Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 103 Guests

Replacemeant for Hurst

This thread currently has 12,110 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
October 5, 2014, 4:49pm
Guest User
Quoted from MeanwoodMariner

My point was that style of play is important to many people. Hurst is seen as too negative by many/most fans and it would be better to have a most exciting attacking style of play. That is a choice that can be made. You cannot simply choose the option of promotion!

Well then them fans are asking to much, the only thing what should matter is results and. If Hurst was playing negative football  and getting results then people wouldn't be bothered. The facts are that he isn't getting results. I don't think that it really matters if he was playing 'good football' or not. Its a results based business and he isn't getting them. Playing good football or boring dull football wont make a difference in whether people want to attend BP or not, results will though.
Reply: 70 - 103
rancido
October 5, 2014, 5:14pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,653
Gold Stars: 100
Quoted from Perkins
Whilst some of the names mentioned would appear attractive (most of them unattractive) we know it aint gonna happen. You just KNOW that if and when Hurst gets his cards, Doig will no doubt be the one to make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up.

It might work if he gets the hairs on the back of the players necks stand up!

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 103
jimgtfc
October 5, 2014, 5:40pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,101
Gold Stars: 45
I think it's hard to pick out names at this stage. For starters Paul Hurst is still our manager and whether we like it or not I can't see that changing any time soon. Also we don't know who would be interested, it's alright saying we should approach this manager or that, but are we that much of an attractive option? It's also difficult to select a new boss based on his record alone. He might have a very good cv, but show little in the interview. On the other hand a manager who hasn't the best numbers on paper might really impress face to face and say all the right things.

Choosing a new man to take the helm could be a tough call if the scenario arises. Do we trust the men making the decisions? Judging on their track records alone I'm not sure I do.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 103
Roast Em Bobby
October 5, 2014, 5:46pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,724
Gold Stars: 44
Andy Morrell? Did quite well with Wrexham on a very limited budget.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 103
October 5, 2014, 5:47pm
Guest User
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby
Andy Morrell? Did quite well with Wrexham on a very limited budget.

No way. Did you see how bad Wrexham were last season? He has gone to Tamworth anyway. Mills or Aspin would be my top 2 targets.
Reply: 74 - 103
Tom13
October 5, 2014, 6:00pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +12 / 0
Approval: +270
Quoted from Vance Warner
Russell Slade? Oh hang on we had him and our chairman reacted to this forum and didn't keep him. Embarrassing  how Tory Boy says that councillors are easily influenced by the ticks and crosses on the telegraph website regarding the new stadium - gives an indication into how shrivelled his balls are. I don't agree with the personal attacks about Hurst (his interview style is irrelevant) but one thing is consistent  over the last 10 years. Why has Fenty escaped criticism? Won't be long before teams who reformed are above us. Stop logging on this forum JF, lose your ego and do what is best for this great club - find someone who cares, not someone who sees it as an opportunity to raise their profile and give their daughters a job. Your Mariners Pies are alright but they're on offer for a reason.

Is that the same Russell Slade on his way to Cardiff?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 103
Tom13
October 5, 2014, 6:01pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +12 / 0
Approval: +270
I'd agree with Flitcroft, the only one mentioned so far that is remotely interesting. While I'm not suggesting we should be talking about this, nor that Hurst should/shouldn't be sacked immediately, but I'm not really sure any of the proposed candidates are any better than Hurst so our only hopes would be pinned on Doig being good enough.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 103
grimsby pete
October 5, 2014, 6:08pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,834
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from arryarryarry

Just checked and it isn't 1st April so you must have another reason for suggesting that as Accrington are doing better since he left and listening to his comments when he was a summariser on BT Sport he was more boring than Hurst.

This season he had won 1 game from 7, since he left they have won 4 from 5.

He had had a 28% win ratio.

No thanks.

Yes but,

He paid the clubs £20,000 tax bill out of his own pocket.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 103
promotion plaice
October 5, 2014, 8:49pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,080
Gold Stars: 200
It's sad to say but all optimism for this season has evaporated away and the only way to give the fans any hope is for a fresh start at the top.
Not only would it take the heat off John Fenty but the fans would be more tolerant of the new regime knowing it takes time, which the old regime has had more than enough of, and any fans thinking of staying away might reconsider.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 103
LookBackInAngers
October 6, 2014, 1:15pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +93
Paul Hurst is still the manager so we can hope that he gets it right.Personally I have more optimism about that than faith in the judgement of the man or men who would be tasked to replace him.After all the track record of appointments does not inspire any confidence.Try to keep the faith.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 103
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Replacemeant for Hurst

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.