denni266
September 28, 2014, 8:09am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +696
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from Abdul19
Barnet are 9 points ahead with 102 left to play for. If we can keep everyone fit and stay consistent (big ask I know) I see no reason why we can't win the league.

So you keep saying.    we do have good players . would be better if hurst didnt sign crocks, and there we have it,, the reason we wont win the league, Hurst......
Also chester are claiming that 4 of there players where sick at half time  and  not fit to play. just read that on there message board

(Cue drab 0-0 draw on Tuesday night )

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 60
barralad
September 28, 2014, 9:56am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
So you keep saying.    we do have good players . would be better if hurst didnt sign crocks, and there we have it,, the reason we wont win the league, Hurst......
Also chester are claiming that 4 of there players where sick at half time  and  not fit to play. just read that on there message board

Clearly the antithesis to the "woodwork" thread. Why can't you just celebrate a win? Plenty of evidence out there yesterday to suggest that we can accommodate the odd injury prone player-oh and shouldn't it be "crock" as we don't appear to have more than one who falls into that category. I wonder if Arsene Wenger gets slagged off by the Arsenal fans for signing "crocks"

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 60
mariner91
September 28, 2014, 10:35am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,619
Gold Stars: 260
Denni is right, a 3-0 win is completely and utterly unacceptable and Hurst should be sacked on that result alone.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 60
denni266
September 28, 2014, 10:45am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +696
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from barralad

Clearly the antithesis to the "woodwork" thread. Why can't you just celebrate a win? Plenty of evidence out there yesterday to suggest that we can accommodate the odd injury prone player-oh and shouldn't it be "crock" as we don't appear to have more than one who falls into that category. I wonder if Arsene Wenger gets slagged off by the Arsenal fans for signing "crocks"

Yes your right. crock.. not crocks.. how naughty of me. should have paid more attention, like you.. i have posted saying well done etc after our wins,, the same as i have moaned when we dont.  And as for crawling out the woodwork.  i will when i see fit ,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 60
GyMariner
September 28, 2014, 11:05am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -5
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 7
Hurst was right in playing Mackreth, even though he wasn't amazing he brings a lot more to the game than Disley/paddy if played out wide. He provides an outlet out wide and gets up and down the line very well. We need to play with width rather than a lop sided midfield with a central midfielder going through the motions out wide.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 60
barralad
September 28, 2014, 11:37am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from denni266

Yes your right. crock.. not crocks.. how naughty of me. should have paid more attention, like you.. i have posted saying well done etc after our wins,, the same as i have moaned when we dont.  And as for crawling out the woodwork.  i will when i see fit ,

It isn't a spelling test. The point I was making was that even with that you want to make it worse-crocks implying several. As for posting after we win....I can find one post celebrating the victory but surprisingly posts in the tens when we lose. I must have missed all your positive offerings

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 60
September 28, 2014, 2:51pm
Guest User
Quoted from GyMariner
Hurst was right in playing Mackreth, even though he wasn't amazing he brings a lot more to the game than Disley/paddy if played out wide. He provides an outlet out wide and gets up and down the line very well. We need to play with width rather than a lop sided midfield with a central midfielder going through the motions out wide.

Good thinking.
I'm wondering where Arnold (assuming he stays fit) fits into the equation long term.
Versatile can play on the wing but was up front yesterday.
Neilson is left wing but in a kind of free role.
Wonder what our best team is generally gonna look like and who (if anybody) will make way and where.
Reply: 56 - 60
Grimal
September 28, 2014, 2:55pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,858
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from denni266

quoted from Abdul19
Barnet are 9 points ahead with 102 left to play for. If we can keep everyone fit and stay consistent (big ask I know) I see no reason why we can't win the league.
Also chester are claiming that 4 of there players where sick at half time  and  not fit to play. just read that on there message board...------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats excellent tactics from the catering staff then,dodgy fish sarnies for the visitors before the game.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 60
Rodley Mariner
September 28, 2014, 3:00pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
I'd say that with a fully fit squad it's difficult to pick our best XI or best formation but that reflects the fact we have depth in the squad and some versatility within it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 60
September 28, 2014, 3:14pm
Guest User
+1.
Why has the horizontal scroll gone mental ?
Reply: 59 - 60
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.