Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What a shambles !
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 184 Guests

What a shambles !

This thread currently has 9,653 views. Print
9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 All Recommend Thread
Sir Matt Tease
November 29, 2014, 5:03pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +279
Gold Stars: 31
Well that's me done with visiting Blundell Park until this so called manager is gone !

Another crap display against a bunch of part time no hoper's.

I have not missed a home game all season and have also attended my fair share of away games, always supporting the side and only venting my unhappiness on here, never to the players. That is now over until he has gone ! I refuse to waste £18 of my hard earned cash watching this drivel.

Someone asked on here a few days ago what had happened to the crowds at BP ? After today's shambolic result you have your answer !

Another long season in the conference beckons next year.
Logged Offline
Private Message
MuddyWaters
November 29, 2014, 6:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Amen to that!
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 86
OneLove
November 29, 2014, 6:29pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
the sooner he's gone and a manager with good tactics and no negativity comes in then we will succeed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 86
gaz57
November 29, 2014, 6:48pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +993
Gold Stars: 3
Money talks more than results so when the crowds disappear so will the manager.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 86
LongEatonMariner
November 29, 2014, 6:53pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +12 / -6
Approval: +1,037
Gold Stars: 1
I didn't get the feeling it was that bad according to JT on the radio. It sounded like we did well until our finishing?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 86
TAGG
November 29, 2014, 6:58pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,969
Gold Stars: 123
Every one knows I think Hurst is a excrement manager & will never get us out of this league but there is no way Fenty will sack him now so we are stuck with him. Even though I don't like this I will be at every game cheering the lads on and hoping Fenty makes the right decision at the end of the season and sacks the fool.
We are stuck with him so like me just try to enjoy watching Town and hope he felicitations off at the end of the season.
UP THE MARINERS

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 86
jonnyboy82
November 29, 2014, 7:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Has there ever been a team in 2nd place with so little punch.

A manager with the excitement of a retired trainspotter..

meh.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 86
Tony_GTFC
November 29, 2014, 7:35pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: -10
Grimsby fans dont deserve to go up. They are too negative and dont support the team.

Ask any man what nationality he would prefer to be, and ninety nine out of a hundred will tell you that they would prefer to be Englishmen.

CECIL RHODES

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 86
jonnyboy82
November 29, 2014, 7:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Tony_GTFC
Grimsby fans dont deserve to go up. They are too negative and dont support the team.

I hope thats sarcasm.

You mean the fans which travel all over the country to support the team in non league football.

Thats an insult to fans who are craving just a tiny bit of happiness and success.

Grimsby fans are as loyal as they come.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 86
Jarmo.Is.God
November 29, 2014, 7:59pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
So you wasn't at the match today, so you can't comment on the performance.

We out played telford today and was the much better team.

People screaming to take mckreth off and he then went on to score...

Whilst I understand times are hard and away games are difficult to get to, I don't understand why you can comment on a performance that you havnt seen.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 86
ginnywings
November 29, 2014, 8:01pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
I'm sure I just heard Hull fans calling for Bruce's head after 4 defeats. He  could do no wrong a month ago. All football fans are the same you plank.

Town fans have had scant little to cheer for a long time and have been remarkably patient.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 86
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 29, 2014, 8:03pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

Whilst I understand times are hard and away games are difficult to get to, I don't understand why you can comment on a performance that you havnt seen.

Very true Jarmo. But we are allowed to comment on the result which is only one step away from disastrous. Fat lot of good outplaying teams if we don't get the 3 points at the end of the game isn't it?

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 86
Jarmo.Is.God
November 29, 2014, 8:06pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86

Very true Jarmo. But we are allowed to comment on the result which is only one step away from disastrous. Fat lot of good outplaying teams if we don't get the 3 points at the end of the game isn't it?

I understand. The result was not great, but we did enough to win.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 86
Belfast Town
November 29, 2014, 8:07pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +1,689
Gold Stars: 19
FFS. We're second in the league!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 86
MuddyWaters
November 29, 2014, 8:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings
I'm sure I just heard Hull fans calling for Bruce's head after 4 defeats. He  could do no wrong a month ago. All football fans are the same you plank.

Town fans have had scant little to cheer for a long time and have been remarkably patient.

Every year in this excrement league is a year too many. Fans are getting impatient and getting poor value for money. Much as I support the new stadium plans, I am concerned that it is a bit of a smokescreen for what's going on on the pitch.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 86
denni266

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +699
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

I understand. The result was not great, but we did enough to win.

But we didnt win, did we
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 86
Mariner Ronnie

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

good post, town should've been 3-0 up after about 10 minutes, thought we made tough work of the rest of the half, telford's goal a screamer from a bad mistake.

come on town,
see y'all in the FAT!

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 86
lee65
November 29, 2014, 8:12pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,480
Barnett have scored 14 goals more than us (and anybody else) We need to kill games off when we are well on top, as this is the real difference between them and the next 6 or 7 teams.  If you score plenty it makes it less important if the odd speculative shot goes in.
I think we all get frustrated, but to suggest Grimsby fans don't deserve to get promoted is a bit of a generalisation.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 86
LongEatonMariner
November 29, 2014, 8:29pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Has there ever been a team in 2nd place with so little punch.

