Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What a shambles !
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 286 Guests

What a shambles !

This thread currently has 9,679 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
TAGG
November 29, 2014, 8:31pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,962
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from Tony_GTFC
Grimsby fans dont deserve to go up. They are too negative and dont support the team.

balderdash    
I deserve to go up.I'm not negative in thinking being League Champs is the only option & I will be there the next game to support the team

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 86
Lincoln Mariner 56
November 29, 2014, 8:43pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,688
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from jimgtfc

Loyal? Even the ones who say they're not going to games until Hurst is out? Really? There's 3000 odd loyal, the rest (like you and the OP) sadly are not.

How do you judge loyalty? It is not the same as stupidity. I have, until the Southport game, been attending for 50 years and as such have taken the rough with the smooth. But in all those years I have never been so bored as I have watching town under PH. I can count the entertaining matches on one hand. If he, by these tactics, succeeds and gets us promoted he will have been proved right in his approach. I do not believe he will, but hope he proves me wrong, but either way my season ticket will not be used again whilst he is in charge. That may be disloyal but its that or lose my sanity watching his inept tactics cost countless home points.

As Ginny said in a post earlier this week his attitude to the fans and his tactical approach mean every "average" performance brings heaps of criticism which I accept is not always deserved on that sole performance but is in reality the fans expressing their frustration on 18 months plus of watching very sverage football.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 86
MuddyWaters
November 29, 2014, 8:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

How do you judge loyalty? It is not the same as stupidity. I have, until the Southport game, been attending for 50 years and as such have taken the rough with the smooth. But in all those years I have never been so bored as I have watching town under PH. I can count the entertaining matches on one hand. If he, by these tactics, succeeds and gets us promoted he will have been proved right in his approach. I do not believe he will, but hope he proves me wrong, but either way my season ticket will not be used again whilst he is in charge. That may be disloyal but its that or lose my sanity watching his inept tactics cost countless home points.

As Ginny said in a post earlier this week his attitude to the fans and his tactical approach mean every "average" performance brings heaps of criticism which I accept is not always deserved on that sole performance but is in reality the fans expressing their frustration on 18 months plus of watching very sverage football.

And that, fellow fishy people, is Post of the Day
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 86
Mariner Ronnie
November 29, 2014, 8:50pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from MuddyWaters

maybe i could sum this thread up with a picture

[img]http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130710154045/cardfight/images/thumb/6/60/Facepalm.png/463px-Facepalm.png[/img]

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 86
jimgtfc
November 29, 2014, 8:55pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,094
Gold Stars: 45
You bought a season ticket for a non league team, that's kind of what you get. Value for money? Probably not, but it's par for the course at this level. You say it's the worst football you've seen. Don't you think that's because we're at our lowest level since you've been watching.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 86
jimgtfc
November 29, 2014, 8:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,094
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from MuddyWaters

It's really not... Yeah let's all not bother turning up for games any more.... jesus

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 86
Lincoln Mariner 56
November 29, 2014, 9:07pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,688
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from jimgtfc
You bought a season ticket for a non league team, that's kind of what you get. Value for money? Probably not, but it's par for the course at this level. You say it's the worst football you've seen. Don't you think that's because we're at our level since you've been watching.

Not at all, I would accept that the lack of away fans and the consequent reduction in the overall atmosphere within BP does not help but I recall saying to my brother when we went out the league that at least we would, hopefully in future, be watching a side that sits near the top and not the bottom of the league. In reality, whilst i am not petty enough to argue that being second is not ok in itself the frustration is a) the amount of points lost particularly to mediocre teams at home and b) the overall quality of the entertainment on offer even when we have won.

I have said previously losses like Huddersfield, Macclesfield at home last year and Lincoln away this year are, despite the disappointment, acceptable IMO as they were enjoyable matches to watch. I do not expect a classic every week but going home entertained every other game would be nice whereas, IMO, it is more like once in every five to six home games. At approaching 60 I have had enough but pray I am wrong and that the PH fans are proved right and this is the year we return to the league.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 86
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 29, 2014, 9:26pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from jimgtfc
You bought a season ticket for a non league team, that's kind of what you get. Value for money? Probably not, but it's par for the course at this level. You say it's the worst football you've seen. Don't you think that's because we're at our lowest level since you've been watching.

No, he bought a season ticket for Grimsby Town who happen to be in the Conference. There is a subtle difference there. Also York were promoted out of the league playing football that most people thought was very good. So did Luton of course and .... we could go on.

But ultimately the question to ask is why Grimsby Town is not consistently winning games against sides that should be brushed aside by 2 or 3 clear goals. If the team was to do that most fans would forgive any sort of style of play.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 86
jonnyboy82
November 29, 2014, 9:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from jimgtfc

Loyal? Even the ones who say they're not going to games until Hurst is out? Really? There's 3000 odd loyal, the rest (like you and the OP) sadly are not.

jimmy let me tell you this...

unfortunatley for people like you there are still some grimsby town fans that can see the bigger picture which happens to involve paul hurst not managing this club..

some including myself will stay away and as much as it annoys you its our way of saying i wont pay another bean watching the same old same old and then having to listen to the most ridicoulous post match interviews..

i have earned my absence thankyou very much!

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 86
pontoonlew
November 29, 2014, 9:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +8,998
Gold Stars: 174
If people were happy to watch shite football matches just to watch 'results' football would've died a death many many years ago.

Try telling Hurst that...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 86
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What a shambles !

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.