Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 191 Guests

Replacemeant for Hurst

This thread currently has 12,089 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
October 5, 2014, 11:32am
Guest User
Quoted from AdamHaddock
Dean Saunders would be an excellent appointment - he built a very good team at Wrexham. Though I'm still hoping, rather than expecting, that Hurst will get us winning and climbing the table.

Took him 4 seasons for him to make a squad of the quality. In his first season they finished 11th, second season he finished 10th. Third season his side got to the play-offs but got beat 5-1 on aggregate by Luton. And then in his 4th season he joined Donny.  41 % win ratio at Wrexham. For me my top 4 targets would be Neil Aspin, Gary Mills, Graham Westley and Dave Penney.
Reply: 50 - 103
nightrider
October 5, 2014, 1:32pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
Not easy to find a replacement when the club finished 3rd last season. Two managers were better than PH - One had a lot of money to spend.

After reading the suggestions, I don't think many if any would be interested. Westley would be my pick. Why haven't any lower league managers been touted

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 103
Abdul19
October 5, 2014, 1:39pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,555
Gold Stars: 216
Anyone who moaned about the cynicism of Gateshead will love watching a Westley team!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 103
ginnywings
October 5, 2014, 1:46pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,124
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Abdul19
Anyone who moaned about the cynicism of Gateshead will love watching a Westley team!

Exactly my thoughts. Not for me thanks.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 103
October 5, 2014, 1:49pm
Guest User
Quoted from 75

Of those, the only arguably achiveable targets would be Mark Robins (Done okay I think), Dean Saunders (knows the league too), Micky Adams (My personal choice, perhaps I'm kidding myself), Paul Buckle (no better than what we have I'd suggest), Nick Barmby (Local links, but he's an unproven mudrat so not for me), Paul Jewell (I still haven't forgiven him for hitting the bar at Oxford in about 1995!).

You are joking right?  Even if we could afford them most of the above will not be interested in coming to a run down poxy non league club, it would finish any future career prospect if they come here and fail.
Reply: 54 - 103
October 5, 2014, 2:07pm
Guest User
I couldn't give a toss about the style of football we play. People are asking way to much if they want us to play a certain style and get us promotion. Playing hoof ball and being dirty tw@t like Crawley, Mansfield and Fleetwood and getting promotion would be fantastic.
Reply: 55 - 103
RichMariner
October 5, 2014, 2:11pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,132
Gold Stars: 209
Here's a name for you - Garry Flitcroft at Chorley.

He's taken them from the Northern Premier League Division 1 North to the Conference North (two promotions) and currently has them 3rd in the table.

We shouldn't really be having this conversation because Hurst is still our manager and I believe we'll win on Tuesday night and he'll continue in the job.

But Flitcroft has caught my eye before. He and his brother (at Bury) are making good managers.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 56 - 103
Wrawby_Mariner
October 5, 2014, 2:13pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
The Grimsby job must be one of English poisoned chalice's. The bloke hasn't even been sacked (I don't think he will either.) I was hoping like some here he and the club would have parted company in the summer. Having said that, Would Macca and Pearson etc signed for another year? I think not.

If the Board decide a change is needed, I'd like to throw the name Graham Turner out there.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 57 - 103
October 5, 2014, 2:29pm
Guest User
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner
The Grimsby job must be one of English poisoned chalice's. The bloke hasn't even been sacked (I don't think he will either.) I was hoping like some here he and the club would have parted company in the summer. Having said that, Would Macca and Pearson etc signed for another year? I think not.

If the Board decide a change is needed, I'd like to throw the name Graham Turner out there.

Yeah that's a good shout with Ron Atkinson as assistant manager we would urine this league.
Reply: 58 - 103
Perkins
October 5, 2014, 2:38pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
Whilst some of the names mentioned would appear attractive (most of them unattractive) we know it aint gonna happen. You just KNOW that if and when Hurst gets his cards, Doig will no doubt be the one to make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 103
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Replacemeant for Hurst

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.