11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Codswede
November 13, 2014, 11:11pm

Upper Findus
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +300
Am I right in understanding that she has never actually made any accusation of rape?

ATAW
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 101
Meza
November 13, 2014, 11:12pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,631
Gold Stars: 50
Rape is obviously a terrible terrible crime but having read this

"The trial took place at the Crown Court at Caernarfon in April 2012 before Judge Merfyn Hughes QC and a jury. Evans and McDonald admitted to having sex with the woman, but both denied raping her.[13] Counsel for the prosecution, John Philpotts, stated that the victim, a 19-year-old waitress, was too intoxicated to have consented.[14][15] The court heard that the victim had woken up naked and confused in a double bed with her clothes on the floor and no memory of the incident.[16] Samples taken from the victim at the time showed no alcohol, although the Crown claimed this was due to "elimination".[17] The samples showed traces of cocaine and cannabis, although she denied taking the drugs on the night of the incident.[18] She had drunk two glasses of wine, four double vodkas with lemonade, and a shot of sambuca.[18] As a result, she told police she "felt tipsy but not out of control".[19] The victim claimed to have almost no memory of what happened between leaving a dancing session with friends and waking up the following morning, leading her to believe that her drink had been spiked.[18] The defence stated both men had sex with the woman separately and with her consent, while the prosecution submitted that the pair "targeted" her for sex after she "literally stumbled across their path" and demonstrated herself to be too intoxicated to consent. Two friends of the men were also alleged to have watched and attempted to record the act through a window.[20]"

I feel like the evidence seemed to show that she'd gotten herself into a state where she was completely intoxicated despite saying otherwise, and though it would be wrong for someone to take advantage of that and that would be a crime, I feel like its less of a crime and possibly even a grey area if they had been drinking themselves in a way because if she can be absolved of the responsbility of who she slept with and her lack of judgement why can't they somewhat. I feel like im hashing this but my point is the way the media is treating it and everyone commenting on it like it was a violent crime and it was just what probably happens frequently at clubs every weekend, i've seen girls pushing away men and then kissing them later that night, if they had a better judgement then yeh its a crime but not as serious of a crime as people make out imo seems like a bit of a witch hunt

So someone else could have spike her drink and Evans and McDonald were in the wrong place at the wrong time and got the flack for it. So many strange comments in that statement one min she says she was drunk then the prosecution say she was targeted by stumbling across their path and woke up confused but samples dhow mo alcohol....now im confused.

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 101
MarinerWY
November 14, 2014, 12:28am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 47

"The trial took place at the Crown Court at Caernarfon in April 2012 before Judge Merfyn Hughes QC and a jury. Evans and McDonald admitted to having sex with the woman, but both denied raping her.[13] Counsel for the prosecution, John Philpotts, stated that the victim, a 19-year-old waitress, was too intoxicated to have consented.[14][15] The court heard that the victim had woken up naked and confused in a double bed with her clothes on the floor and no memory of the incident.[16] Samples taken from the victim at the time showed no alcohol, although the Crown claimed this was due to "elimination".[17] The samples showed traces of cocaine and cannabis, although she denied taking the drugs on the night of the incident.[18] She had drunk two glasses of wine, four double vodkas with lemonade, and a shot of sambuca.[18] As a result, she told police she "felt tipsy but not out of control".[19] The victim claimed to have almost no memory of what happened between leaving a dancing session with friends and waking up the following morning, leading her to believe that her drink had been spiked.[18] The defence stated both men had sex with the woman separately and with her consent, while the prosecution submitted that the pair "targeted" her for sex after she "literally stumbled across their path" and demonstrated herself to be too intoxicated to consent. Two friends of the men were also alleged to have watched and attempted to record the act through a window.[20]"

Source?

Private Message
Reply: 42 - 101
Maringer
November 14, 2014, 8:17am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,476
Gold Stars: 185
If I recall correctly from reading stuff before, Evans hadn't been drinking. Didn't he drive around to meet McDonald and the girl at the room? Either way, it was a pretty distasteful way to behave even if you don't think it was criminal. Evans may claim he was innocent of rape but ultimately he went to prison because of his own dubious actions so he only has himself to blame. If anything, he's incredibly lucky that his missus has stood by him despite the fact he went behind her back for random sex with a stranger.

