7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
jonnyboy82
September 27, 2014, 10:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Good performance today but i thought chester were poor..

Lets see what tuesday brings and i am not getting carried away..

We have had good results then flattered to decieve so unlike others im not going to say we are better than last season after a 3-0 win against a poor chester team but its going in the right direction...

Lets see if they can carry it on..

Well done to the team.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 60
DocTower
September 27, 2014, 10:23pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Quoted from friskneymariner
It was apparent from todays game that we are much improved from last season, Magnay, Clay, Brown and Neilson must be some of the best players in this league, we have nothing to fear in this league.We look a different class when we hold a high line and play with pace ,the only time Chester looked like getting into the game was after their substitutions and we sat back until we figured them out.A very professional display today and shows what we can do when we pass the ball to feet.

We now have to show how we fare against a side of spoilers . Chester came to play football , we  matched them , but for two really poor efforts in the first half they could have scored 2 .

Still work in progress , but getting there . We aren't a bad side , think Barnet will be hard to catch , so really it's just up to us to keep winning .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 60
kevikov
September 27, 2014, 10:23pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +834
Gold Stars: 13
Chester were poor. I couldn't believe how poor to be fair.

I was there, the day Bradley Wood scored a 35 yarder!

From the black and white striped shirts
To the fish in the sea
You'll hear us singing
Coz we are Grimsby.

You won't hear us crying
But you'll hear us shout
Coz we are the Grimsby
And this is our chant.......... Grimsby! Grimsby! Grimsby!

A.S.A.F.A.T.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 60
TownSNAFU5
September 27, 2014, 10:31pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,874
Gold Stars: 42
A very good team performance.  Solid first half, then stepped up in the second half. We could have had more goals.  

Neilson was hard for them to handle and tracked back on a frequent basis. Clay was excellent and dovetails well with Brown. We have a good midfield now, and Dlsley and Paddy did not start.

We played some intricate passing moves with only the final ball in the last third letting us down.

We even scored from a corner!

I thought Mackreth was more confident lively and involved than in other games.  Still more to come from him I think.  

A very enjoyable game that should also (hopefully) be a baseline for future good results.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 60
chaos33
September 27, 2014, 10:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,928
Gold Stars: 357
Barnet will have a sticky patch soon - maybe a clutch of injuries or suspensions or a couple of pieces of bad luck, so we must be poised to capitalise when that happens. I agree they'll be hard to catch and they really do have a handsome lead, but it's imperative, on this basis, that we take another 3 points on Tuesday night at home, and do the same against Altrincham at home the week after. If we can show ruthlessness, there's no reason why we shouldn't claim the next 9 available points. Do so, and we'll be in or around the play off places going into mid October.

Incidentally, Barnet face some forthcoming difficult fixtures. They're away at Braintree on Tuesday night, followed by Eastleigh at home next weekend, then Macclesfield (A), Kidderminster (H) and Gateshead (A). We can claw points back.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 60
moosey_club
September 27, 2014, 10:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,243
Gold Stars: 226
Just back...from the beer fest in celebration......Chester were fuck1n awful.......second half especially we were fantastic...worked hard to close them down, Clay and Brown dominated...Magnay looked composed...Parslow looked like he had played for us for years and Ross worked really hard, should have had a hat trick in reality.
For once i would mention the away support....gave great support up until around 70 mins when i think even they realised their team are sh1t and gave up, put us to shame in that respect.

Cant see what Makreth brings to the party and not the first time i have thought that, tougher times ahead no doubt but quite happy this evening. x

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 60
Abdul19
September 27, 2014, 11:14pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,546
Gold Stars: 215
Barnet are 9 points ahead with 102 left to play for. If we can keep everyone fit and stay consistent (big ask I know) I see no reason why we can't win the league.

(Cue drab 0-0 draw on Tuesday night )

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 60
highcliff mariner
September 27, 2014, 11:27pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -3
Approval: +778
Quoted from moosey_club
Just back...from the beer fest in celebration......Chester were fuck1n awful.......second half especially we were fantastic...worked hard to close them down, Clay and Brown dominated...Magnay looked composed...Parslow looked like he had played for us for years and Ross worked really hard, should have had a hat trick in reality.
For once i would mention the away support....gave great support up until around 70 mins when i think even they realised their team are sh1t and gave up, put us to shame in that respect.

Cant see what Makreth brings to the party and not the first time i have thought that, tougher times ahead no doubt but quite happy this evening. x

Didnt notice em TBH  (upper ,osmond end )
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 60
Madeleymariner
September 28, 2014, 2:33am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,050
Gold Stars: 49
Quoted from denni266

isnt that what  Tony ford used to do

Yes, but he could outpace with ease the majority of players he came up against, unfortunately McKreth isn't that quick
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 60
September 28, 2014, 3:59am
Guest User
Quoted from friskneymariner
We look a different class when we hold a high line and play with pace ,the only time Chester looked like getting into the game was after their substitutions and we sat back until we figured them out.A very professional display today and shows what we can do when we pass the ball to feet.

Good point about a high line.
Little dropping deep, think we did quite well on this front.
Pass the ball to feet yes, although I'd say this was more 1st half than 2nd ?

Quoted from DocTower
We now have to show how we fare against a side of spoilers.

A fair observation IMO.
Keep working hard, passing the ball and doing the things that worked yesterday, can't see any reason to be unduly worried.
Reply: 49 - 60
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.