A manager with the excitement of a retired trainspotter..

meh.

Yeah too right, is be much happier in mid table with so wine Fatty Evans at the helm.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 86
jimgtfc
November 29, 2014, 8:30pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,074
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from jonnyboy82

I hope thats sarcasm.

You mean the fans which travel all over the country to support the team in non league football.

Thats an insult to fans who are craving just a tiny bit of happiness and success.

Grimsby fans are as loyal as they come.

Loyal? Even the ones who say they're not going to games until Hurst is out? Really? There's 3000 odd loyal, the rest (like you and the OP) sadly are not.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 86
TAGG
November 29, 2014, 8:31pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,969
Gold Stars: 123
Quoted from Tony_GTFC

balderdash    
I deserve to go up.I'm not negative in thinking being League Champs is the only option & I will be there the next game to support the team

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 86
Lincoln Mariner 56
November 29, 2014, 8:43pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,643
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from jimgtfc

Loyal? Even the ones who say they're not going to games until Hurst is out? Really? There's 3000 odd loyal, the rest (like you and the OP) sadly are not.

How do you judge loyalty? It is not the same as stupidity. I have, until the Southport game, been attending for 50 years and as such have taken the rough with the smooth. But in all those years I have never been so bored as I have watching town under PH. I can count the entertaining matches on one hand. If he, by these tactics, succeeds and gets us promoted he will have been proved right in his approach. I do not believe he will, but hope he proves me wrong, but either way my season ticket will not be used again whilst he is in charge. That may be disloyal but its that or lose my sanity watching his inept tactics cost countless home points.

As Ginny said in a post earlier this week his attitude to the fans and his tactical approach mean every "average" performance brings heaps of criticism which I accept is not always deserved on that sole performance but is in reality the fans expressing their frustration on 18 months plus of watching very sverage football.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 86
MuddyWaters
November 29, 2014, 8:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

How do you judge loyalty? It is not the same as stupidity. I have, until the Southport game, been attending for 50 years and as such have taken the rough with the smooth. But in all those years I have never been so bored as I have watching town under PH. I can count the entertaining matches on one hand. If he, by these tactics, succeeds and gets us promoted he will have been proved right in his approach. I do not believe he will, but hope he proves me wrong, but either way my season ticket will not be used again whilst he is in charge. That may be disloyal but its that or lose my sanity watching his inept tactics cost countless home points.

As Ginny said in a post earlier this week his attitude to the fans and his tactical approach mean every "average" performance brings heaps of criticism which I accept is not always deserved on that sole performance but is in reality the fans expressing their frustration on 18 months plus of watching very sverage football.

And that, fellow fishy people, is Post of the Day
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 86
Mariner Ronnie
November 29, 2014, 8:50pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Quoted from MuddyWaters

maybe i could sum this thread up with a picture

[img]http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130710154045/cardfight/images/thumb/6/60/Facepalm.png/463px-Facepalm.png[/img]

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 86
jimgtfc
November 29, 2014, 8:55pm
Brandy Drinker
You bought a season ticket for a non league team, that's kind of what you get. Value for money? Probably not, but it's par for the course at this level. You say it's the worst football you've seen. Don't you think that's because we're at our lowest level since you've been watching.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 86
jimgtfc
November 29, 2014, 8:57pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

It's really not... Yeah let's all not bother turning up for games any more.... jesus

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 86
Lincoln Mariner 56
November 29, 2014, 9:07pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from jimgtfc
You bought a season ticket for a non league team, that's kind of what you get. Value for money? Probably not, but it's par for the course at this level. You say it's the worst football you've seen. Don't you think that's because we're at our level since you've been watching.

Not at all, I would accept that the lack of away fans and the consequent reduction in the overall atmosphere within BP does not help but I recall saying to my brother when we went out the league that at least we would, hopefully in future, be watching a side that sits near the top and not the bottom of the league. In reality, whilst i am not petty enough to argue that being second is not ok in itself the frustration is a) the amount of points lost particularly to mediocre teams at home and b) the overall quality of the entertainment on offer even when we have won.

I have said previously losses like Huddersfield, Macclesfield at home last year and Lincoln away this year are, despite the disappointment, acceptable IMO as they were enjoyable matches to watch. I do not expect a classic every week but going home entertained every other game would be nice whereas, IMO, it is more like once in every five to six home games. At approaching 60 I have had enough but pray I am wrong and that the PH fans are proved right and this is the year we return to the league.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 86
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 29, 2014, 9:26pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from jimgtfc
You bought a season ticket for a non league team, that's kind of what you get. Value for money? Probably not, but it's par for the course at this level. You say it's the worst football you've seen. Don't you think that's because we're at our lowest level since you've been watching.

