Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 291 Guests

Replacemeant for Hurst

This thread currently has 12,086 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
October 5, 2014, 2:48pm
Guest User
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner

If the Board decide a change is needed, I'd like to throw the name Graham Turner out there.

Not a bad shout. Won promotion out of this league with Hereford in 2005
Reply: 60 - 103
MeanwoodMariner
October 5, 2014, 3:06pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from 1739
I couldn't give a toss about the style of football we play. People are asking way to much if they want us to play a certain style and get us promotion. Playing hoof ball and being dirty tw@t like Crawley, Mansfield and Fleetwood and getting promotion would be fantastic.

The problem is that it doesn't guarantee promotion. The option isn't get promoted playing dirty/hoofball or stay down trying to play "good" football. The choice is simply between the two styles.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 103
Fcukthescunts
October 5, 2014, 3:19pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +776
Just go on PNE board and ask them about Westley! He played route one and the players had no respect for him. Went to game after he was sacked and the players played with freedom.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 103
October 5, 2014, 3:23pm
Guest User
Quoted from MeanwoodMariner

The problem is that it doesn't guarantee promotion. The option isn't get promoted playing dirty/hoofball or stay down trying to play "good" football. The choice is simply between the two styles.

The option is to get promotion regardless of how we play and what style we chose. That is the only way on how I will judge success and many other fans will, not the style of football, our cup runs, the profit/ losses we make.
Reply: 63 - 103
Mariner Ronnie
October 5, 2014, 3:25pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Fcukthescunts
Just go on PNE board and ask them about Westley! He played route one and the players had no respect for him. Went to game after he was sacked and the players played with freedom.

he signed elding on loan didn't he? lol

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 103
October 5, 2014, 3:28pm
Guest User
Quoted from Fcukthescunts

Then how did he achieve promotion from this league. I couldn't care whether managers cant do it in league 1 or the championship, if they have done it in this league then that is what I am bothered about. League 1 may have been too much of a step up for him but if a manager cant do it in league 1 then we can worry about that when we are playing league 1 football.
Reply: 65 - 103
Nelly GTFC
October 5, 2014, 3:30pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,734
Gold Stars: 31
Garry Hill done a excellent job at Woking so far over the last few seasons, improving every year...

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 103
Youngy
October 5, 2014, 4:07pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +1,667
Gold Stars: 9
How about James Beattie? Did a good job keeping Accrington up last season. Left as he felt he couldn't take them any further. Also best friends with Gary Croft.

I would love us to push the boat out for Wayne Burnett but can't see it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 103
MeanwoodMariner
October 5, 2014, 4:35pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from 1739

The option is to get promotion regardless of how we play and what style we chose. That is the only way on how I will judge success and many other fans will, not the style of football, our cup runs, the profit/ losses we make.

My point was that style of play is important to many people. Hurst is seen as too negative by many/most fans and it would be better to have a most exciting attacking style of play. That is a choice that can be made. You cannot simply choose the option of promotion!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 103
arryarryarry
October 5, 2014, 4:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Youngy
How about James Beattie? Did a good job keeping Accrington up last season. Left as he felt he couldn't take them any further. Also best friends with Gary Croft.

I would love us to push the boat out for Wayne Burnett but can't see it

Just checked and it isn't 1st April so you must have another reason for suggesting that as Accrington are doing better since he left and listening to his comments when he was a summariser on BT Sport he was more boring than Hurst.

This season he had won 1 game from 7, since he left they have won 4 from 5.

He had had a 28% win ratio.

No thanks.

Private Message
Reply: 69 - 103
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Replacemeant for Hurst

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.