you , you just listen to the squad being announced and try to work out the system . We still need a leader on the pitch . I know it's one game , but it's the manner of the defeat . On paper we have a good set of players but , to me our manager doesn't know how to get the best out of them . Grinding out results due to backs to the wall defending won't bring back the fans .
With Mac loosing to Bristol , going to be an interesting game on Thursday .

A good win Thursday will help put this behind us.

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 146
GrimExile
December 28, 2014, 8:27pm
Live in Bucks born and bred in Grimsby.
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,280
Gold Stars: 36
The please tell me what your solution is Table Wine Drinker. You can't criticise blankly without a solution surely? UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 146
moosey_club
December 28, 2014, 8:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,238
Gold Stars: 226
Brown would have been dropped for two reasons......
1. He has been playing sh1t..
2. Probably chose Clay with one eye on the average height of their squad..

Not a bad call really and not one i would particularly pick fault with.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 146
Mariner16
December 28, 2014, 8:42pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: +476
Gold Stars: 4
Anyone blaming Macca for the first goal needs their head testing. Fantastic strike, nothing else to be said. I didn't think we were bad, just picked off after attempting to get back in the game. Lincoln played well.

Good hit but Mackreth was too slow on the short corner played to Newton, who has one of the best left foots I've seen in this league.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 146
BIGChris
December 28, 2014, 8:52pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
According to BBC site Macclefield could only name 3 subs today.
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 146
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back (Merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.