Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 335 Guests

Just back

This thread currently has 7,690 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
September 27, 2014, 8:41pm
Guest User
Apologies for getting the attendance wrong.
Quoted from Grimal
I fear a little contradiction here 80s.

I mean his interview in general was spot on.
As for which areas of improvements he's talking about I'm not sure.
Perhaps the missed chances, who knows. (perhaps I need to listen again)
But I can only go off what I hear him say.
Reply: 30 - 60
Chrisblor
September 27, 2014, 9:03pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,781
Gold Stars: 233
Thought Mackreth struggled a bit today (as he's mostly done all season), but then again he still won us a penalty and had an assist so hopefully he'll kick on and improve. Hannah is so much better playing with another striker and I'm glad Hurst didn't start with him up front on his own again. Great goal from him, but still needs to be more clinical as he's missing chances you'd expect him to score. LJL did well when he came on - he was so close to scoring two different wonder goals!

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 60
jimgtfc
September 27, 2014, 9:04pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,092
Gold Stars: 44
That was superb! Really looking forward to Tuesday now, really enjoyable game to watch.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 60
jimgtfc
September 27, 2014, 9:06pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,092
Gold Stars: 44
Also thought Craig Clay was outstanding.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 60
ackomariner
September 27, 2014, 9:14pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from jimgtfc
Also thought Craig Clay was outstanding.

Whs, brilliant game

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 60
mariner91
September 27, 2014, 9:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,627
Gold Stars: 260
Great to hear Clay having another stormer. Seems PH isn't a complete clown as he obviously saw something in the lad that 99% of us didn't in pre-season.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 60
friskneymariner
September 27, 2014, 9:34pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
It was apparent from todays game that we are much improved from last season, Magnay, Clay, Brown and Neilson must be some of the best players in this league, we have nothing to fear in this league.We look a different class when we hold a high line and play with pace ,the only time Chester looked like getting into the game was after their substitutions and we sat back until we figured them out.A very professional display today and shows what we can do when we pass the ball to feet.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 60
denni266
September 27, 2014, 9:43pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +696
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from gtfc82

Not really!! I'll give him credit for setting up Arnold's goal, but he offered very little for most of the game. His only style seems to be knock it past the player and run. If the opponent just stands his ground then Mackreth gets nowhere as he lacks any physical strength!!

isnt that what  Tony ford used to do
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 60
Jarmo.Is.God
September 27, 2014, 10:05pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from mariner91
Great to hear Clay having another stormer. Seems PH isn't a complete clown as he obviously saw something in the lad that 99% of us didn't in pre-season.

agree.

said back at Gateshead away that he was brilliant and not here to warm the bench
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 60
barralad
September 27, 2014, 10:10pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Well I really enjoyed that! Some fantastic build up play which deserved more than three goals. I've been very critical of Hannah's lack of awareness of what is going on around him but he gave it a really good shot today. One of the couple of offsides he got pulled up for was marginal to say the least (according to my mate sat in the Lower Findus). Agree with those who said he scored from his hardest chance. Pity about the penalty. LJL didn't enjoy the best of luck. Within two minutes of coming on a fantastic goal bound effort is blocked by a defender who knew very little about it.
Nice to see Arnold. He took his goal very well.
MOM-Clay (again!!) What a find.....

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 60
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.