7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
mariner tommy
September 27, 2014, 5:21pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +12 / -5
Approval: +1,870
Gold Stars: 12
That was just too easy, it was a game we were never going to lose but we needed the first goal to settle us down.
And once we scored it we never looked back.
Another one of those games were nobody played badly. But the stand out performers were-
Nielson again, absolutely full of running.
Hannah never stopped running all game, took his goal superbly but messed up the penalty, easily saved.
Magnay as consistent as ever.
Brown and Clay controlled the middle.
The back four were never going to be beaten.
A good all round performance.

Also got to mention the rousing ovation that Lennie got when he came on was very good indeed.

UTM

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its students."  ..Hector Berlioz, 1856.
                                   “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"  ...Voltaire, 1694-1778

Logged Offline
Private Message
zorro_is_a_Mariner
September 27, 2014, 5:25pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +30 / -6
Approval: +1,369
Gold Stars: 4
The only thing I could fault was maybe we were not clinical enough I though it could of easily been seven again. Good performance though and a welcome three points well played town.  

Gtfc all the way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 60
Mariner Ronnie
September 27, 2014, 5:33pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
good result boys, have to give chester a mention though, at least they played football and kept their discipline, hope they do well, except against us of course!

bring on brodie!

UTM!

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 60
pontoonlew
September 27, 2014, 5:33pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +8,989
Gold Stars: 171
Mackreth sounded very good on the radio, is that a fair reflection?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 60
mariner tommy
September 27, 2014, 5:38pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +12 / -5
Approval: +1,870
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from pontoonlew

He did his job yes, he wasn't outstanding, but he did play well.

UTM

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its students."  ..Hector Berlioz, 1856.
                                   “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"  ...Voltaire, 1694-1778

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 60
gtfc82
September 27, 2014, 5:38pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +616
Quoted from pontoonlew

Not really!! I'll give him credit for setting up Arnold's goal, but he offered very little for most of the game. His only style seems to be knock it past the player and run. If the opponent just stands his ground then Mackreth gets nowhere as he lacks any physical strength!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 60
Maringer
September 27, 2014, 5:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,482
Gold Stars: 185
Pretty good performance from Mackreth even though he ended up playing against their quick and strong left winger who was moved back when the full back went off injured. Not sure if my eyes deceived me, but he seems a little stockier and stronger than at the start of the season?

I agree with zorro that I'm a little disappointed we didn't score more goals. Hannah alone could have had four very easily and should certainly have scored at least a couple! Not too much criticism of him, however, as it was his best game for us for ages.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 60
Rodley Mariner
September 27, 2014, 5:44pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
We're hanging around in a half-decent position but I really think if we can have a run with a fully (or nearly) fit squad then we have lots of options and might just be capable of putting a real run together.

Tends to be later in the season when lots of teams in the conference with small squads struggle and that could be when we can push on. Who else in the Conference can put out a bench with the quality of paddy, disley, lenny and arnold on it and pittman and aswad still to come back?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 60
JMT
September 27, 2014, 5:49pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +473
Gold Stars: 19
Anyone else really like Lenny and Arnold's link up play at the end?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 60
grimsby pete
September 27, 2014, 5:49pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
We're hanging around in a half-decent position but I really think if we can have a run with a fully (or nearly) fit squad then we have lots of options and might just be capable of putting a real run together.

Tends to be later in the season when lots of teams in the conference with small squads struggle and that could be when we can push on. Who else in the Conference can put out a bench with paddy, disley, lenny and arnold on it and pittman and aswad still to come back?

I have said it not where you start it's where you finish,

We do not want to be top just yet, come the New Year will be the time to hit the summit and then push on from there.

It would be nice to have gained promotion with a couple of games to spare,

Better for my nerves.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 60
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.