No, he bought a season ticket for Grimsby Town who happen to be in the Conference. There is a subtle difference there. Also York were promoted out of the league playing football that most people thought was very good. So did Luton of course and .... we could go on.

But ultimately the question to ask is why Grimsby Town is not consistently winning games against sides that should be brushed aside by 2 or 3 clear goals. If the team was to do that most fans would forgive any sort of style of play.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 86
jonnyboy82
November 29, 2014, 9:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from jimgtfc

jimmy let me tell you this...

unfortunatley for people like you there are still some grimsby town fans that can see the bigger picture which happens to involve paul hurst not managing this club..

some including myself will stay away and as much as it annoys you its our way of saying i wont pay another bean watching the same old same old and then having to listen to the most ridicoulous post match interviews..

i have earned my absence thankyou very much!

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 86
pontoonlew
November 29, 2014, 9:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,834
Gold Stars: 167
If people were happy to watch shite football matches just to watch 'results' football would've died a death many many years ago.

Try telling Hurst that...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 86
LookBackInAngers
November 29, 2014, 9:52pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +93
Do people think that there is a queue of wonderful top calibre managers ready and willing to takeover at BP and serve us up a diet of thrilling total football?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 86
moosey_club
November 29, 2014, 9:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,199
Gold Stars: 224

But ultimately the question to ask is why Grimsby Town is not consistently winning games against sides that should be brushed aside by 2 or 3 clear goals. If the team was to do that most fans would forgive any sort of style of play.

Simple -  LJL's total is respectable but in reality he misses around 5 for everyone he scores and has been the focal point so far (last two games aside)
We simply dont have suitable firepower.
This was known last season, it was the priority in the summer but
never happened,
it was priority in pre season but
never happened,
we grabbed Pittman last minute (a good acquisition i think if he stays injury free),
we were told we would have another before the season started...
never happened....
we were told we would have one on loan within a couple of weeks of the season starting..
.never happened...
we have enquired/tried 28(?)
not happened...
we have now recruited Hamish, an unknown entity really, on a short term contract....January is not too far away so Hamish has a very narrow window to prove to Hurst/himself/us that he is the answer or it turns to..
will we be able to recruit a proven goalscorer in the January window ?

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 86
Lincoln Mariner 56
November 29, 2014, 10:04pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from LookBackInAngers
Do people think that there is a queue of wonderful top calibre managers ready and willing to takeover at BP and serve us up a diet of thrilling total football?

No not a queue but there will be options. However, with town in second place I am not naieve enough to believe PH is in danger of losing his job, but whilst he remains I believe there will be a continued reduction in our average home attendance even if we keep in the top two places.

If at the end of the season we go up he will be able to justify his approach, anything else will for many not be acceptable. For the last two years we have made the play offs and not looked like getting a full house for the home leg, that in itself says alot about how many town fans feel about the type of football on offer.

I hope he succeeds cos that will mean town have succeeded and despite everythin we all say ultimatel that is all we want. How many will turn up to watch us achieve that will though be heavily influenced by how we perceive we are being entertained.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 86
barralad
November 29, 2014, 10:29pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,268
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from jonnyboy82

jimmy let me tell you this...

unfortunatley for people like you there are still some grimsby town fans that can see the bigger picture which happens to involve paul hurst not managing this club..

some including myself will stay away and as much as it annoys you its our way of saying i wont pay another bean watching the same old same old and then having to listen to the most ridicoulous post match interviews..

i have earned my absence thankyou very much!

Out of all the things that some of those who want Hurst gone come out with this is the one that makes me smile most. This belief that somehow only "they" can see the bigger picture. Hilarious!

Anyway, haven't you got some sausages to be measuring for fitting?

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 86
barralad
November 29, 2014, 10:31pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from jimgtfc

It's really not... Yeah let's all not bother turning up for games any more.... jesus

I think you'll find that is a contender for Post of the Day...

Anyhow Codger you probably wouldn't turn up for the vote!

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 86
jonnyboy82
November 29, 2014, 10:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from barralad

Out of all the things that some of those who want Hurst gone come out with this is the one that makes me smile most. This belief that somehow only "they" can see the bigger picture. Hilarious!

Anyway, haven't you got some sausages to be measuring for fitting?

On the ratio LJL misses at least 7 chances for every goal i think the hotdog will be safe.

re the bigger picture all we can go on i suppose is pauls record at our club and i know paul wont take us up were as you hope he will and the odds are in my favour..

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 86
barralad
November 29, 2014, 10:52pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from jonnyboy82

On the ratio LJL misses at least 7 chances for every goal i think the hotdog will be safe.

re the bigger picture all we can go on i suppose is pauls record at our club and i know paul wont take us up were as you hope he will and the odds are in my favour..

I'd be interested in seeing the mathematical data that's behind that statement...just on Tuesday night alone it means he must have had 14 chances!

The bratwurst is coming......

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 86
jonnyboy82
November 29, 2014, 10:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from barralad

I'd be interested in seeing the mathematical data that's behind that statement...just on Tuesday night alone it means he must have had 14 chances!

