Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Replacemeant for Hurst
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 212 Guests

Replacemeant for Hurst

This thread currently has 12,022 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Nelly GTFC
October 4, 2014, 8:23pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +24 / -6
Approval: +2,694
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from 1739
2900 for Newport in the division above and 3200 for Stevenage in the division above. In the short term Newport and Stevenage is clearly the better option. But if you got the wheels rolling here then we have more potential than Stevenage and Newport in my opinion. Sometimes manager make strange decisions but in the long term look like wise ones.
Can we equal a league 2 managers salary of those teams? I dunno, do you?

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 103
jock dock tower
October 4, 2014, 8:39pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Could we not do a straight swap with Newcastle and get Mike Ashley off the hook....long as he throws a few hundred thousand in with it as a sweetener to save him a huge pay off?

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 103
gtfc98
October 4, 2014, 8:40pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,038
Gold Stars: 65
Quoted from Chrisblor
Wouldn't be averse to Ronnie Moore if he'd come here

I would be. The guys a girl private

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 103
Garth
October 4, 2014, 9:02pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Difficult is it not, Burr has not torn any trees up and is at his level with Chester, Brabin was useless at Luton and Moore does not have the necessary experience in this situation, who then God knows but someone young and ambitious from a lower league would be my choice.

The easy part is to sack Hurst, then comes the hard part, his replacement, but IMO its a risk that will need to be taken fairly soon. Good Luck John either way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 103
Roast Em Bobby
October 4, 2014, 9:25pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,706
Gold Stars: 43
Just had a look at the LMA website, quite a few big names out of work

Paul Ince
Mark Robbins
Dave Jones
Dean Saunders
Gary Megson
Terry Brown
Micky Adams
Paul buckle
Nick barmby
Paul jewell
George burley
Terry Butcher
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 103
nightrider
October 4, 2014, 9:48pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
I think Fenty not getting rid of Hurst is one of the best things the man has done. Yes he should be sacked but at what cost? If its good for us at the bank then get rid, otherwise stick with him till the end of the season. After all, things can only get better surely!

I'd give the job to Russ Wilcox.... He'll be gone by the end of the month. Got them promoted and gives an articulate interview on the radio regardless of the abuse he's getting,unlike S&H. I can imagine Neilson asking Hurst why he isn't in the team - 'stop asking me daft questions Scott its got nothing to do with you, I get paid to make these sorts of decisions I don't have to give a reason.

Can't believe Scunny fans wanted him sacked after literally 5 games. He got them promoted and now they want rid. They're playing at least one league above their level anyway. I think Paul Hurst is getting off lightly - If he was down the road he'd be long gone

Bring in Russ

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 103
October 4, 2014, 9:59pm
Guest User
Terry Brown got AFC Wimbledon promoted all the way from the Ishtman to the football league so he certainly knows non league. Currently at Margate though where I imagine he will be on a decent wage and he would probably wish to stay down south.

Paul Buckle won promotion with Torquay and also led them to the play-offs the season before but failed at Luton and Bristol Rovers and has got a job in America so that will be a no.

I would be staying well clear of 'big name' manager anyway. They always seem to fail and we need a manager with experience of the conference not the championship plus we wont be able to afford them.
Reply: 26 - 103
LH
October 4, 2014, 10:06pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 169
Quoted from 1739

Steve 'one decent season which didn't see him get promoted' Burr

This has to be the most long-winded nickname in football?

Not exactly an inspiring list of replacements otherwise is it? I always back the manager and team but Tuesday and today have switched my thoughts on Hurst. I did think driving back from Gateshead in the play offs that that was convenient time to sack him. Looking at the list of potential candidates it looks as though I might have been right.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 103
pizzzza
October 4, 2014, 10:28pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,661
Gold Stars: 135
2 pages and I can't believe that no one has mentioned Buckley yet, disappointing.
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 103
October 4, 2014, 10:30pm
Guest User
Quoted from LH

This has to be the most long-winded nickname in football?

Not exactly an inspiring list of replacements otherwise is it? I always back the manager and team but Tuesday and today have switched my thoughts on Hurst. I did think driving back from Gateshead in the play offs that that was convenient time to sack him. Looking at the list of potential candidates it looks as though I might have been right.

We will have to pay compo for Burr so surely we may as well get an even better manager (Mills, Aspin, Penney)

Stevenage fans are calling for Graham  Westleys head which would be an excellent  appointment   if he was to go or maybe we could persuade him to jump before he is pushed.

I have just realised Hurst might not even be sacked though and win every game till the end of the season and see us promoted.
Reply: 29 - 103
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Replacemeant for Hurst

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.