15 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Lincoln Mariner 56
September 6, 2013, 11:29pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,688
Gold Stars: 73
In Ginnywings corner here. After the first game I said that we should change managers not because of that result but something about the atmosphere at the club seems wrong. I am not an advocate of sacking managers and really thought these two would get us out this league. But if Clayton Mcdonald is imprving quality within this club I'm a Dutchman. He is an embarassment to the club and the release of Miller defies credibility and if there were external or other reasons for his departure the fans should have been told.

I believe they have put some pride back in the club both for us fans and the players wearing the shirt but I think this season they have lost direction both in the quality of player signed on and the formation to be used. Any system will work if the team is good enough and the way we played last autumn was an example, however, since that boxing day performance everything about the club has gone backwards despite the trip to Wembley.

Whatever the outcome I am sure we all want the same thing thats success for town and I do not care who delivers it but it needs delivering sooner rather than later
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 148
davmariner
September 6, 2013, 11:49pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,911
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from Marinerz93

I agree with your thought process but it depends were the information came from 'cough cough' because a certain person didn't know what went on pitch side  

Fair point! I personally feel that this could have been handled slightly better in a way that would limit the amount of disruption caused to the club and the team.

For what it's worth I can't help feeling slightly sorry for Rob Scott tonight. If he has done what is alleged then that is completely wrong and appropriate action should be taken and it looks as if that is happening. He obviously has gone about things the wrong way and behaved unprofessionally at times, but I genuinely had the feeling that he wanted the club to do well and worked hard towards it. The way he behaved stemmed from frustration. Frustration that referees have been appalling at times, frustration that maybe fans have got on players backs too easily and frustration at the general negativity around the club. I think his approach to management is dated and not necessarily appropriate in the professional game of today and has contributed to his downfall.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 148
September 6, 2013, 11:52pm
Guest User
Quoted from davmariner

Fair point! I personally feel that this could have been handled slightly better in a way that would limit the amount of disruption caused to the club and the team.

For what it's worth I can't help feeling slightly sorry for Rob Scott tonight. If he has done what is alleged then that is completely wrong and appropriate action should be taken and it looks as if that is happening. He obviously has gone about things the wrong way and behaved unprofessionally at times, but I genuinely had the feeling that he wanted the club to do well and worked hard towards it. The way he behaved stemmed from frustration. Frustration that referees have been appalling at times, frustration that maybe fans have got on players backs too easily and frustration at the general negativity around the club. I think his approach to management is dated and not necessarily appropriate in the professional game of today and has contributed to his downfall.

We don't know what's happened but I am sad for Rob who has always given his all. Perhaps too much of his all and I hope he comes back from this a more reasoned yet still passionate manger, best of luck Rob.
Reply: 112 - 148
davmariner
September 6, 2013, 11:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from 75

We don't know what's happened but I am sad for Rob who has always given his all. Perhaps too much of his all and I hope he comes back from this a more reasoned yet still passionate manger, best of luck Rob.

Good point that maybe I should have addressed. Hopefully what is alleged isn't true, I think it could only be bad for the club if that has happened. One thing for sure is that since their arrival, tactics and formations aside, I've seen players that are professional and that have given their all for the club which is a mentality instilled by the managers. Many have and will draw similarities between a certain ex scouse manager and Rob Scott. This is complete tosh and couldn't be more untrue.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 148
dapperz fun pub
September 7, 2013, 12:05am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from davmariner

Good point that maybe I should have addressed. Hopefully what is alleged isn't true, I think it could only be bad for the club if that has happened. One thing for sure is that since their arrival, tactics and formations aside, I've seen players that are professional and that have given their all for the club which is a mentality instilled by the managers. Many have and will draw similarities between a certain ex scouse manager and Rob Scott. This is complete tosh and couldn't be more untrue.

Im told by our former left back from scuntsville scott was a professional person in all the things he did football and a more importantly a decent coach aswell, he will get more work
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 148
pontoonlew
September 7, 2013, 12:07am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +8,994
Gold Stars: 171
Only just seen this, pretty delighted he's out of the club to be fair. I also don't agree with the worry that a new manager could set us back 2 years, this isn't a case of a manager leaving behind a excrement squad. We've actually got a very very good squad imo just tactically inept managers and one in particular who is that self obsessed that he was failing to see that his tactics were not working. This gives Hurst a golden opportunity to put things right without it looking like he's back tracking on himself. For that reason alone I hope he stays and makes the club his own, he seems a decent enough bloke and could thrive without flipping motor mouth going off on his own tangent because he just wants to be right.

Tomorrows squad selection will be very very interesting. If it's a starting 11 we've been crying out for I reckon we will see a huge positive from Hurst in charge, if it's the same old shite then I can't see him being here this time next week.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 148
Marinerz93
September 7, 2013, 12:09am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Good debating points davmariner and BP Vicar, and to a point they both have brought in players who for large parts of the season tried.  It's the back end of last season and the beginning of this and maybe a host of other variables that has brought us to this point.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 148
mariner91
September 7, 2013, 12:10am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,625
Gold Stars: 260
I don't think we have a "very, very good squad". It's decent but not amazing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 148
davmariner
September 7, 2013, 12:15am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

Im told by our former left back from scuntsville scott was a professional person in all the things he did football and a more importantly a decent coach aswell, he will get more work

Interesting to hear that, maybe Rob was a bit misunderstood in the end after all? On a match day we see a bit of a show from a ranting buffoon that apparently has a go at his players at every opportunity. The more I think about it the more I realise that whenever I've heard him interviewed and he's acted like a bit of an idiot it's usually been in defence of his players on the back of criticism. He may be a bit of a muppet who is all mouth but I can't imagine him as a violent thug. Starting to now doubt these rumours myself to be honest.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 148
Rob_in_Grimsby
September 7, 2013, 12:16am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from mariner91
I don't think we have a "very, very good squad". It's decent but not amazing.

Totally agree, I think we went backward letting Miller and Nivan go, TBH the replacements have not shown anything better yet,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 148
15 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Rob Scott Gone

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.