The bratwurst is coming......

well if it does happen then LJL is welcome to insert the bratwurst as that means i have a chance of him missing the target hole.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 86
vuvuzela_hater
November 29, 2014, 11:02pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +46
I go to every game, home and away.  and all I can see is that we're second in the league.  Better prospects than the last few years.  time will tell how long we're in the mickey mouse cup for, but I think that will be the make or break.  Yes, hurst is negative, but I also believe his philosophy of 'win the home games, don't lose the away games, and you'll win the league'.  My opinion is PH has got it wrong with LJL, but they've built the team around him, and there's no turning back now.   From what I've seen, we play attractive football, but with no end product.  All it takes is a bit of a confidence boost with a couple of players and we'll be flying.  We are second in the league and according to most, we're playing excrement!  not a bad position to be in imho.    we're on the up.   keep the faith.   UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 86
pontoonlew
November 29, 2014, 11:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,834
Gold Stars: 167
That's all well and good, but ignoring basic errors all season only sets you up for dissapointment in the play offs.

Again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 86
GorgeousGeorge
November 30, 2014, 12:03am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +30
Quoted from vuvuzela_hater
I go to every game, home and away.  and all I can see is that we're second in the league.  Better prospects than the last few years.  time will tell how long we're in the mickey mouse cup for, but I think that will be the make or break.  Yes, hurst is negative, but I also believe his philosophy of 'win the home games, don't lose the away games, and you'll win the league'.  My opinion is PH has got it wrong with LJL, but they've built the team around him, and there's no turning back now.   From what I've seen, we play attractive football, but with no end product.  All it takes is a bit of a confidence boost with a couple of players and we'll be flying.  We are second in the league and according to most, we're playing excrement!  not a bad position to be in imho.    we're on the up.   keep the faith.   UTM

You go to every game home and away, 'from what I've seen we play attractive football'.

Are you being serious?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 86
vuvuzela_hater
November 30, 2014, 8:04am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +46
I am quite new to watching town play regularly, so can't compare these few games to past seasons but I think we're playing decent stuff for this level.  We get the ball down and play (mostly) and seem to have the edge over most teams.  Were not poor defensively, if their player yesterday hadn't belted the ball from 30 yards yesterday, then we would all be singing from a different hymn sheet today.  I just think our fans are fickle.  5 games ago people wanted PH out,  we win a few and he's the f-ing messiah,  we DRAW away and he's the most useless manager to come here since Nicky Law.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 86
jimgtfc
November 30, 2014, 8:07am
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from jonnyboy82

well if it does happen then LJL is welcome to insert the bratwurst as that means i have a chance of him missing the target hole.

You get 7 in a jar, so by your logic he'd get one in  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 86
barralad
November 30, 2014, 8:08am
Mariners Trust
Quoted from jimgtfc

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 86
ackomariner
November 30, 2014, 8:12am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
I am quite new to watching town play regularly, so can't compare these few games to past seasons but I think we're playing decent stuff for this level.  We get the ball down and play (mostly) and seem to have the edge over most teams.  Were not poor defensively, if their player yesterday hadn't belted the ball from 30 yards yesterday, then we would all be singing from a different hymn sheet today.  I just think our fans are fickle.  5 games ago people wanted PH out,  we win a few and he's the f-ing messiah,  we DRAW away and he's the most useless manager to come here since Nicky Law.  

You watch different games to me then tbh....

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 86
cardiffmariner
November 30, 2014, 8:33am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +1,308
Gold Stars: 24

"win a few and he's the messiah" - simply not true. One thing that is absolutely clear is that most people's view of hurst is now deeply ingrained and is not altered by a few results. Whether they be good or bad. I'm trying hard to remember a manager who has split the fans in this way and I've been supporting town for 30 odd years. Slade, perhaps.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 86
jonnyboy82
November 30, 2014, 8:36am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from jimgtfc

incorrect.

if you get 7 in a jar by my logic that means he wouldnt get one in unless he opened a second jar and im afraid there was no mention of a second jar.

unlucky.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 86
ackomariner
November 30, 2014, 8:39am

Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from cardiffmariner

"win a few and he's the messiah" - simply not true. One thing that is absolutely clear is that most people's view of hurst is now deeply ingrained and is not altered by a few good results. Whether they be good or bad. I'm trying hard to remember a manager who has split the fans in this way and I've been supporting town for 30 odd years. Slade, perhaps.

This

Sad but true....

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 86
ginnywings
November 30, 2014, 8:58am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548

"win a few and he's the messiah" - simply not true. One thing that is absolutely clear is that most people's view of hurst is now deeply ingrained and is not altered by a few results. Whether they be good or bad. I'm trying hard to remember a manager who has split the fans in this way and I've been supporting town for 30 odd years. Slade, perhaps.

Slade divided fans in the same way. That was the last time i voluntarily missed a few games because of the football on show.

