Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What a shambles !
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 368 Guests

What a shambles !

This thread currently has 9,620 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
LookBackInAngers
November 29, 2014, 9:52pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +93
Do people think that there is a queue of wonderful top calibre managers ready and willing to takeover at BP and serve us up a diet of thrilling total football?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 86
moosey_club
November 29, 2014, 9:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220

But ultimately the question to ask is why Grimsby Town is not consistently winning games against sides that should be brushed aside by 2 or 3 clear goals. If the team was to do that most fans would forgive any sort of style of play.

Simple -  LJL's total is respectable but in reality he misses around 5 for everyone he scores and has been the focal point so far (last two games aside)
We simply dont have suitable firepower.
This was known last season, it was the priority in the summer but
never happened,
it was priority in pre season but
never happened,
we grabbed Pittman last minute (a good acquisition i think if he stays injury free),
we were told we would have another before the season started...
never happened....
we were told we would have one on loan within a couple of weeks of the season starting..
.never happened...
we have enquired/tried 28(?)
not happened...
we have now recruited Hamish, an unknown entity really, on a short term contract....January is not too far away so Hamish has a very narrow window to prove to Hurst/himself/us that he is the answer or it turns to..
will we be able to recruit a proven goalscorer in the January window ?

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 86
Lincoln Mariner 56
November 29, 2014, 10:04pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,511
Gold Stars: 64
Quoted from LookBackInAngers
Do people think that there is a queue of wonderful top calibre managers ready and willing to takeover at BP and serve us up a diet of thrilling total football?

No not a queue but there will be options. However, with town in second place I am not naieve enough to believe PH is in danger of losing his job, but whilst he remains I believe there will be a continued reduction in our average home attendance even if we keep in the top two places.

If at the end of the season we go up he will be able to justify his approach, anything else will for many not be acceptable. For the last two years we have made the play offs and not looked like getting a full house for the home leg, that in itself says alot about how many town fans feel about the type of football on offer.

I hope he succeeds cos that will mean town have succeeded and despite everythin we all say ultimatel that is all we want. How many will turn up to watch us achieve that will though be heavily influenced by how we perceive we are being entertained.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 86
barralad
November 29, 2014, 10:29pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,195
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from jonnyboy82

jimmy let me tell you this...

unfortunatley for people like you there are still some grimsby town fans that can see the bigger picture which happens to involve paul hurst not managing this club..

some including myself will stay away and as much as it annoys you its our way of saying i wont pay another bean watching the same old same old and then having to listen to the most ridicoulous post match interviews..

i have earned my absence thankyou very much!

Out of all the things that some of those who want Hurst gone come out with this is the one that makes me smile most. This belief that somehow only "they" can see the bigger picture. Hilarious!

Anyway, haven't you got some sausages to be measuring for fitting?

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 86
barralad
November 29, 2014, 10:31pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from jimgtfc

It's really not... Yeah let's all not bother turning up for games any more.... jesus

I think you'll find that is a contender for Post of the Day...

Anyhow Codger you probably wouldn't turn up for the vote!

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 86
jonnyboy82
November 29, 2014, 10:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.29
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,683
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from barralad

Out of all the things that some of those who want Hurst gone come out with this is the one that makes me smile most. This belief that somehow only "they" can see the bigger picture. Hilarious!

Anyway, haven't you got some sausages to be measuring for fitting?

On the ratio LJL misses at least 7 chances for every goal i think the hotdog will be safe.

re the bigger picture all we can go on i suppose is pauls record at our club and i know paul wont take us up were as you hope he will and the odds are in my favour..

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 86
barralad
November 29, 2014, 10:52pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from jonnyboy82

On the ratio LJL misses at least 7 chances for every goal i think the hotdog will be safe.

re the bigger picture all we can go on i suppose is pauls record at our club and i know paul wont take us up were as you hope he will and the odds are in my favour..

I'd be interested in seeing the mathematical data that's behind that statement...just on Tuesday night alone it means he must have had 14 chances!

The bratwurst is coming......

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 86
jonnyboy82
November 29, 2014, 10:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.29
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,683
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from barralad

I'd be interested in seeing the mathematical data that's behind that statement...just on Tuesday night alone it means he must have had 14 chances!

The bratwurst is coming......

well if it does happen then LJL is welcome to insert the bratwurst as that means i have a chance of him missing the target hole.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 86
vuvuzela_hater
November 29, 2014, 11:02pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +46
I go to every game, home and away.  and all I can see is that we're second in the league.  Better prospects than the last few years.  time will tell how long we're in the mickey mouse cup for, but I think that will be the make or break.  Yes, hurst is negative, but I also believe his philosophy of 'win the home games, don't lose the away games, and you'll win the league'.  My opinion is PH has got it wrong with LJL, but they've built the team around him, and there's no turning back now.   From what I've seen, we play attractive football, but with no end product.  All it takes is a bit of a confidence boost with a couple of players and we'll be flying.  We are second in the league and according to most, we're playing excrement!  not a bad position to be in imho.    we're on the up.   keep the faith.   UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 86
pontoonlew
November 29, 2014, 11:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,721
Gold Stars: 163
That's all well and good, but ignoring basic errors all season only sets you up for dissapointment in the play offs.

Again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 86
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What a shambles !

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.