This thread currently has 12,019 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
itsnotcoditshaddock
October 4, 2014, 10:52pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +312
All well and good discussing names, but can any of them work a computer?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 103
kingster72
October 4, 2014, 11:00pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: -7
Gary Mills, Neil Aspin, Steve Burr, Dean Saunders, Neil Redfearn, or Nick Barmby should be the sort of names we should look at.  All seem to have the right mentality.  I think Burr critisised Fenty when approached before, so maybe he'd be wise not to work for the fool we'd have in charge of hiring!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 103
Marinerz93
October 4, 2014, 11:04pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from 1739

We will have to pay compo for Burr so surely we may as well get an even better manager (Mills, Aspin, Penney)

Stevenage fans are calling for Graham  Westleys head which would be an excellent  appointment   if he was to go or maybe we could persuade him to jump before he is pushed.

I have just realised Hurst might not even be sacked though and win every game till the end of the season and see us promoted.

you're crazy

[IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/166j28x.gif[/IMG]

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 103
mrsd
October 4, 2014, 11:10pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +144
I assume all these people calling for Hurst's head are the same ones who were chanting Paul Hurst's Black and White army at Halifax. Fans are about as consistent as the team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 103
Grimal
October 4, 2014, 11:12pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +2,850
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from kingster72
Gary Mills, Neil Aspin, Steve Burr, Dean Saunders, Neil Redfearn, or Nick Barmby should be the sort of names we should look at.  All seem to have the right mentality.  I think Burr critisised Fenty when approached before, so maybe he'd be wise not to work for the fool we'd have in charge of hiring!

Can you just remind me who was the manager who's team dismantled both Steve Burr's Chester and Gary Mills Gateshead team just a few weeks ago ?.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 103
Abdul19
October 4, 2014, 11:15pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 214
All well and good discussing names, but can any of them work a computer?

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 103
Grimal
October 4, 2014, 11:22pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from poomehellt
We could have a mass committee of Trust members in leiu of a manager, where every week there is a poll to choose our starting 11, and another poll to choose our formation, and further polls to choose which players to get rid of and which to resign at end of season

And entice a billionaire sugar daddy that is stupid enough to let this mass committee of trust members to run his money into the drain within half a season.  yeh ! dream on..

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 103
Grimal
October 4, 2014, 11:37pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from mrsd
I assume all these people calling for Hurst's head are the same ones who were chanting Paul Hurst's Black and White army at Halifax. Fans are about as consistent as the team.

And I could hear them chanting the same today at Dartford.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 103
Stevie Saunders
October 4, 2014, 11:37pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +363
Why the hell would Nick Barmby want to come to a non league club?
Why the hell would a failure at Stevenage be an excellent appointment for us?
Neil Redfearn - Leeds to non league???

We were never that much of an attraction for managers and players when we were good, let alone now

That's why we took a punt on two blokes from Boston United; prior to those two the youth team boss; prior to that to a bloke who had fallen out with most chairmen he'd worked for etc etc etc

Those appts were partly as a result of how far we had slumped.

Get real folks - it will be Doig caretaker (if Hurst gets the boot) or a 'cheap' journeyman (Martin Foyle type) - would be very surprised if it's a high flyer in Conference or a mid-30s type looking for a first job on managerial ladder (that would be my choice...something totally different to freshen it up)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 103
RichMariner
October 5, 2014, 12:01am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,109
Gold Stars: 204
Maybe the reason why we're all struggling to suggest reasonable and realistic candidates for the job is because we already have a fairly strong manager in charge.

Usually we're facing relegation when we sack a manager, so any other name seems to be a better option than the one currently in charge.

At the moment we're discussing the departure of a manager who has a pretty decent win ratio in charge of Town. But it does seem like we're on the slide now. We've been regressing as a team, and 5 wins from 14 games isn't good enough to compete for promotion.

His win ratio is declining and we can't score enough. Worryingly, there's no real sign that Hurst can get the best out of his strikers. Constant tinkering and insisting on playing a misfiring target man might be his undoing.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 39 - 103
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Replacemeant for Hurst

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.