Both are nearly men
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 86
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 30, 2014, 9:15am
Special Brew Drinker

To draw away against the bottom club in the league is an awful result. It is no good getting the ball down and playing and having the edge if you throw away 2 points like yesterday and Altrincham. It would surely have dawned on PH or any other manager in that situation that either a) his tactics need to change so that a goalscorer can be played in the same side as LJL or b) if he wants to keep the same tactics he needs to replace LJL with a better finisher.

It would help if PH was honest with fans for once and admitted that his 4-3-3 really is 4-5-1. Packing the midfield does indeed allow Town to get the ball down and play but it removes a cutting edge up front. If they fail to get an early goal it gets harder and harder for that one striker to operate and for midfielders to make supporting runs as the game goes on and the pressure is on the defence. If they do get a goal early on the temptation is to sit even further back and leave the striker completely isolated.

Actually I do like 4-3-3 because it can be the most deadly and attractive system. The best I personally saw it played was the Everton side of the late 1960s with Ball, Kendall and Harvey but it does depend very much on having some 90 minute human dynamos in midfield and at this level .......?

No doubt I will be reminded how many LJL has scored but if he is going to be the one and only striker left up on his own for long periods, he is going to have to score an awful lot more.

Private Message
Reply: 49 - 86
Trawler
November 30, 2014, 9:33am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +33 / -4
Approval: +915
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

If you're not using your season ticket how about letting some of the less fortunate on here use it. There are plenty of diehard fans here and elsewhere who would go week in week out if only they could afford it.

"Pound for pound, and class for class, the best football team I have seen in England since the war. In the league they were in they played football nobody else could play. Everything was measured, planned and perfected and you could not wish to see more entertaining football." Bill Shankly, Manager GTFC 1951-54
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 86
barralad
November 30, 2014, 9:34am
Mariners Trust

To draw away against the bottom club in the league is an awful result. It is no good getting the ball down and playing and having the edge if you throw away 2 points like yesterday and Altrincham. It would surely have dawned on PH or any other manager in that situation that either a) his tactics need to change so that a goalscorer can be played in the same side as LJL or b) if he wants to keep the same tactics he needs to replace LJL with a better finisher.

It would help if PH was honest with fans for once and admitted that his 4-3-3 really is 4-5-1. Packing the midfield does indeed allow Town to get the ball down and play but it removes a cutting edge up front. If they fail to get an early goal it gets harder and harder for that one striker to operate and for midfielders to make supporting runs as the game goes on and the pressure is on the defence. If they do get a goal early on the temptation is to sit even further back and leave the striker completely isolated.

Actually I do like 4-3-3 because it can be the most deadly and attractive system. The best I personally saw it played was the Everton side of the late 1960s with Ball, Kendall and Harvey but it does depend very much on having some 90 minute human dynamos in midfield and at this level .......?

No doubt I will be reminded how many LJL has scored but if he is going to be the one and only striker left up on his own for long periods, he is going to have to score an awful lot more.

Well it definitely wasn't 4-5-1 yesterday more 4-4-2. The last game we won 3-1 playing the same formation. There was no "isolation of the striker" yesterday. We created three very good chances in the first 15 minutes. Those chances were created by some excellent interplay between LJL and Pittman. Hannah and LJL after the substitutions presented nothing like the threat. Pittman and LJL will see us OK I'm convinced of that-providing of course the latter can stay fit.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 86
friskneymariner
November 30, 2014, 9:34am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,157
Gold Stars: 38
It not just about the result,its about the same thing that keeps occurring match after match,i.e failing to win games we should have,that is eventually going to be Hurst's downfall.
He fails (or is too obdurate) to address the problem that our strikers are just not good enough.

This has been apparent from the beginning of the season and he has repeatedly failed to address it.This is what fans are frustrated with.Saying that I have been supporting Town for fifty years and I would not dream of not going to a home match.
I will still be supporting Town long after Hurst is a distant memory,but I fear his stubbornness in not addressing the problems, which are apparent to a 12 year old will result in us missing out on promotion for another year. Surely this must be obvious to the pro-Hurst brigade.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 86
grimsby pete
November 30, 2014, 10:01am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
I think Hurst has convinced a few fans that we are 2nd in the league,

Our true position will appear in the next two weeks when the teams around us play their games in hand,

We will be 5th if the other teams get the points they should,

That is about our true position,

We will end the season about 5th or 6th imo,

Unless either we sign that striker who will turn our draws into wins,

Or Hamish is that man we have been looking for all season,

I hope Hamish is that man because if he is not,

I can not see us finding the striker we badly need,

Fenty will not sack Hurst until the end of the season,(if we fail again in the play offs )

So until then he has my full support as do the players,

He went with 4-4-2 yesterday but he did not get us the goals we needed,

I hope he sticks with it because we have a better chance of winning theses type of games than reverting back to the 4-5-1 formation,

Christmas time will give us a true idea of what we have got to look forward to for the rest of the season,

Macclesfield twice and Lincoln at home will be very important games for us,

Then we have Barnet twice in just over a month,

So we have lots to look forward to,

Lets hope after all those games Hurst can say,

" The last time I looked, we were 2nd in the league "

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 86
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 30, 2014, 10:20am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from barralad

Well it definitely wasn't 4-5-1 yesterday more 4-4-2. The last game we won 3-1 playing the same formation. There was no "isolation of the striker" yesterday. We created three very good chances in the first 15 minutes. Those chances were created by some excellent interplay between LJL and Pittman. Hannah and LJL after the substitutions presented nothing like the threat. Pittman and LJL will see us OK I'm convinced of that-providing of course the latter can stay fit.