A few years ago (well, probably 6 or 7), when walking home from a night out in Clee in the early hours, I encountered a lass who was so ridiculously drunk that she could barely stand and was falling around all over the place. What did I do? Well, I certainly didn't think, 'Here's the chance for an easy shag'! She wasn't in any fit state to look after herself so, instead, I tried to help her get home. Admittedly, this was without success as she was so drunk she couldn't tell me where she lived - I spent five minutes half-leading/half-carrying her to the marketplace trying to find some coppers to hand her off to, but she then disappeared off back into one of the pubs as I was trying to find one! Hope she managed to get home OK somehow.

As for the Evans case, on the plus side, perhaps his prison sentence has led to some young footballers realising they can't get away with everything despite the fact that they are young, wealthy and privileged.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 101
tashee69
November 14, 2014, 8:40am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +28 / -4
Approval: +956
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from LH
Rape victims live with their ordeal. I would class it as seriously as murder.

Then that's my point. Family members have to live with the shocking, untimely death of their father/brother. Why is Ched Evans being treat worse than Lee Hughes if it's considered a similar crime, in case of seriousness.
The way how it is being treat is that it appears to be ok to take somebody's life and play football but not be found guilty of rape and play football. Both crimes are serious and maybe should be treat equally.

Baldrick ! The only impression you can do is that of a man with no talent !!
GTFC team 09/10 - Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick.
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 101
oldun
November 14, 2014, 8:45am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
None of us are in any position to second guess what happened. The fact is a court found him guilty. I would not want I'm at our club, the fallout would be unbearable. Neither would I want Hughes at this club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 101
tashee69
November 14, 2014, 8:51am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +28 / -4
Approval: +956
Gold Stars: 23
I am not suggesting I would want him here, just to clear things up, I'm just putting the argument for him playing football again.

Baldrick ! The only impression you can do is that of a man with no talent !!
GTFC team 09/10 - Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick.
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 101
ivanosandwich
November 14, 2014, 8:53am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +1,470
Gold Stars: 16
I don't know enough about the case to want to take a guess at whether or not he is guilty.

However, I do think that Sheff Utd are in a position where they can see their Patrons leaving and making a stand, trying to force the club not to re-sign him but at the same time, I bet there are many other clubs waiting in the wings ready with a contract offer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 101
psgmariner
November 14, 2014, 9:13am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
The world has changed.

Nobody batted an eyelid when we signed Croft. He did time for driving while disqualified, and perverting the course of justice don't forget. There were a few murmurs when we signed previously jailed Liam Hearn but now it seems unlikely we, or any other club, would sign someone who has been in jail. Not sure whether that's progress or not. I agree that those crimes were very different from Ched's but all had the potential to cause harm and ruin people's lives.

Private Message
Reply: 48 - 101
Rick12
November 14, 2014, 9:25am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45

I feel like the evidence seemed to show that she'd gotten herself into a state where she was completely intoxicated despite saying otherwise, and though it would be wrong for someone to take advantage of that and that would be a crime, I feel like its less of a crime and possibly even a grey area if they had been drinking themselves in a way because if she can be absolved of the responsbility of who she slept with and her lack of judgement why can't they somewhat. I feel like im hashing this but my point is the way the media is treating it and everyone commenting on it like it was a violent crime and it was just what probably happens frequently at clubs every weekend, i've seen girls pushing away men and then kissing them later that night, if they had a better judgement then yeh its a crime but not as serious of a crime as people make out imo seems like a bit of a witch hunt
Good post and raises some valid points. Ive read a load of football autobiographies and the one that stands out when reading your above post is Roy Keanes and I think Gazzas.Women are paid by the press to create a story eg sexually advance on men and then kiss and tell in the Sunday papers. As was the case with some footballers and fair play to them they regret the advances of these women and then the women create a scene for the purpose of selling a story and it appears in the Sunday papers. With hindsight though the pair looking at the above evidence probably did take advantage of this women but on a broader level shows the problems that comes with the territory of being a pro footballer

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 101
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › So Would You

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.