Rodley Mariner
November 17, 2014, 7:12pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from 2578

Just calm yourself down old rodders, let's put things into perspective on here, The way he's being condemned on here you would think he was the kind of psycho hiding down a passageway with a balaclava on his head and a knife in his hand waiting for her.
Having read the evidence I strongly believe he is innocent and I believe he will eventually be found not guilty, I hope you will be man enough to come on here and apologise when this will happen.

What on earth would I have to apologise for?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 101
barralad
November 17, 2014, 8:42pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,299
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from 2578

Just calm yourself down old rodders, let's put things into perspective on here, The way he's being condemned on here you would think he was the kind of psycho hiding down a passageway with a balaclava on his head and a knife in his hand waiting for her.
Having read the evidence I strongly believe he is innocent and I believe he will eventually be found not guilty, I hope you will be man enough to come on here and apologise when this will happen.

The perspective surely is that with Evans we are not at the situation where he is suffering trial by media-before his actual trial. He has been found guilty under the world renowned British justice system of a particularly nasty crime against the person. The condemnation comes for that reason.  Am I right in thinking that he has already appealed once and that was overturned? I haven't read the evidence because my opinion on the case holds no water at all. The jury listened to the evidence including the evidence of the victim and their view was that he was guilty and, as far as the law is concerned that is all that matters. I strongly suspect that if he is eventually found innocent it will almost certainly be due to new evidence coming to light. Presumably at that point his legal team may have some apologising to do....

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 101
Theimperialcoroner
November 17, 2014, 8:45pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,269
Gold Stars: 102
I've removed a number of posts from this thread as they are totally inappropriate within the context of this site.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 101
barralad
November 17, 2014, 8:47pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
I've removed a number of posts from this thread as they are totally inappropriate within the context of this site.

I thought I was going mad....

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 101
BIGChris
November 17, 2014, 8:49pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from barralad

I thought I was going mad....

Actually.......
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 101
barralad
November 17, 2014, 8:50pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from BIGChris

Actually.......

Christ on a Bike-does a bloody alarm go off when I post something?

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 101
moosey_club
November 17, 2014, 9:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,298
Gold Stars: 226

" The way he's being condemned on here you would think he was the kind of psycho hiding down a passageway with a balaclava on his head and a knife in his hand waiting for her."

I always thought that was Dave Beasant back in the day ...The Beast in a Balaclava..

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 101
MarinerWY
November 18, 2014, 1:39am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,991
Gold Stars: 47
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner

That's 2 things started by the same poster within two days. Is there any follow-up to this? Personally despite finding the poster a horrible individual, I would let it stand - not one for censoring things, I have a huge amount of optimism in that the rest of the forum can prove that said poster's statements are bigoted and without any factual basis. But to simply remove the posts and pretend nothing has happened? Are you therefore:

1. Not tolerating discriminatory posts and removing those users who, like Gim74 persist in posts like these?
or
2. Trying to avoid any "out of acceptability" upset there is on The Fishy. Which to me sounds disingenuous, like you care about some legal reprecusions etc. rather than the morality of the horrendous excrement this individual is posting?

Because for me you either choose one or the other. Either you don't tolerate discriminatory posts, and warn the users that persisit, or you leave the Fishy crowd to dress them down and allow the majority to post a bunch of easily constructed arguments as to why the numptee's hate filled excrement is without reason or sense.

Personally I'm well on the side of free speech. Let em post and let those that disagree show exactly why, and difuse thier arguments. But it's all a bit weird what's happening now, if you're going to continually delete posts in a stand against racism etc. you need to reaffirm in it a forum consititution and ban the persistant offenders.

What now? We repeat every time the geezer posts? Let him post. He's a racist, rape-defending vile individual. But we can also deal with that ourselves, and I've enough faith that 99% of posters on here see what he is without the need for removed posts.
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 101
GrimRob
November 18, 2014, 7:50am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,446
Gold Stars: 114
Quoted from MarinerWY

That's 2 things started by the same poster within two days. Is there any follow-up to this? Personally despite finding the poster a horrible individual, I would let it stand - not one for censoring things, I have a huge amount of optimism in that the rest of the forum can prove that said poster's statements are bigoted and without any factual basis. But to simply remove the posts and pretend nothing has happened?

The individual in question can't post any more

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 68 - 101
WOZOFGRIMSBY
November 18, 2014, 7:56am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,979
Gold Stars: 184
Was it Wayne or Rattray again?

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 101
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › So Would You

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.