Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 194 Guests

Just back

This thread currently has 7,679 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
September 27, 2014, 7:38pm
Guest User
Quoted from Maringer
Pretty good performance from Mackreth even though he ended up playing against their quick and strong left winger who was moved back when the full back went off injured. Not sure if my eyes deceived me, but he seems a little stockier and stronger than at the start of the season?

Not sure but did notice on MP he said something about not being fully right towards the start of the season.

Quoted from Maringer
I agree with zorro that I'm a little disappointed we didn't score more goals.

Just on this subject of goals, I find myself shouting the team on whenever we pick up the ball in space.
Selfishly speaking as a paying fan I want as many goals as possible.
But do wonder if we're in danger of it being a bit headless chickens and if we might be better off passing the ball, keeping possession and conserving energy when the games all but won ?
Reply: 20 - 60
cleefish
September 27, 2014, 7:53pm
L:incoln
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +10 / -4
Approval: +6
what can you say about today it was  tight  bum time just great from both teams
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 60
chaos33
September 27, 2014, 7:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,862
Gold Stars: 353
Did any of the subs get on today and how did they do? What was the attendance?

Chuffed with the result. We needed to brush them aside and we did. Can't say fairer than that. Credit to players and management.

We must follow this up with 3 more points Tuesday. Let's hope we go on and take them.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 60
September 27, 2014, 7:58pm
Guest User
LJL did well, Paddy did "ok", Arnold did well and scored.
Att: 3125.
Reply: 23 - 60
Garth
September 27, 2014, 8:05pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Agree with most of the posts above, my MOM was Clay although you could have picked any one of four from Brown, Magnay Hannah and Clay, no injuries so I hope we can refrain from tinkering on Tuesday and start with the same players.

Super fit Hannah should have put his penalty away and scored another from his chances to give him a hat trick, LJL and Arnold looked a pair for the short time they were on

Full marks to Chester trying to make a game of it by playing football, although a more astute manager would have resorted to more spoiling Lincoln type methods ie stopping our football which they could not match and bullying our small players out of their stride, this forum won`t be very busy tonight because we are all satisfied well done Hurst, players and crew for an enjoyable day
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 60
Marinerz93
September 27, 2014, 8:09pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
We are 3 points off 5th place and looking like we can do that run we have been craving.  Good effort today and within the next couple of weeks, we could coast into the top 5.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 60
BIGChris
September 27, 2014, 8:21pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from 120797

Private Message
Reply: 26 - 60
Grimal
September 27, 2014, 8:26pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,858
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from 120797
Good hard working performance, led by Hannah.(hot and cold but I'd give him MOM for workrate alone)

Missed chances yes but I wouldn't say it was just too easy at all.
More that Chester's defence wilted towards the end.

Doigy had it spot on for me in the post match interview on RH.
Good stuff in patches, areas for improvement.
What he exactly means not sure.
But for me there were a few occasions we could have switched play better..

I fear a little contradiction here 80s.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 60
TAGG
September 27, 2014, 8:30pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,962
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from DocTower
Good around performance , Clay would have been my MOM  , everywhere on the pitch . Pearson as captain good choice . Macca in goal yet again a few scary moments . We do seem to miss these second balls too often and at times appeared unwilling to shoot . Midfield is much more mobile and does create options .
Credit to Chester who came to play which intern made for an enjoyable match
Like someone said consistency , what we don't want or need is wholesale changes just to accommodate the ones who were on the bench the week before .

We have a good squad but its what you do with them .

Agree fully with Clay MOM thought he broke up play, moved the ball quickly and was the fulcrum of all that was good about us today.  He makes so much room for Brown to do his thing, nothing against Diz but he can only be a bit player now because Clay & Brown are so good together.
All players put in a great shift today and I think we knocked the ball around as good as I've seen for ages.
Very surprised that I've seen no one mention Parslow, had a great game and hes a very intelligent footballer. How long we got him for??????
I really want Mackreth to be a great player for us but still not seen it in him. Did his graft today but apart from that not seen anything else to excite me.  

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 60
chaos33
September 27, 2014, 8:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,862
Gold Stars: 353
Quoted from 120797

Cheers

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 60
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.