Rodley Mariner
November 13, 2014, 8:53pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
Quoted from 75
The 'evidence' against Evans was an utter joke. In fact, the evidence against him was exactly the same as that against our former centre back Clayton Macdonald. For one to be found innocent, the other guilty is ridiculous. The alleged victim was on twitter shortly after the incident claiming she was 'going to win big', she had also cried wolf before. Tons of inconsistencies, IMO it should never have gone to trial, never mind led to a conviction.

I'd welcome his signing but he's well out of our league I'm afraid.

That's just not true. The jury concluded the woman in question consented to sex with Mcdonald but not with Evans who turned up and joined in - the jury decided without any consent. Lots of people seem to have bought into the chedevans.com stuff without actually bothering to check the facts. I'm also unsure why people who've read bits in the media think they're so much better placed to judge his guilt or innocence than a jury which sat through weeks of evidence.

Re him signing I think it's a very complicated subject. I think he should be allowed to resume his career now he's served his time but I personally wouldn't want Town to sign him.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 101
Rodley Mariner
November 13, 2014, 8:54pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Rick12
Truth is any half self respecting women wouldent sexually liase with people unless there in a commited relationship.Says a lot about some women out there.

Well what a load of misogynistic nonsense that is.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 101
BIGChris
November 13, 2014, 8:54pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
I think the problems Sheffield United are experiencing means it would be a major issue.

Clubs are reliant upon income from sponsors. In our case if say, Youngs didnt want their product associated with a club who had signed a convicted rapist and withdrew their sponsorship that would be a big and avoidable loss.

Even if Youngs themselves didnt have concerns the people who buy their products may do. They stop buying and Youngs have to act.

Whatever the rights of wrong of the case the above makes it a no go for me
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 101
codcheeky
November 13, 2014, 9:01pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Rick12
Truth is any half self respecting women wouldent sexually liase with people unless there in a commited relationship.Says a lot about some women out there.

Would any self respecting man, or is that different? as a man i have nothing against women who enjoy sex, you are living in the dark ages with morals learnt from a hypocrit church, if you want this type of society you can go live in a muslim country
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 101
November 13, 2014, 9:04pm
Guest User
Quoted from codcheeky
as a man i have nothing against women who enjoy sex

I'm not having too much luck either !

Reply: 14 - 101
grimsby pete
November 13, 2014, 9:13pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

I thought that was a reasonable statement,

Some people have values and some do not,

I do not think this young lady was an innocent in this,

On the other hand Evans has shown what type of man he is,

Point of Law,

If the lady involved was too drunk to consent,

Then surely she was too drunk to say no,

Evans took advantage of that but does that make him a rapist,

The law says yes,

BUT

How come a few minutes earlier she was deemed to be sober enough to say yes to Clayton,

This is certainly not an open and shut case.

My final word on the subject is why even if Evans is guilty why can he not go back to work like any other ex convict.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 101
Rick12
November 13, 2014, 9:18pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

Know it reflects itself on the man as well(deleted the initial post for which I was to judgmental and harsh on) .But seriously in the line of work Iam in you see it all all the time and the distress it causes on the kids.Unwanted kids who suffer as a result of one night stands .

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 101
Rodley Mariner
November 13, 2014, 9:24pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete

If the lady involved was too drunk to consent,

Then surely she was too drunk to say no,

Evans took advantage of that but does that make him a rapist,

The law says yes,

If she was too drunk to speak and Evans took advantage of her then you don't think that constitutes rape? Like you say, the law does.

If you advocate the 'served his time' argument then presumably you'd feel the same if we signed a released paedophile?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 101
Rodley Mariner
November 13, 2014, 9:25pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Rick12
Know it reflects itself on the man as well(altered the initial the post for which I was to judgmental on women alone).But seriously in the line of work Iam in you see it all all the time and the distress it causes on the kids.Unwanted kids who suffer as a result of one night stands .

That's a pretty massive generalisation though Rick isn't it?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 101
tashee69
November 13, 2014, 9:30pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +28 / -4
Approval: +958
Gold Stars: 23
Is his case any worse than that of Lee Hughes, who got a league club after being released. A life was lost due to his stupidity.

Baldrick ! The only impression you can do is that of a man with no talent !!
GTFC team 09/10 - Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick.
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 101
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › So Would You

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.