15 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
pontoonlew
September 7, 2013, 12:19am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +8,998
Gold Stars: 174
I agree with the Miller point, but these two have hardly got the best out of the good players we've had. Paddy Mclaughlin was one of the best midfielders in the league two seasons ago, now he just looks half decent with us. Jamie Devitt looked really poor under them, Hearn looks out of sorts too.

A good manager would get this squad promoted (with the addition of a center back and left back).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 148
September 7, 2013, 12:20am
Guest User
Quoted from Rob_in_Grimsby

Totally agree, I think we went backward letting Miller and Nivan go, TBH the replacements have not shown anything better yet,

Hi Rob, sure you're a top lad but how come you are one of the 'elite' when I don't remember you posting on the normal fishy too much?

Mean no disrespect, but I think people on here are a little worried about potential legal action each word they type and I don't think I know you? Maybe it's me but the North Koreans are watching.

Cheers

Jason Paget
Reply: 121 - 148
Marinerz93
September 7, 2013, 12:28am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from 75

Hi Rob, sure you're a top lad but how come you are one of the 'elite' when I don't remember you posting on the normal fishy too much?

Mean no disrespect, but I think people on here are a little worried about potential legal action each word they type and I don't think I know you? Maybe it's me but the North Koreans are watching.

Cheers

Jason Paget

To keep control you must make sure you don't lose it in the first place.  I know your not happy Padge but not everyone is a club spy!

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 148
Rob_in_Grimsby
September 7, 2013, 12:29am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 8
Jason
I have been on the Fishy from the off but don't post to often, I for my sins I am the person responsible for the Fishy logo when Rob moved the forum from the Electronic Fish cake. Not sure why people think I am anyone but myself TBH

Rob Andrews
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 148
pontoonlew
September 7, 2013, 12:33am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +8,998
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from Marinerz93

To keep control you must make sure you don't lose it in the first place.  I know your not happy Padge but not everyone is a club spy!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 148
davmariner
September 7, 2013, 12:34am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,911
Gold Stars: 79
Just seen a tweet from Matt Dannatt from the Telegraph: "Aswas Thomas' apology and #GTFC announcement regarding Rob Scott are not linked, so I'm told". Interesting! Is this worth its own thread maybe?

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 148
September 7, 2013, 12:36am
Guest User
Quoted from Marinerz93

I've nothing to hide but my love for my football club and I've not been one to hide behind a username. It's stupid, we are all Town, we all want the same thing and I for one am passionate about my football club. I only have one club, I'll never have another but I am so so disillusioned after recent events on a personal basis, I've never felt so isolated from the club - that's the truth. I understand a senior member of the board has asked admin to consider my membership of this forum, or at least questioned it - hence never so isolated from my own club.

I cant' comment on why this forum, the busiest of all GTFC forums has been driven underground (or perhaps the owner chose to for a reason I am not aware of).

That's the way I feel and intercourse it, I'll say it, or I'll type it. So if I've gone in the next day or two, I wish you all well. UTM.

If anybody feels I have violated any conditions or caused any upset by my post above, please PM me and I will deal with your request ASAP.
Reply: 126 - 148
ginnywings
September 7, 2013, 12:44am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,119
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from GrimRob

Gates haven't fallen under S&H they have gone up, quite a lot. Last year we averaged 3800, it was 3100 the year before and a bit less the year before that. 3500 so far in the 3 games to date this season.

Fair enough, the overall trend may be up but we scraped just over 4000 for the first home game, which promptly fell by 700 for the second game, and then went up very slightly for the third home game on the back of two wins.

The general feeling of apathy around the ground is apparent and lots of diehards who have sat around me for years and years have started to vote with their feet. The ones that are left are starting to question their allegiance as the football and atmosphere is non existant.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 148
Marinerz93
September 7, 2013, 12:44am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from 75

I've nothing to hide but my love for my football club and I've not been one to hide behind a username. It's stupid, we are all Town, we all want the same thing and I for one am passionate about my football club. I only have one club, I'll never have another but I am so so disillusioned after recent events on a personal basis, I've never felt so isolated from the club - that's the truth. I understand a senior member of the board has asked admin to consider my membership of this forum, or at least questioned it - hence never so isolated from my own club.

I cant' comment on why this forum, the busiest of all GTFC forums has been driven underground (or perhaps the owner chose to for a reason I am not aware of).

That's the way I feel and intercourse it, I'll say it, or I'll type it. So if I've gone in the next day or two, I wish you all well. UTM.

If anybody feels I have violated any conditions or caused any upset by my post above, please PM me and I will deal with your request ASAP.

I hear every word Padge and know how you feel.  There is always a way to get your point of view across, at this minute in time I would advise some chill time.  We have already lost too many, we don't want to lose any more.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 128 - 148
September 7, 2013, 12:49am
Guest User
Quoted from Rob_in_Grimsby
Jason
I have been on the Fishy from the off but don't post to often, I for my sins am the person responsible for the Fishy logo when Rob moved the forum from the Electronic Fish cake. Not sure why people think I am anyone but myself TBH

Rob Andrews

I do apologise Rob. Sorry, it's just the atmosphere on here isn't great at the moment. Nothing to do with you of course but it appears to be an oppressive atmosphere on here at the moment. Still, sorry about that one and UTM. Cracking logo by the way!

Padge
Reply: 129 - 148
15 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Rob Scott Gone

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.