Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back (Merged)
Users Browsing Forum
Baidu Spider and 264 Guests

Just Back (Merged)

This thread currently has 16,109 views. Print
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
mariner91
December 28, 2014, 7:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,580
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from BIGChris
Twice in the 2nd half he was in possession and we had a 3 on 3 but he just gave the ball away sloppily. He had to power at the defender to commit and then slip players in or if they backed off keep going. He did neither.

This is something nearly all our players are guilty of in most games but Arnold was particularly bad today.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 146
GrimExile
December 28, 2014, 7:41pm
Live in Bucks born and bred in Grimsby.
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,280
Gold Stars: 36
My god guys, we are a Conference side with as good a manager at this level as we can get. If Paul Hurst was to be sacked (with the team in 4th place I might add) then who on earth do you get in to make things better. Of course it was an awful result and display but aren't we letting our emotions take over from sensible constructive thought? We do not have a devine to be promoted, we just have to be realistic and support the manager and the team. The reaction of half the posts on here are almost as depressing as the result itself. Come on guys lets get in the real world. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 146
ackomariner
December 28, 2014, 7:47pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from mariner91

This is something nearly all our players are guilty of in most games but Arnold was particularly bad today.

And at Macclesfield , also shitting out of tackles to. Don't get me started about parslow, sooner he clears off back to York the better

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 146
GrimExile
December 28, 2014, 7:48pm
Live in Bucks born and bred in Grimsby.
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,280
Gold Stars: 36
Further to my above post I see Mr Fenty is on here and I hope has read my post. Please note John that as in every aspect of life it is always the minority that shout the loudest. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 146
Abdul19
December 28, 2014, 7:50pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,515
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from Maringer
Brown hasn't put in a decent performance for months, so criticising his absence today seems a bit odd.

2 days ago, before being taken off (hence my question)

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 146
Helgy
December 28, 2014, 7:52pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +118
Didn't want to say much before the game but since Simmo has gone we have a Lincoln lad in charge and he's really changed things.
It was all a bit clueless under Simmo but we are seeing subs made at the right time and a great team spirit 5 league wins out of 6 for us.
Adams has been a massive signing from Birmingham ran the show against Alfreton and was excellent again today.
Though after 1-0 that was it for us but we dug in and struck back right on HT.
Next game fecking Alfreton again for the 5th time this season.
Over reaction today was all flags were banned for being offensive by the police a Lancaster bomber over the cathedral?
Good job they didn't see mine devil worship  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 146
Tom13
December 28, 2014, 7:53pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +12 / 0
Approval: +270
Disappointed not to see Doig start today, he's probably just as good as Parslow in the air but can actually read the game and tackle, Parslow was desperately poor today and really struggled with their big lad up top. Felt many times during the game Toto would've easily shrugged him off or put him into the stands and immediately stopped an attack.

Thought once Mackreth had to come off the bench for Neilson we were seriously lacking game-changers on the bench - would anyone honestly say McLaughlin or Hannah would change a game? I've not seen any such evidence in their Town careers. At least some raw pace on the bench would've helped today to change the game - not that it mattered too much due to 2 subs having to be made before the 2nd half even started through injury.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 146
TownSNAFU5
December 28, 2014, 7:57pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,863
Gold Stars: 42
They seemed to want to win more than us.  They had a slight edge in most positions, and overall. The curse of the large crowd struck again.

At 1-0 we had 2 reasonable chances to get a second goal.  Firstly with a missed pass to Mackreth when he was free in front of goal, the second when a Mackreth header missed the target.

Lincoln's first goal was a great shot.  The second and third goals were identical.  Pace down the right to the byline, low cross to at least 2 players waiting just in front of goal.  You could see it coming each time.

Lincoln attacked in numbers and at pace (for NL players).  Not quite like Oxford but too good for us on the day.

We tried hard to score but their defence and keeper were good enough.  They were dominant in the air at the back.  

We had no luck with injuries but were still well-beaten at the end.  It was not our day.  

If we beat Macc on 1 Jan we will have 3 wins against promotion rivals in less than 2 weeks.  All is not lost then.  (We do need more goals though to go up).  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 146
ackomariner
December 28, 2014, 7:58pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Helgy
Didn't want to say much before the game but since Simmo has gone we have a Lincoln lad in charge and he's really changed things.
It was all a bit clueless under Simmo but we are seeing subs made at the right time and a great team spirit 5 league wins out of 6 for us.
Adams has been a massive signing from Birmingham ran the show against Alfreton and was excellent again today.
Though after 1-0 that was it for us but we dug in and struck back right on HT.
Next game fecking Alfreton again for the 5th time this season.
Over reaction today was all flags were banned for being offensive by the police a Lancaster bomber over the cathedral?
Good job they didn't see mine devil worship  

Pleased for you mate, you totally deserved the win

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 146
Maringer
December 28, 2014, 7:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,412
Gold Stars: 184
Another thing that really gets my goat is the number of times our defenders have free, unchallenged headers and basically just head it as far forward as they can, even if it ends up nowhere near any of our players. On numerous occasions we do this, just giving the ball away instead of trying to lay it off to one of our players in midfield. All of our central defenders are guilty of this, from what I've seen. If under pressure, I understand you often just have to get it clear, but we just try and put it as far forward as possible every time, even when in plenty of space.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 146
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back (Merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.