Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What a shambles !
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 140 Guests

What a shambles !

This thread currently has 9,617 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Mariner Timsky
November 30, 2014, 6:16pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,535
Gold Stars: 4
Yesterdays game was all about us taking our chances, , ,yes I missed the first half but a lot of Town fans around me was saying we should of had at least 2 before they got that goal, , , and thats what a footy game is all about, , ,taking your chances! And yesterday we didnt take ours, , , ,yes we should of won but we didnt, , , we got a point on the road and we move on, , ,we will improve and we have goals in us, , , if Lenny or an other had bagged a winner in front of us lot yesterday we would all be happy!

Still plenty of games to go, , including Barnet twice, ,  both games I am defo looking forward to , , , UTMM

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 86
ackomariner
November 30, 2014, 6:41pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Mariner Timsky
Yesterdays game was all about us taking our chances, , ,yes I missed the first half but a lot of Town fans around me was saying we should of had at least 2 before they got that goal, , , and thats what a footy game is all about, , ,taking your chances! And yesterday we didnt take ours, , , ,yes we should of won but we didnt, , , we got a point on the road and we move on, , ,we will improve and we have goals in us, , , if Lenny or an other had bagged a winner in front of us lot yesterday we would all be happy!

Still plenty of games to go, , including Barnet twice, ,  both games I am defo looking forward to , , , UTMM

Please tell me when we're going to get better....been waiting since last Christmas.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 86
MyDogsThoughts
November 30, 2014, 6:47pm

Woof Woof!!!
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +43 / -12
Approval: +38
Quoted from Sir Matt Tease
Well that's me done with visiting Blundell Park until this so called manager is gone !

Another crap display against a bunch of part time no hoper's.

I have not missed a home game all season and have also attended my fair share of away games, always supporting the side and only venting my unhappiness on here, never to the players. That is now over until he has gone ! I refuse to waste £18 of my hard earned cash watching this drivel.

Someone asked on here a few days ago what had happened to the crowds at BP ? After today's shambolic result you have your answer !

Another long season in the conference beckons next year.

You were not even at the game!

Why post this unless you want to make even more people stop going to watch us play. Don't go if you do not want too, but do not come on here with your negative thoughts straight after a game you did not even witness.

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0viO-Dm52sM/Rz9JfAGEp6I/AAAAAAAAD8Y/QB-YolLcMJ8/s320/big%2Bbones.jpg[/img]

"I Love Bones, But I Think I'll Lick My Balls Now"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 86
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 30, 2014, 7:03pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Mariner Timsky

I admire your optimism.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 86
barralad
November 30, 2014, 7:30pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,195
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from ackomariner

Please tell me when we're going to get better....been waiting since last Christmas.

I honestly think that the more time LJL and Pittman get together the improvement will come in our attacking fortunes. There were real signs yesterday...Two months ago we wouldn't have been creating three clear cut chances in the first fifteen minutes. I cannot even say it was that bad from a finishing point of view. The keeper made a great save for the first. Pittman's was all about determination and it was down to bad luck it didn't go in and don't even get me started (again!) on the third which hit the keeper when he was going the opposite way...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 86
Lincoln Mariner 56
November 30, 2014, 11:37pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,510
Gold Stars: 64
Quoted from Trawler

If you're not using your season ticket how about letting some of the less fortunate on here use it. There are plenty of diehard fans here and elsewhere who would go week in week out if only they could afford it.

Already been used by another town fan I know otherwise I would have gladly shared it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 86
mrsd
November 30, 2014, 11:43pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +144
Quoted from 4055
would we have Buckley back, would he come back?? I just wonder what he could do with this squad of players??? Has he been asked for  his help or views ?  on the radio he seems to say what the fans are seeing and saying!!!!! i am not saying bring him back again, but i would use his experience.

NOOOOOOOOOOO
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 86
Abdul19
December 1, 2014, 1:09am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 214
Quoted from mrsd

NOOOOOOOOOOO

The same, but with possibly more o's.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 86
DocTower
December 1, 2014, 7:39am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Quoted from 4055
would we have Buckley back, would he come back?? I just wonder what he could do with this squad of players??? Has he been asked for  his help or views ?  on the radio he seems to say what the fans are seeing and saying!!!!! i am not saying bring him back again, but i would use his experience.

I see by your comment 6 crosses and 2 ticks .  Would he , should he , could he . Advisory role ? someone who's been there and done it , wonder where Doig fits in though .
Like you said listening to him on the radio on Tuesday it was the voice and comments of a manager . Could he do anything with this squad to make play more entertaining football ? probably . Would his advice be listened to by Hurst ? I doubt it  . He was asked if any of this team would get into his 98 squad . Interestingly only two , Pearson a Lever type player and Nielson .  As regards to post match interviews , some people can get away with dry comments some can't , there's right times and wrong times trying to be clever .  Alienated alot of fans due to this .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 86
mariner91
December 1, 2014, 8:20am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,249
Gold Stars: 253
Quoted from DocTower

I see by your comment 6 crosses and 2 ticks .  Would he , should he , could he . Advisory role ? someone who's been there and done it , wonder where Doig fits in though .
Like you said listening to him on the radio on Tuesday it was the voice and comments of a manager . Could he do anything with this squad to make play more entertaining football ? probably . Would his advice be listened to by Hurst ? I doubt it  . He was asked if any of this team would get into his 98 squad . Interestingly only two , Pearson a Lever type player and Nielson .  As regards to post match interviews , some people can get away with dry comments some can't , there's right times and wrong times trying to be clever .  Alienated alot of fans due to this .

Hardly surprising, they were two leagues above this level.

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 86
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What a shambles !

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.