I quite accept that Barra. I'm not saying Hannah (or Pittman) is the answer. The problem is not that we created 3 good early chances but that we didn't take any of them. The same applied against several other teams including Woking. Once we fail to get that lead (or even if we get a 1 goal lead) we fade and sink backwards leaving LJL on his own up there. It's a repeated pattern isn't it? In the end we won 3-1 because Woking gifted two chances one of which my granny could have scored and she's been dead for years. Earlier chances that could have made it an easy stroll were spurned as has been the case in far too many games.

Private Message
Reply: 54 - 86
cardiffmariner
November 30, 2014, 10:42am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +1,308
Gold Stars: 24
Quoted from ginnywings

Slade divided fans in the same way. That was the last time i voluntarily missed a few games because of the football on show.

Both are nearly men

I take your point ginny  but a bit harsh to describe Slade as a nearly man when you look at who he has manged and at what level. Particularly when you consider where he is now. IMHO hurst will never have the ability to manage outside of this division.

I still struggle to understand why Slade played such uninspiring football with us yet has gone to produce entertaining and relatively successful teams elsewhere.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 86
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 30, 2014, 11:07am
Special Brew Drinker

I take your point ginny  but a bit harsh to describe Slade as a nearly man when you look at who he has manged and at what level. Particularly when you consider where he is now. IMHO hurst will never have the ability to manage outside of this division.

I still struggle to understand why Slade played such uninspiring football with us yet has gone to produce entertaining and relatively successful teams elsewhere.

Slade was/is an intelligent manager. His first season had some really good football in it but it got nowhere so he changed the style to what he thought would get the team out of the division. It very nearly did, didn't it? Slade is like Dave Penney who took Doncaster out of the Conference and into League 1. He brought in the biggest cloggers he could find to start with and they kicked their way out of the Conference but then he changed the style and the players to suit League 2.

Would I approve? The footballer in me says NO but the Mariner in me says YES - get us out of this league any way you can.

Private Message
Reply: 56 - 86
moosey_club
November 30, 2014, 12:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,199
Gold Stars: 224
Slades football was entertaining IMO, all helped by having quality strikers, 2 banks of four, very solid and hardworking, a little flair in places but proper, real pace up top, its a blue print used by teams at the top level. When we broke the crowd got excited cos we knew what was coming.
Break now and we have Neilson largely running into dead ends, Makreth trying to go outside and getting eased out of it, Hannah offside, LJL fluffing....i only feel slighty confident when its the Pope breaking through and even he fluffed yesterday.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 86
louth_in_the_south
November 30, 2014, 1:46pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +5,651
Gold Stars: 94
I'm not a PH fan and I'd be interested to know which of his managers as a player was the biggest influence on him as this could answer a few questions , but he can't be responsible for players missing sitters yesterday that would've put the game to bed before they scored .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 86
November 30, 2014, 2:56pm
Guest User
would we have Buckley back, would he come back?? I just wonder what he could do with this squad of players??? Has he been asked for  his help or views ?  on the radio he seems to say what the fans are seeing and saying!!!!! i am not saying bring him back again, but i would use his experience.
Reply: 59 - 86
Mariner Timsky
November 30, 2014, 6:16pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,533
Gold Stars: 4
Yesterdays game was all about us taking our chances, , ,yes I missed the first half but a lot of Town fans around me was saying we should of had at least 2 before they got that goal, , , and thats what a footy game is all about, , ,taking your chances! And yesterday we didnt take ours, , , ,yes we should of won but we didnt, , , we got a point on the road and we move on, , ,we will improve and we have goals in us, , , if Lenny or an other had bagged a winner in front of us lot yesterday we would all be happy!

Still plenty of games to go, , including Barnet twice, ,  both games I am defo looking forward to , , , UTMM

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 86
ackomariner
November 30, 2014, 6:41pm

Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Mariner Timsky
Yesterdays game was all about us taking our chances, , ,yes I missed the first half but a lot of Town fans around me was saying we should of had at least 2 before they got that goal, , , and thats what a footy game is all about, , ,taking your chances! And yesterday we didnt take ours, , , ,yes we should of won but we didnt, , , we got a point on the road and we move on, , ,we will improve and we have goals in us, , , if Lenny or an other had bagged a winner in front of us lot yesterday we would all be happy!

Still plenty of games to go, , including Barnet twice, ,  both games I am defo looking forward to , , , UTMM

Please tell me when we're going to get better....been waiting since last Christmas.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 86
MyDogsThoughts
November 30, 2014, 6:47pm

Woof Woof!!!
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +43 / -12
Approval: +38
Quoted from Sir Matt Tease
Well that's me done with visiting Blundell Park until this so called manager is gone !

Another crap display against a bunch of part time no hoper's.

I have not missed a home game all season and have also attended my fair share of away games, always supporting the side and only venting my unhappiness on here, never to the players. That is now over until he has gone ! I refuse to waste £18 of my hard earned cash watching this drivel.

Someone asked on here a few days ago what had happened to the crowds at BP ? After today's shambolic result you have your answer !

Another long season in the conference beckons next year.

You were not even at the game!

Why post this unless you want to make even more people stop going to watch us play. Don't go if you do not want too, but do not come on here with your negative thoughts straight after a game you did not even witness.

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0viO-Dm52sM/Rz9JfAGEp6I/AAAAAAAAD8Y/QB-YolLcMJ8/s320/big%2Bbones.jpg[/img]

"I Love Bones, But I Think I'll Lick My Balls Now"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 86
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 30, 2014, 7:03pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Mariner Timsky

I admire your optimism.

Private Message
Reply: 63 - 86
barralad
November 30, 2014, 7:30pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from ackomariner

Please tell me when we're going to get better....been waiting since last Christmas.

I honestly think that the more time LJL and Pittman get together the improvement will come in our attacking fortunes. There were real signs yesterday...Two months ago we wouldn't have been creating three clear cut chances in the first fifteen minutes. I cannot even say it was that bad from a finishing point of view. The keeper made a great save for the first. Pittman's was all about determination and it was down to bad luck it didn't go in and don't even get me started (again!) on the third which hit the keeper when he was going the opposite way...

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 86
Lincoln Mariner 56
November 30, 2014, 11:37pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Trawler

If you're not using your season ticket how about letting some of the less fortunate on here use it. There are plenty of diehard fans here and elsewhere who would go week in week out if only they could afford it.

Already been used by another town fan I know otherwise I would have gladly shared it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 86
mrsd
November 30, 2014, 11:43pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Approval: +144
Quoted from 4055
would we have Buckley back, would he come back?? I just wonder what he could do with this squad of players??? Has he been asked for  his help or views ?  on the radio he seems to say what the fans are seeing and saying!!!!! i am not saying bring him back again, but i would use his experience.

NOOOOOOOOOOO
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 86
Abdul19
December 1, 2014, 1:09am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,513
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from mrsd

NOOOOOOOOOOO

The same, but with possibly more o's.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 86
DocTower
December 1, 2014, 7:39am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Quoted from 4055

I see by your comment 6 crosses and 2 ticks .  Would he , should he , could he . Advisory role ? someone who's been there and done it , wonder where Doig fits in though .
Like you said listening to him on the radio on Tuesday it was the voice and comments of a manager . Could he do anything with this squad to make play more entertaining football ? probably . Would his advice be listened to by Hurst ? I doubt it  . He was asked if any of this team would get into his 98 squad . Interestingly only two , Pearson a Lever type player and Nielson .  As regards to post match interviews , some people can get away with dry comments some can't , there's right times and wrong times trying to be clever .  Alienated alot of fans due to this .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 86
mariner91
December 1, 2014, 8:20am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,575
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from DocTower

I see by your comment 6 crosses and 2 ticks .  Would he , should he , could he . Advisory role ? someone who's been there and done it , wonder where Doig fits in though .
Like you said listening to him on the radio on Tuesday it was the voice and comments of a manager . Could he do anything with this squad to make play more entertaining football ? probably . Would his advice be listened to by Hurst ? I doubt it  . He was asked if any of this team would get into his 98 squad . Interestingly only two , Pearson a Lever type player and Nielson .  As regards to post match interviews , some people can get away with dry comments some can't , there's right times and wrong times trying to be clever .  Alienated alot of fans due to this .

Hardly surprising, they were two leagues above this level.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 86
highcliff mariner
December 1, 2014, 8:20am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -3
Approval: +778
Quoted from MyDogsThoughts

Why post this unless you want to make even more people stop going to watch us play. Don't go if you do not want too, but do not come on here with your negative thoughts straight after a game you did not even witness.

good post Dog, I had to work Sat so listened on the app thingy grrrr, Only just looked at the forum ., lovin the optimistic outlook  of Timsky (why did ya miss the 1st half ?) Tagg keep the faith ya never know Hamish may turn out to be a goalscorer.Generally dont feel as drunk off as i did Sat . TRRFC your thoughts , echo mine exactly ! Cant wait for the next game , come on Jonny IF we do it this year You will only be drunk off that you missed our Promo season . UTM
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 86
MyDogsThoughts
December 1, 2014, 8:40am

Woof Woof!!!
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from highcliff mariner

good post Dog, I had to work Sat so listened on the app thingy grrrr, Only just looked at the forum ., lovin the optimistic outlook  of Timsky (why did ya miss the 1st half ?) Tagg keep the faith ya never know Hamish may turn out to be a goalscorer.Generally dont feel as drunk off as i did Sat . TRRFC your thoughts , echo mine exactly ! Cant wait for the next game , come on Jonny IF we do it this year You will only be drunk off that you missed our Promo season . UTM

http://www.thefishy.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/Blah.pl?m-1417378853/

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0viO-Dm52sM/Rz9JfAGEp6I/AAAAAAAAD8Y/QB-YolLcMJ8/s320/big%2Bbones.jpg[/img]

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 86
Sir Matt Tease
December 1, 2014, 9:18am
Snakebite drinker

[/quote]

I have seen more than enough games this season to know that this guy will not get us promoted. It is not me that is stopping people attending, it is the quality of football on offer and that is why crowds are dwindling !

This is another "If you don't agree with the pro Hurst mafia, stay off this site post"

I will always state my opinion wether you like it or not !

I suggest you stick to dog's !!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 86
DocTower
December 1, 2014, 9:20am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from mariner91

Hardly surprising, they were two leagues above this level.

Remember where AB brought players in from and turned them into proper footballers Tillson Cockrill Alexanda to name just a few . They are there , they can progress with the right coaching .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 86
MyDogsThoughts
December 1, 2014, 10:04am

Woof Woof!!!
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Sir Matt Tease

I have seen more than enough games this season to know that this guy will not get us promoted. It is not me that is stopping people attending, it is the quality of football on offer and that is why crowds are dwindling !

This is another "If you don't agree with the pro Hurst mafia, stay off this site post"

I suggest you stick to dog's !!!!![/quote]

Calm down Sir Matt, you would have scored at least two goals (like you always did in the good old days) if you'd been on the pitch.

Bit I will repeat, please look and listen to the highlights.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 86
December 1, 2014, 3:32pm
Guest User
why not use Buckleys  knowledge/experience , whats the problem?  you very rarely learn by not asking questions.Doc Tower was right AB developed players.
Reply: 75 - 86
fleabag1970
December 1, 2014, 3:50pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
ARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGG  Alan buckley is in the Past !!!  I'm waiting for the Bring Macmenamy back brigade to strike up . Alan had is chance the 3rd time around and couldnt improve the team . That said he will always probably be GTFC's most successful manager .

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 86
DocTower
December 1, 2014, 4:00pm
Cocktail Drinker
The same way that Crewes Dari OGardy did and still does . We are in a strange position , 2nd in a poor league , scrapping results more by luck than anything else . So any ideas should be thought of as constructive however one wants to look at it .
Everyone has a wish list for our club , us older ones have great memories of matches and the wonderful football we played . It's very very sad what we have now and to see how far we have fallen .
Call for the managers head  if that's your wish , I really don't know anymore . I know I'm not enjoying watching football in general .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 86
fleabag1970
December 1, 2014, 4:10pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Crewe arnt pulling up trees , perhaps he has stayed too long?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 86
DocTower
December 1, 2014, 4:16pm
Cocktail Drinker
If we are playing Crewe in this division next season I will let you tell me " I told you so "
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 86
Abdul19
December 1, 2014, 4:39pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,513
Gold Stars: 215
Never mind how many of the current team would get into the AB's 98 side, how many of them would get into his last ever side?! (I'd say 10)

P Barnes, R Bennett, M Heywood, T Newey, J Vidal, N Hegarty (S Heslop, 29), J Hunt, C Llewellyn (D North, 51), P Till, N Jarman, D Boshell

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 86
fleabag1970
December 1, 2014, 6:08pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Apart from Bennet , Bosh and Till ( on a good day)  none would get in Towns Team now

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 86
lee65
December 1, 2014, 6:15pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,480
That was a poor team  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 86
Sir Matt Tease
December 1, 2014, 6:29pm
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from MyDogsThoughts

I suggest you stick to dog's !!!!!

Calm down Sir Matt, you would have scored at least two goals (like you always did in the good old days) if you'd been on the pitch.

Bit I will repeat, please look and listen to the highlights.

[/quote]

Ok, watched the highlights and you are right, we should have won. But how many times have we said that this season and how many points have we squandered as a result ?

This was not a one off, we have done this many times this season and that is what will ultimately cost us promotion !

Sir Matt would have buried at least three of those chances !!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 86
cmackenzie4
December 1, 2014, 6:34pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,335
Gold Stars: 33
Bring back Mcmenemy!  

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 86
LH
December 1, 2014, 8:06pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,462
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from Abdul19
Never mind how many of the current team would get into the AB's 98 side, how many of them would get into his last ever side?! (I'd say 10)

P Barnes, R Bennett, M Heywood, T Newey, J Vidal, N Hegarty (S Heslop, 29), J Hunt, C Llewellyn (D North, 51), P Till, N Jarman, D Boshell

Imagine how well local tanning shops and hairdressers would do with Peter Till and Scott Neilson on the wings at Town.
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 86
LongEatonMariner
December 2, 2014, 8:49am
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from Abdul19

Bennett and Newey (yes Newey!) are the only two - birth performed well higher up the leagues after leaving us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 86
9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What a shambles !

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.